there are plenty of abilities that don't scale (ex envenomed strike, deep wounds, .. most of them to think of it) you just don't get most of them from lvl 1.. But LoH is not mandatory at lvl 1.. The new FoD is a strong contender .. And you can get LoH later and see it "degrade" less ..

WPNTVf7.jpg

It's not that OP so I would cry for nerfs, it just seems fundamentally wrong to me that it does not scale with level (and thus starts the most powerful at level 1 and essentially degrades with each level). It's like a spiritshift deja vu (although LoH is much better than spirit**** at high levels, but the pattern is the same). I would rather have a smoother scaling instead.

I know what you mean, but as pedroelm said it's often redundant because of lacking END pool.

Well, in case of abilities like Deep Wounds, they do not need scaling as they constantly add something on top of another effect (your weapon attack), so it's always nice. Stuff like accuracy bonuses or hit quality converters all scales by default. Stuff that provides a separate flat value effect like LoH should scale IMO.

Also, what are we actually arguing about? Do you think that current implementation is better than the one that would scale as I suggested?

Edited by MadDemiurg

Nah, scaling would do fine - but I don't feel the need and they don't have the resources (IMO) to do "cosmetic/fine tuning" when there are still so many huge bugs out there half of which they aren't even acknowledging ... I would much rather they focused their (apparently very limited)  resources where it would have the most impact .. 

• Like 1

WPNTVf7.jpg

Well, since they've already touched it they could as well do a bit better. And it's not like changing 1 ability formula is a lot of work. But as I said, I'm more or less fine with it, no NPC paladin fix is the only major gripe about the patch for me (but you can use IEMod for that I guess).

I would also like to see +1/encounter FoD talent. Just giving +1 FoD for free with the 1.06 buff would be too good imo, but 2/encounter still feels too low for me to specialize with other FoD talents. Having to spend a talent for an extra use would be a perfect compromise I think. But it's unlikely that the dev team is going to add any new talents in scope of balance changes, which is a shame.

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 1

@Crescent Hawk; Why wouldn't it? Every other aura bonus applies to the Paladin as well as the party.

On LoH; I was surprised they touched it at all, because I thought it was already a pretty good ability. The increased number of uses will be nice and give better perceived parity with FoD, but I didn't think it needed a healing buff (Okay, Greater Lay on Hands needed a buff because it was so miniscule, but I'm not sure this even makes it more valuable).

Support, support, support. Even +20 FoD Accuracy is a support buff in the Paladin context. Good stuff. Though, I'm surprised the extra Aura effects were rolled directly into them instead of split off into separate Talents a la Crit Focus.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

The accuracy buff for FoD will have interesting effects for effect-on-crit weapons, and lead to less "wasted" FoD whiffs.

> Though, I'm surprised the extra Aura effects were rolled directly into them instead of split off into separate Talents a la Crit Focus.

I'd say paladins were quite talent-starved already without creating new requirements.

• Like 1

I don't know, Bleak Walkers and Goldpact Knights both get FoD boosters that benefit from the accuracy boost. It all depends on whether you're using FoD as a finisher to try to get that killing blow or an opener to soften up enemies with strong alpha.

Darcozzi will benefit from being able to toss off their (Inspiring) Liberating Exhortations without having to worry about recovery time.

High int Darcozzi dropping 2x Inspiring + 2x Reinforcing without any recovery every encounter is the best support paladin hands down. No way KW or Shieldbearers can compete with that.

Pure tank paladins are more or less unchanged by the patch (they still benefit from LoH and auras buffs though, but nothing gamechanging).

After some quick testing FoD accuracy bonus is different from most ability accuracy bonuses. It seems to be a one time magical bonus, so it won't stack with ZF or other magical accuracy boosters. So it means it's effectively +14 with ZF and +5 with warpaint. Well, you're not using warpaint often, but that certainly limits some min/maxing strategies revolving around getting crazy FoD accuracy.

Edited by MadDemiurg

*** those Exhortations ARE CRAZY NOW ! Just did some testing arround , rerolling yet another team of Marksmans with paladin tank 

Edited by Gfted1
Please dont circumvent the language filter.

this is a paladin nerf guys

Suppress Affliction base duration lowered from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

Pretty much the best utility Paladins had and its nerfed.

Auras? So they say its more than focus and less than charge, thats a value range between 2.5 or 4.5. I'd assume its 3m aura, yeah right, "fixed" alright. Was nothing and still is nothing.

Reinforcing Exhortation? You were either a tank and didnt need it, or a squishy and didnt really need it either, so whatever..

this is a paladin nerf guys

Suppress Affliction base duration lowered from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

Pretty much the best utility Paladins had and its nerfed.

Auras? So they say its more than focus and less than charge, thats a value range between 2.5 or 4.5. I'd assume its 3m aura, yeah right, "fixed" alright. Was nothing and still is nothing.

Reinforcing Exhortation? You were either a tank and didnt need it, or a squishy and didnt really need it either, so whatever..

Isn't Suppress Affliction a priest spell?

• Like 3

Darcozzi + 20 Accuracy Buff for your Ranger/Rogue/Cipher , lol dont make me laugh Shieldbearers :D

Perhaps you missed the part where Shieldbearers buff the entire party and Darcozzi... does not.

+deflection combined with aura that converts incoming hits to grazes?  Sweet synergy.

+Rogue accuracy combined with graze to hit aura?  Um... your rogue shouldn't be grazing in the first place.  Maybe Kana will notice the difference.

Edited by Manty5

Buffing the entire party with + deflection is not that useful since the whole party is not getting hit. And it does not affect the paladin, who should be taking most of the hits. +accuracy buff on Rogue is actually not optimal (although it adds a fair amount of dps). Buff your wizard/druid and see enemies completely unable to resist your CC. About "rogue shouldn't be grazing" - play PotD :p.

• Like 1

Although that spell is undeniably powerful :p, AI is usually retarded enough to gang up on your tanks if the ranged part of the team keeps sufficient distance. In case of some mob randomly getting a bright idea to advance you always have CC. If anything, staying closer to the paladin to get that FoD deflection bonus is more dangerous.