I'm ambivalent. It WAS cheesy, but I like cheese. I cheesed summons all over the Very Definitely Final Boss and it was amazing.

Never tried Path of the Damned solo, but...I do know it's supposed to be really effing challenging. So, yay for being that?

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

I only use figurines when playing solo, the fights last really long on PoTD much longer then 20 secs. I finsihed PoTD solo and i seriously cant see how can u finish the last fight with summonings lasting only 20 secs. Maybe the more balanced solution would be for Intelligance to affect the duration of summoned creatures.... Just a thought

Maybe the more balanced solution would be for Intelligance to affect the duration of summoned creatures.... Just a thought

Is it now affected by Survival, as figurines are in a way consumables, or is the duration absolutely fixed?

It should be! Gonna play with survival to see if it affects duration!

Edited by BicycleRepairMan

I understand the duration was nerfed to prevent a party of chanters from clearing the whole map without risk. But 20s is really too short. 100s or more, in line with food consumables, provides more strategic value, especially for solo players. Perhaps someone can tweak this through a mod... hopefully?

Quoting the devs, the game is balanced around playing a party of six. The devs don't expect you to solo the content, and the triple crown achievement is for people who find a way to do it anyway, you are not encouraged to go for it.

What I want to say is that the devs don't consider if their changes to balance disables you to solo the game, and they are unlikely to change difficulty in favor of soloing. I guess the summons are balanced now.

Edited by Doppelschwert

It was incredibly cheesy, and ridiculously overpowered. It was always a little bit weird that just by spending 6000 gold (and early on it was much, much cheaper), you suddenly had an option that made combat magnitudes less difficult; now TCS players (including myself) will have to figure out different solutions, instead of every single playthrough being "raise gold for the Figurine of Win".

As someone who loves his TCS runs, yes, it does make TCS way, way more difficult. But the game should be balanced first and foremost for parties, and for parties it was clear that they needed a summon time limit. I'll miss it, though.

Tying survival to duration would be an excellent way to make it a bit less harsh, and to make that useless skill a little more important.

I understand the duration was nerfed to prevent a party of chanters from clearing the whole map without risk. But 20s is really too short. 100s or more, in line with food consumables, provides more strategic value, especially for solo players. Perhaps someone can tweak this through a mod... hopefully?

100 seconds would be nearly the same as "permanent" in the vast majority of cases, even in TCS. 

• Like 1

now TCS players (including myself) will have to figure out different solutions, instead of every single playthrough being "raise gold for the Figurine of Win".

That's just retarded. it used to be a choice. Sure it was cheesy but no one forced you to go for it.

Whow, never played PoTD solo but still had no idea those summons can last 20 secs... they die on hard with full party like in 3-5 seconds for me =/

PoTD, Trial of Iron is the only way I play.  Raises the stakes and if you screw it up its over teheeeeeeeeeee

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.