Canadian Federal Election 2015

Oerwinde

• 3 weeks later...

PM officially asked the Governor General to dissolve parliament and start the election today. It will be a month longer campaign than usual, which will make it the most expensive election in canadian history I believe, as well as allowing for more campaign spending.

Will update with more ads later.

Mulcair also supposedly dropped out of the televised leadership debates unless Harper participates. So only the Greens, and Liberals are signed on for televised debates now.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

New ads

Conservative

Fact check, the NDP didn't actually lie about where the money was going. It was stated on the expense reports, which is how the CPC got ahold of the info. The last election had a ton of rookie NDP MPs, and the NDP hired extra staff to help them out. (the NDP always runs a full slate of candidates, so they tend to run random people who are ok to have their name on the ballot in ridings they have no chance of winning. Then in the last days of the election, Bloc support abandoned the Bloc for the NDP in Quebec, and all these ballot-warmers who were polling with like 8% support at the beginning of the election got elected.) The CPC want them to repay funds they claim were misappropriated, and the NDP don't think they did anything wrong.

Liberal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbI985_oN-k

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

First debate was last night. You can tell Macleans wasn't used to hosting a televised debate, usually the major networks(CBC, CTV, and Global) team up to host, but Harper wanted none of that this time. I only caught the first 20 minutes or so, but supposedly Green party leader Elizabeth May dominated, and was largely considered the winner by audiences, but all other leaders claimed victory and May isn't included in any but the Consortium debate (the major network one). But Harper and Mulcair have both now said they won't attend.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Several NDP candidates have been pulled due to public comments criticizing Israel. They and other party members are referring to NDP party leader Thomas Mulcair as a dictator akin to Steven Harper.

The Duffy trial (Conservative senator accused of defrauding the government and paid off by Harper's chief of staff) is starting to affect Conservative numbers, with some polls putting them in 3rd place behind the Liberals

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

I have a hard time deciding who to vote for because each party seems to spend way more time bashing the other parties, instead of actually describing in detail for us lesser folk what their own agendas are.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Major policy announcements have been thusb

Liberal

Raise taxes on wealthy, I believe they specified those making 400k per year or more, lower taxes on middle(between 40 and 100k)

Replace taxable flat childcare bonus with one untaxed and weighted by income

Legalize marijuana

NDP

15$ federal minimum wage. Only federal employees or federally regulated professions get this

15$ a day childcare

Conservatives

Stricter drug laws

Ban people from travelling to "terrorist hot spots"

Bring back home reno tax credit

Devastatorsig.jpg

Aside, but this is a typical Conservative these days

NSFW language.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

NSFW language.

OMG !!!

If that is your typical Canadian Conservative then I truly fear for the Conservative future....how rude was that guy....its like he is some ranting loon, why insult the media in such a way?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

NSFW language.

OMG !!!

If that is your typical Canadian Conservative then I truly fear for the Conservative future....how rude was that guy....its like he is some ranting loon, why insult the media in such a way?

Half the Conservative cabinet ministers are like that.

The media get attacked by conservatives in every election. Harper limits the number of questions allowed to be asked and last election he only allowed one at a rally, so the journalists got together and agreed on the question, not sure what it was, but a CBC reporter asked it and was shouted down by the crowd because he was from the CBC.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

So who are you Canadians backing?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I'm undecided but leaning more and more Liberal. They turned me off after backing c-51, but Mulcair is no Layton and hes pulled the NDP too far right to the point that Trudeau's policies are more to my liking.

If anyone is curious

https://canada.isidewith.com/

I got 90% Liberal, 86% NDP and 43% Conservative.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Great. Just great: not only am I in between all parties in the U.S., the same is true for the parties in Canada! :(

84fa227f1c.png

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm undecided but leaning more and more Liberal. They turned me off after backing c-51, but Mulcair is no Layton and hes pulled the NDP too far right to the point that Trudeau's policies are more to my liking.

If anyone is curious

https://canada.isidewith.com/

I got 90% Liberal, 86% NDP and 43% Conservative.

I got 87% Communist, 85% for Liberal and Green, 84% for NDP, and 19% for Conservative.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

I got 87% Communist

So your best party is my worst party...interesting. Good to know: I'll know who to whack first when the apocalypse comes. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I got 87% Communist

So your best party is my worst party...interesting. Good to know: I'll know who to whack first when the apocalypse comes. :p

I think we both know who would be whacked first from this forum in the event of the apocalypse.

• Like 1

820cc80ffa.png

How do you guys get such high percentages for multiple parties? Do I just agree with no-one on some things? :p

The Liberals, Greens, Communist, NDP, and Bloc are all socially progressive parties, then vary on their economic policies.

Not listed is the Rhinoceros party, who have stated they will nationalize Tim Hortons and provide one guaranteed orgasm to every Canadian per month if elected.

There's also this guy

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 2

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Update, Conservatives now in 3rd place behind NDP and Liberals. Conservatives dropped some candidates due to one being caught on hidden camera in 2012 urinating in a client's coffee mug during a CBC marketplace sting on repairmen, the other was a youtube crank caller called the Unicaller, who's video where he impersonates a disabled person came to light the day Harper announced a fund for disabled people.

Liberals dropped two candidates as well, one for criticizing Israel, one for saying she was fine with kids smoking pot.

Really boring campaign so far really, probably due to the extra 30 days. Will post new ads once my computer is back up.

Devastatorsig.jpg

They're all crap. 

Example: People whine about Harper's response tot he who Native thing but Liberals have been in power and done crap. And, NDP is nothing but Liberal Light. People whine about Harper being a meanie to those who oppose them - this is no different than Liberals and NDPs who whenever someone disagrees with them on one issue they throw them in the ttrash and excute them. See new Liberal stance on any party member who opposes abortion. Tghey get thrown in the trash, shamed, bullied, harassed, and attacked. This is evn if they agree with him on 90% of other stuff.

****.TATOR. TOTZ.

All 3 major parties suck. And, the minor ones are just as bad just less successful.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I just vote for the guy who is going to take bribes from who I agree with.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg