Being forced to take benevolent or rational.

In the start of the game, if you save Heodan while he's injured, you are forced to be benevolent or rational.

If he's complaining, there should be an option:

AGGRESSIVE - "Follow us or be on your own".

CRUEL - "You coxfither!" {attack Heodan}

Come on now.

Another problem are the traps, isn't it better to just not disable them and just come back to disarm them for the experience? Or is that too much meta gaming? Given that you explore the entire place, one could come up with this without meta gaming.

Edited by luzarius
  • Like 1

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

One of the best thing about PoE is that you can't just pick your favorite option at all points. The fan service model, where every conversation would have an option for each reputation path is not something to desire.

• Like 3

One of the best thing about PoE is that you can't just pick your favorite option at all points. The fan service model, where every conversation would have an option for each reputation path is not something to desire.

Yup and agreed. Contextually inappropriate reactions are not "RPing".

First of all, this whole thing only happens if Heodan gets wounded. That warrants pointing out. Unless he's maimed in some way, this conversation never happens.

This is another one of those situations where.. yeah, you have a point, a strong one I think, fair enough, but.. no.

I agree completely that "The fan service model, where every conversation would have an option for each reputation path is not something to desire."

But in this situation, the specific one discussed, I really do think that a Cruel option should be present. Not necessarily an Aggressive one that ends up with you attacking Heodan (that would feel odd, random, kick-the-puppy psychotic and stupid, especially considering that you just saved him), but a Cruel one to tell him to push through the pain or we'll leave him behind would be quite appropriate.

In the start of the game, if you save Heodan while he's injured, you are forced to be benevolent or rational.

If he's complaining, there should be an option:

AGGRESSIVE - "Follow us or be on your own".

CRUEL - "You coxfither!" {attack Heodan}

Come on now.

Another problem are the traps, isn't it better to just not disable them and just come back to disarm them for the experience? Or is that too much meta gaming? Given that you explore the entire place, one could come up with this without meta gaming.

Yes, the traps are an issue, but not because of the traps themselves, but because disarming traps gives experience, which is nonsense and stupid. But yes, it is always better to disarm all the traps there, and not create the safe path through it, or trigger them, or just avoid them. If you can't disarm them right away, you come back later and disarm them.

Yup and agreed. Contextually inappropriate reactions are not "RPing".

How would it be contextually inappropriate to tell Heodan that he either gets his dung together or you'll leave him behind? I think it sounds extremely appropriate for someone that's a utilitarian a**hole. You saved Heodan because he's useful, not because you're nice, and you're not going to coddle him.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

Having said that, it's also true that Stoic can be applied basically anywhere.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

There is almost always an option that does not have a reputation modifier attached to it.

This is probably the single exception in the entire game. I don't see a problem with that, tbh. It's not like you instantly get "benevolent 1" just for that one answer.