Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Rosbjerg

Not really  gaming related, but still journalism

http://nypost.com/2015/11/15/family-of-911-hero-refuses-award-over-caitlyn-jenner/

I have to admit, while he might have overreacted, he has a point. That award feels awkward and was probably awarded ONLY because of recipients transgenderism.

Yeah, the giving back of the award may be a bit overly dramatic.  That said, I may be a cis-gendered, transphobic, disgusting pig for saying that Bruce Caitlyn Jenner is getting a whole bunch of undeserved attention based on the fact that praising the sex change and saying how brave he she is is the fashionable thing to do, but I call 'em like I see 'em, political correctness be damned.  Basically, a lot of people are tripping all over themselves to give an attention whore attention in exchange for social justice points.  I'm not sure what social justice points are redeemable for, though.  Is there a raffle?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's not brave when everyone fawns over you.

Now, now. Wouldn't you agree that it's quite brave to go against medical science? http://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh-transgender-surgery-isnt-the-solution-1402615120 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bethesda Fallouts (not 1, 2 or New Vegas) are places where nobody could live, where mankind does not leave its mark and there is no realism or believable world building, there isn't even water or crops usually.

Game journalism and those who pursue it really are both laughably incompetent, and yet have the gall to attack those whom have made the industry and provided jobs for these unemployable morons! The irony is almost unbelievable.

#notallgamejournalists

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty ****ing disgusted by the gloating that's been happening over Jubbal's name being attached to terrorist attacks because of a photoshopped picture.
There's jokes and then there's stuff that can damage a person's life, livelihood and potentially even get them physically harmed.
I don't like Jubbal. I think he's an ***hole, but being an ass is absolutely no excuse for being put through having to see your own face on a newspaper in connection with a tragedy as a "joke".

Sure, the account that did it, Blacktric, may not have been GG, but a lot of the reaction to the entire thing has largely been "WOLOLOLOLOLOLO".
It's has left an incredibly sour taste in my mouth.

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Yeah, that is pretty scummy to do. Press need to be a tad more responsible, as well, as that is one sketchy PS job.n

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's an incredibly ****ty thing to do.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty ****ing disgusted by the gloating that's been happening over Jubbal's name being attached to terrorist attacks because of a photoshopped picture.

There's jokes and then there's stuff that can damage a person's life, livelihood and potentially even get them physically harmed.

I don't like Jubbal. I think he's an ***hole, but being an ass is absolutely no excuse for being put through having to see your own face on a newspaper in connection with a tragedy as a "joke".

Sure, the account that did it, Blacktric, may not have been GG, but a lot of the reaction to the entire thing has largely been "WOLOLOLOLOLOLO".

It's has left an incredibly sour taste in my mouth.

I'm not following here, what happened?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/16/canadian-pictured-as-paris-terrorist-in-suspected-gamergate-smear

Jubbal's tweets do make him punchable, but no jihadi.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And like clockwork this was made by someone who is against gamergate: https://tweetsave.com/bl4ptrep

Uhm, that Blacktric guy wrote "****". That's what ayyteam usually calls GG. Still a very ****ty thing to do to a guy (never heard of him before).

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I don't know who any of these people are, but those "jokes" are a ****ty thing to do, regardless of affiliations, political leanings, whatever.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Who is that character, anyways?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Linkle.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

The one on the right is, too? I figured it was an actual real character, since it was being insulted.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Why create something new and positive when you can take something that is the embodiment of what your preconcieved enemy have created and change it according to your whims and fantasies? Actually, i see no difference between this and war-time propaganda.

Dear FF-fans and alike, just because you like anal sex and too afraid to admit it, doesn't mean that you can call it oral sex and claim victory. No one respects such pettiness.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The best way to go about this would be putting pressure on Ubisoft to finally make Beyond Good and Evil 2. It was a similar game to Zelda in a lot of ways.

Changing a 30 year old character is stupid, and Nintendo already has a Female lead with Samus.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure "every Link is a different one, they just happen to have the same name Because Reasons" is canon.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

The best way to go about this would be putting pressure on Ubisoft to finally make Beyond Good and Evil 2. It was a similar game to Zelda in a lot of ways.

Changing a 30 year old character is stupid, and Nintendo already has a Female lead with Samus.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure "every Link is a different one, they just happen to have the same name Because Reasons" is canon.

Oh, you are definitely correct about Link.

I still think that convincing a company to sequel a cult classic with a Female lead is easier than convincing a Japanese company to change the sex of a 30 year old character because of feminists in America want it.

I still think that convincing a company to sequel a cult classic with a Female lead is easier than convincing a Japanese company to change the sex of a 30 year old character because of feminists in America want it.

Well yes, the idea isn't practical, and as Fighter pointed out, mildly problematic on its own, but it fits LoZ rather well.