I'm downloading now, but what does everyone think about 1.6 which is heavily focused on Paladin tweaks?

• Lay on Hands increased from 1/Encounter to 2/Encounter. Base healing value was increased from 20 per tick to 25 per tick and Greater Lay on Hands increased from +7 to +12.
  • Flames of Devotion was given a +20 Accuracy bonus.
  • Spell Holding: Blessing Accuracy bonus reduced from +10 to +5.
  • All Zealous auras set to the same size. This decreased the size of Charge, but increased the sized of Focus and Endurance.
  • Bonus Graze to Hit rate added to Zealous Focus.
  • Bonus Hit to Graze rate added to Zealous Endurance.
  • Sworn Enemy will no longer call a hit reaction when applied.
  • Endurance reduction on the end of Reviving Exhortation was reduced.
  • Suppress Affliction base duration lowered from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • All Exhortations are now set to recover immediately.
  • Reinforcing Exhortation now grants +25 deflection instead of +15.
  • Hastening Exhortation lowered to 9th level (was 11th).
  • Like 1

Step in the right direction.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

The added bonuses on Zealous Focus and Zealous Endurance will be nice for those who felt those auras were a bit redundant, depending on how big those effects are. In particular, I think the hit->graze conversion on ZE will be interesting, as it's an uncommon bonus on armor and should stack with the Fighter's Critical Defense. Could be nice for parties that field some melee DPS. The increased aura size will be interesting to see in practice as well, especially if they end up fixing the bug that makes auras double in size.

Some interesting changes to exhortations. There's no direct buff to Liberating Exhortation, but a UI change will make it easier to see it working at least. Reviving Exhortation might actually be usable now for something other than firing off an extra couple of abilities. The fact that exhortations don't have a recovery phase will make them easier to use for low Dex heavy armor Paladins.

I don't think the Flames of Devotion buff will have a huge impact on DPS builds, but at least you don't have to worry about missing your two big hits of the fight. It will help out those builds that like to open up with a couple of boosted gun shots before closing, at least.

Are you Bsing or is there a  up coming patch for real?  Cant find it anywhere don't know if this is a troll or legit haha

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Wow you know me I am your local forum Paladin fan boy but even I will admit those are welcome changes.  Can someone clarify the hit to graze thing with the auras?

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Wow you know me I am your local forum Paladin fan boy but even I will admit those are welcome changes.  Can someone clarity the hit to graze thing with the auras?

I interpret it as:

• Zealous Focus will now provide graze->hit conversion for your allies, meaning that there will be a chance that an ally that lands a graze will hit instead.
  • Zealous Endurance will provide hit->graze conversion against enemy attacks, meaning that if an ally gets hit, it might turn into a graze instead.
  • Like 2

Looks good.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Wow you know me I am your local forum Paladin fan boy but even I will admit those are welcome changes.  Can someone clarify the hit to graze thing with the auras?

Zealous Endurance: +3 DR, 15% of incoming hits reduced to Grazes

Zealous Focus: +6 Accuracy, 15% of grazes converted to Hits

• Like 2

I suppose this is a bug, but zealous endurance (and I assume the other auras) have a map wide range. I can fight on one end of the map with my paladin on the other end and still get the aura effects.

Definitely a bug...seems to have happened after a combat but it normally works within a range.

Edited by taek

If it's intended...wow.

It probably isn't and should be reported as a bug for devs to look at before they release the final version of 1.6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I suppose this is a bug, but zealous endurance (and I assume the other auras) have a map wide range. I can fight on one end of the map with my paladin on the other end and still get the aura effects.

Definitely a bug...seems to have happened after a combat but it normally works within a range.

I found that with Pallegina on my first playthrough, the aura's range was enormous. I made another Paladin with the same stats and same gear, and the aura was no where near as wide. Very strange, but also very useful for fighting large enemies like dragons.

Zealous Endurance: +3 DR, 15% of incoming hits reduced to Grazes

Zealous Focus: +6 Accuracy, 15% of grazes converted to Hits

Wow, that's a lot better than I was expecting. That's a pretty significant buff.

@taek The aura range increase is a known issue. Not sure what causes it, but something causes the buff to more or less double in radius, and it will occur multiple times and stack until it's larger than the map.

I must say I don't really approve of LoH changes though. +1 use is a good change since it allows you to spread out your heal more. Straight up healing buff is not so good, as LoH already was a very strong low level heal. Now It's completely OP at low levels while still degrading towards high levels (but it's decent even there, so that must tell you how much of an overkill it is for low levels). I think more abilities need some scaling with level in the game, like battleforged. I think it should be more like 10+ 3*(level - 1) per tick or smth like that instead of flat 25, so it's much weaker for low levels while being stronger for high levels.

• Like 3

It is not overpowered at low levels since you'll lack the endurance/health to make use of it ... assuming you'd manage to keep a low level "standing" trough massive incoming damage and LoH HoT healing - it would soon run out of health an DIE ..

Healing in general only really starts to pay off at higher levels when you've got big enough health/endurance pools ..

WPNTVf7.jpg

Well, 2xLoH at lvl 1 can bring 2 characters into red health from green as of now :p. This is more of an issue with how heals work in the first place, since they don't make you invincible, but rather "borrow" some health from future encounters. But as far as heals go, it IS OP for level 1, compared to pretty much anything else.

Better to have something op on the pala than everybody complaining how weak it is. Also everybody has something more or less op, even though nerfed the petrify debuffs from priest and wizard are still crazy.

It's not that OP so I would cry for nerfs, it just seems fundamentally wrong to me that it does not scale with level (and thus starts the most powerful at level 1 and essentially degrades with each level). It's like a spiritshift deja vu (although LoH is much better than spirit**** at high levels, but the pattern is the same). I would rather have a smoother scaling instead.

Edited by MadDemiurg