1. Personally, I don't think much of it, but YMMV. IIRC, some people swear by it.

2. It's not measured in hits taken. I believe the affect applies to all damage taken during Unbending's duration (base 15 seconds).

3. Yes, but only after the fact. So if the damage would kill you, it still does that. If you'd survive the damage, Unbending helps you bounce back from it.

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I have Defender and Vigorous Defence. I feel confident in my tanks ability to tank. I'm still unsure on if i really need unbending. I can see how it would be useful, but Ive not noticed any battle where ive thought '' damn, i wish i had unbending right now''

Yeah, it's not an ability I've chosen for Eder as a tank even for PoTD. I've focused on passives that pretty much eliminate the need to ever use these Per Rest abilities. Make sure you have the Wary Defender talent too.

First question. Is it worth it?

Second question. How many hits does it last for?

Last Question. Is it basically an ability that halves damage taken? ( considering you regain 50% of the damage as endurance)

I've not bothered with it. If you're taking so much damage that you need 50% of it to heal you, and it's over-time heal mind you, then you're in trouble anyways. And it doesn't stop you from being one-shotted. Just drink some Ale/Mead/Beer.

Very best,

• 2 months later...

It heals 50% of the damage you take over something like 10 or 15 seconds.

Example you have 300 endurance and start to take damage:

1.)  you do nothing and take 300 endurance and die

2.) You activate unbending and take damage faster then you heal and die

3.) You activate unbending and take 300 damage spread out over the duration and you finish up with half of your endurance left. You effectively healed 150 endurance over a long duration

4.) You take 599 damage spread out over the duration precisely and you remain alive with one endurance. You effectively healed 299 endurance over a long duration. This would be the ultimate payoff but it pretty unrealistic.

5.) You take a better ability and have the paladin use Lay on Hands and have him heal you for more endurance over a shorter time and he can do it twice :)

6.) You save yourself the heartache and roll up a Paladin or a Monk.

One big problem is that you don't know when you need to activate it and since it is per rest you'll hold off until it becomes a bad situation. At that point it runs the risk of healing too slowly and the damage can outpace the heal.

Those of us who played after 2.0 and faced enemy fighters know than Unbending is very strong and can heal MORE damage than fighter is taking.

I used it at half Endurance and it kept me there for it's entire duration.

And my fighter was taking quite a beating so Constant Recovery had very little impact.

Vancian =/= per rest.

I try to test it and what I sea was something like that:

-active unbending, take hit 30 dmg point and info appeared something ~30 heal point over time and it was like this every time, amount of dmg and similiar effect heal, effects stucked each other

so either sth wrong with my version or skill is badly described, because it was sth 100% dmg=100% heal over time