What you did today

Blarghagh

Well, this all happened before I got home, but I'm pretty sure they didn't send some poor bastard into my attic.  I'm sure there's no one in there.  <.<  I hope not.  >.>  :Cant's chuckle icon:

Sounds like Mesh had a much worse day of it than me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

3 sets of 8 reps 170kg / 375lbs deadlifts. I feel properly trashed now. And now some bent over rows and relaxed bicep curl drop sets as finisher.  :w00t: And later some night sky photography before bed time. Life is good. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Yeah, I couldn't listen to the song at work but that's the look of a man having troubles with his lady. :lol:

Just one of many in my life. Women are the reason for and the cure against man's suffering. I am old enough to have dated them for half my life now, and the feeling of loss doesn't get any easier with age. But i think i have the odds stacked against me for a reason; namely i have a soft spot for red heads and the artistic type personality, not exactly known for their calm demeanor and wife material.

Well, at least i have Tom Waits to channels the feelz. He does so perfectly.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I am on my way home from Vegas in much better shape than the previous trip. 4 days is pretty much ideal, we got to do a ton and I just started to get worried about how much money I am spending. It was a great trip, no luck at the tables, but good dinner and some fun times with my wife.

Have a couple days off work, though not sure being around my family is better or worse than going into work. Hm, I suppose I can still go to the office and troll my coworkers.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So apparently I get air sickness.  I was pretty much miserable for the flight and the drive home.  Weird, I was fine on the way TO Vegas, but flying home was horrible.  Last trip I got sick as well, but I blamed that on the massive hangover and a bad sandwich.  Today I was sober and healthy until the plane lifted off.   :x

Women are the reason for and the cure against man's suffering. I am old enough to have dated them for half my life now, and the feeling of loss doesn't get any easier with age. 

Yes it does not. 

I used to think I was a reddish David Beckham, but now I know I'm no more than a hungover David Caruso. So I threw in the towel. Lately I read, play games, watch movies, don't even look more than twice at girls. It's not a bad life. I miss it sometimes, but after screwing up so eloquently the best thing ever ... going it alone seems fitting.   

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Some speeding idiot crashed into my mothers car totally wrecking it.  That guy is so lucky because my mother only suffers minor scratches, if she suffered any life threatening injuries I'd beat that guy to death. 

Edited by Woldan

Glad your mom was ok. :thumbsup:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This is my day off this week (scheduling shenaningans abounds... where the first day of our pay period is friday, the last is thurs, so I get today and next thursday off... after a five day work week, then another four days before my two days off to move). Then I get mandatory overtime for two weeks, and I'm still seeking new opportunities just to get out of a situation where I don't get a 'weekend'.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The whole day i was just debating in my head to buy a crosstrainer...i really, really need to do something again for my shape and health. But on the other hand the money would be needed for other stuff...and i question my self-decipline...argh. I need a beer :grin:

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

The whole day i was just debating in my head to buy a crosstrainer...i really, really need to do something again for my shape and health. But on the other hand the money would be needed for other stuff...and i question my self-decipline...argh. I need a beer :grin:

Why a cross trainer, we live in a beautiful country, get a bicycle. That would also surely increase your motivation tenfold. Heck, if I can boast about something its my self discipline in sports and even I find a cross trainer and stationary bikes horrifying. (So horrifying that it makes them interesting in their own way)

The only way I'd ever use a stationary bike again is if I was stationed in a submarine or the ISS. 

Edited by Woldan

Why a cross trainer, we live in a beautiful country, get a bicycle. That would also surely increase your motivation tenfold. Heck, if I can boast about something its my self discipline in sports and even I find a cross trainer and stationary bikes horrifying. (So horrifying that it makes them interesting in their own way)

The only way I'd ever use a stationary bike again is if I was stationed in a submarine or the ISS. 

As far as i know, and i might be wrong ok, but  i want something for the whole body and a crosstrainer seems to fit that. I´m horrible at self discipline, thats why i thought "well i can use that as a starting thing to actually get SOMETHING done and get into it, while i can still watch my stupid youtube **** or movies" to start out and basicly trick myself into it (i´m eyeing a cheap machine). You are right, we have great biking places...hell i loved to do that when i was younger. But if you give me a bike now, i would sit at the street gasping for air in no time...i need something to get started. Also i have back problems ( birth failure) thats why i stoped biking when i was a teenager. So thats not really an option :/

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

My opinion about cross trainers is, they're very effective in burning fat and building endurance, even better than bikes, but if you think you're building any kind of muscle mass or strength you'll be disappointed.

A good exercise program consist of cardio and strength training, doing both will assist each other, and especially your spinal problem screams for exercises to strengthen your back (consult your doc though). Even things like slipping discs can be corrected with muscles - I know power lifters who have slipping discs yet they live a good life and lift several hundred kilos of weights while many normal people with slipping discs live in a world of pain.

If your abdominal, back and butt muscles are strong they support your back and minimize or even completely compensate many kinds of spinal defects. 

Edited by Woldan

I'd recommend Yoga if you want to strengthen your back.  The nice thing is all you need is a mat and some youtube videos to get started on that.  Mix in some Pilates as well.  I started in on a daily regimen about 6 months ago and my back pain has lessened considerably.  

• Like 1

My opinion about cross trainers is, they're very effective in burning fat and building endurance, even better than bikes, but if you think you're building any kind of muscle mass or strength you'll be disappointed.

A good exercise program consist of cardio and strength training, doing both will assist each other, and especially your spinal problem screams for exercises to strengthen your back (consult your doc though). Even things like slipping discs can be corrected with muscles - I know power lifters who have slipping discs yet they live a good life and lift several hundred kilos of weights while many normal people with slipping discs live in a world of pain.

If your abdominal, back and butt muscles are strong they support your back and minimize or even completely compensate many kinds of spinal defects. 

That was my thought, burning fat first, i´m not going for muscles now, a little bit buff would be nice but i know i can easily do that afterwards, i have the build for it and was there. It´s more about burning fat and getting back to have some endurance. Which is really non-existing now. I have underdeveloped discs in the lower back. Swimming would be perfect, but thats a no go. So a cross trainer seems perfect for me without putting too much pressure onto the lower back.

I will look up more exercises for the lower back, and thanks for your input :)

I'd recommend Yoga if you want to strengthen your back.  The nice thing is all you need is a mat and some youtube videos to get started on that.  Mix in some Pilates as well.  I started in on a daily regimen about 6 months ago and my back pain has lessened considerably.  

Hm...i´m sceptical, twisting my body to help my back sounds very counterproductive, not saying it won´t work. Just being sceptical, i´m a big guy (and i don´t mean fat with that), Bending myself doesn´t work very well, i know its a matter of training. The idea however is interesting. hmmmm...thinking about it.

Yep, been doing DDP Yoga for a while and it's helped my back more than 3 years attempting to do core excercises.

Thats intersting but HOW does it work o.O i mean you don´t really build up much muscle mass to, as an example, compansate for the lack of disc matter in my case. You get more flexible, maybe improve your posture? I´m really curious, my back problems have always been a problem in my life.

Edit: oh i see DDP..right..but that is more a workout than yoga...guess its a point of view? :D

Edited by cirdanx

Hm...i´m sceptical, twisting my body to help my back sounds very counterproductive, not saying it won´t work. Just being sceptical, i´m a big guy (and i don´t mean fat with that), Bending myself doesn´t work very well, i know its a matter of training. The idea however is interesting. hmmmm...thinking about it.

Start with beginner programs.  Most exercises or postures have a lot of variations depending on your ability and flexibility.  When I started, touching my toes without majorly bending my knees was a pipe dream, but know I'm really seeing some progress in my hamstrings and my back.  

This girl is a good place for beginners, plus she is pretty cute:

https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

Then my other favorite is Denise Austin, who does a wide range of cardio, pilates, and yoga in her videos.  She is 58 and looks better than most people in their 20's, and she's been making videos for about 30 years.

• Like 1