Trying to compile all the newbie knowledge, and then some.  Feel free to add your own, may become more than an info dump then.

This thread is now updated by moderators as of 5/14/2015 via PM, please continue to add here though.

General Info (includes race, items, or game effects).

[One defensive modal + multiple offensive modals]  You can have one defensive modal on like Cautious attack, but can have multiple offensive ones on like Savage and Vulnerable.

[Highest bonus:  Weapon/shield + Worn items (helms, armor, gloves, rings, boots) /  Chants +  Spells (includes Paladin Auras) + Talents + Per encounter + Racials]  PoE pulls from the various effects for your character to have the highest bonus in each.  For example, I could use a +2 might weapon, and wear a +1 might glove, and have +3 total.

[Wood Elf + Any ranged attack or spell]  Unlike Marksman, this works on any ranged attack/spell.

[island Aumua (optional) + Quick Switch + Slow weapons]  With weapon swapping, the slower weapons like guns bypass much of their recovery issues.

[Moon Godlike + Dumping Con + (High Might)] The endurance heals will make health more of an issue than dropping in combat.  High Might is recommended to get more out of the heals.

[~+100% damage modifiers + Dual wield + Two weapon fighting talent vs 12 DR] Roughly when dual wield starts to gain ground next to a big 2 hander for dps.  Before then its a pretty non optimal choice for dps, but good for the speed of attacks and lack of overkill.  12 DR is what most monsters are at as well besides bosses at 28+ DR.

[(Pale elf) + Shades, phantoms, spirit + Freeze DR]  Pale elf does it easier, tho wizards or paladins can also do it well enough via spells or darcozzi.  A lot less damage from one of the most annoying monsters.

[Low Might Companions + Guns or crossbows]  Just my opinion, but guns are higher average damage and your companions tend to have low might scores giving an inflated "slowness" to combat a lot of times.  Reload animation can be interrupted with skill spam, but the low might is never overcome by weapon selection easily unless you're talking about guns.

[Companions + Roles + Party composition]  1 tank, 1-2 bad off tanks, and 4-6 dps/support are roughly the numbers of what builds are possible.  Also there is no rogue, barbarian, or monk class.  So it might be encouraged to make an offtank.

[Dexterity + Animation times]  Dex effects the actual attack animation AND recovery time.  Where as attack speed is only on the recovery time.  Reload (guns + crossbows) is never effected by either, except by Gunner, Surehand illa chant, and swift aim (ranger).

[Debuffs stack for different sources]  Daze + weaken for example works.

[Leather armor (Scale) + Pierce Proof + (Quality)]  An interesting way to get one of the better DRs vs 2 of the most common attacks (slash/pierce) while retaining a good recovery rate.  Alternatively, Scale is also good in this setup as it has a little more Freeze DR.

[AI + Lowest deflection]  The monsters will target the closest thing they can reach with lowest deflection.  Its possible to number crunch so they target in a specific order for your party that way then.

[sanguine Plate + Shod in Faith + (Low Deflection)]  The new spell holding effects are 2/enc, so having heals + lower deflection + dmg from Frenzy is a great combination, as the person getting crit.

Class (Includes anything that involve a class specific skill).

* * B A R B A R I A N * *

[barbarian + Fire Godlike + Carnage]  Burning up for aoe melee attacks.

[barbarian + Threatening Presence + Brute Force + its a trap]  A NON COMBO:  as fortitude actually is higher for most monsters with high deflection.  That said, it helps land Fort effects like stunning blow from monk, but only gets "ahead" by other debuffs.

[barbarian + Human or Nature Godlike + Vengeful defeat + Second chance item]  +dmg or stats and kamikaze aoe damage

* * C H A N T E R * *

[Chanter + Any buff but not items]  Chants can stack with any buff with similar effects unlike spells where the highest overrides.  It seems chanter buffs go under "item" slot so while it stacks with different sources, a +reflex item and a +reflex chant, the highest wins out instead of stacking.

[Chanter + Chanter(s) + Come Come Swift Winds of Death]  These stack up on enemies and start to melt faces at the beginning of the game.

[Chanter + Frost Chant + (Fleet foot)]  Probably the only class that can reliably kite due to how monsters chase you and you drop frost traps.

* * C I P H E R * *

[Cipher Focus gains + (Fire Godlike) + Retaliate ] Burning/Retaliate up for your focus below 50%

[Cipher + Front line position + Antipathetic Field + Targetting back row enemy] Is extremely high dps, like 25 every second to things in front of you and in melee with you even with 10 might.  Consider making Grieving Mother this build if you have enough CC and support effects as her stats are a bit odd and as a human, she gets some racial +dmg/accuracy when below 50% where melee tend to be.

[Cipher + (Rogue + Escape) or (Monk + Longstrider)  or (Any tank + Fleet foot)+ Ectopsychic Echo]  The rogue can teleport behind the enemy line producing a huge echo effect much like the above.

[Cipher  (Wizard)+ Opening with Confuse] Tenuous Grasp lvl 1 (Cipher) or Bewildering lvl 2 (Wizard), the effect is enemies engage the confused monster and beat them down.

* * F I G H T E R * *

[Fighter + high might + constant recovery] = larger passive endurance regen

[Fighter + high might + wary defender + (two handed OR dual wield) + weapon spec & mastery] = frontline melee that tanks "good enough for long enough" while outputting accurate, consistent damage in a durable package that does not need babysitting.  Eder can do this easily.

* * M O N K * *

[Monk + Turning wheel + Transcendent Suffering + ITS A BUG!]  Turning wheel will overwrite the monk unarmed damage bonuses occasionally with no way to fix it except to go back to a previous save.

[Monk + Wounds + Duration + (Turning wheel)]  Wounds roughly last "10 seconds" so Turning wheel is harder to stack up to higher levels unless they are dealt ~80 damage in less than 10 seconds with Lesser wounds to gain the max benefit. 

[Monk + Stunning + Enervating + Two weapon fighting +(Rogue)] See here:  http://forums.obsidi...-dual-wielding/  Or basically, you stun on first blow, then enervating blows has a much higher chance due to the debuff.  Rogue is nice for the synergy of sneak attack dmg.

[Monk + Moon Godlike + Wounds + Torment's reach (or any wound using ability)] More wounds = more heals = more beatings that will continue until things are dead.

[Monk + Long Stride + (Withdrawal Cape) + (Tank talents/stats) + (Flaggelent's Path) + (Cipher 3rd lvl Ectopsychic) + (Rooting Pain)] A tank that runs really fast past the front line and trails the ally beam behind them is amazing.  Extra bonus for getting hit = more wounds = rooting pain.

[Monk + Turning wheel + Rooting Pain + ITS A TRAP]  Rooting pain is AoE damage, and does NOT get increased by Turning wheel

[Monk + Offhand weapon + Unarmed main weapon] Attacks with offhand only, but with increased accuracy for "both".  This means for Torment's Reach, you can hit a bit harder/accurately at the cost of auto attacks.

[Monk + Torment's Reach or Rooting Pain + (Cone) AoE + Turning wheel] is unaffected by +Turning wheel modifiers or accuracy as its aoe and a spell effect.

[Monk + Might + Transcendent Suffering (aka unarmed damage)]  Might does double duty giving more +dmg for both the class passive and base damage.

* * P A L A D I N * *

[Paladin + Darcozzi + Fires of the Palace + Vulnerable attack + Scion of Flame]  Retaliation is a little harder to gain now, but the low damage of the fire retaliate means the above taken in that order will at least deal decent damage.  Also targets reflex which is good for shade killing.

[Paladin + Flames of Devotion + Intense Flames + Burn Lash + (Guns) - (Scion of Flames)]  aka "The Gunadin" The way it checks vs the reduced DR, its more effective to have a bigger bonus to one category, specifically, fire for the paladin.  Scion of Flames seems to currently NOT work to enhance the lash effect.  Consider a Blunderbuss/Pallegina as well, as all 6 shots have the lash effect vs lowered DR and melts things.

[Paladin + Zealous Charge + (Withdrawal Cape) + (Fleet Foot) + (Tanking stats) + (Cipher spell lvl 3 Ectopsychic)] aka "The Runadin" Monsters will generally latch onto one engager and remain there, the paladin can eat/take some disengage attacks while under their Cipher's friend's beam to provide a good nuke with little harm.

[Paladin + Darcozzi + Inspiring Exhortation + Spells that provide accuracy]  One of the few ways to stack accuracy with other spells or effects.

[Paladin + Ranged Arbalest/Crossbow + Righteous Soul (lvl 9)] will effortlessly 1 vs 1 immobile mushroom types of enemies ( Dank Spore // Swamp Spore //Giant dank spore) .. Once their mobile friends have been drawn away and disposed of ..  The 'shrooms can dominate the paladin for a second or two and then he shakes it off and keeps pumping them full of arrows 1 at a time ...Confusion is not that dangerous in this 1 vs 1 situation - dank spores have pathetic DPS .

* * P R I E S T * *

[Priest + Inspiring Radiance + Spells that provide accuracy]  One of the few ways to stack accuracy for the entire group.

[Priest + Painful Interdiction + Barbarians with Threatening presence/Brute force + (Fortitude spells)] One per encounter (painful interdiction) and the barbarians in your group can hit much better along with fort effects.

[Priest + Withdraw + Tank + Chokepoint or AoE Gather]  Use withdraw on a tank that is holding a choke point, or similarly gathered up for AoE.

* * R A N G E R * *

[Ranger Swift Aim + Wounding Shot + Melee + (Stalker's Link)]  They all work for melee.  Wounding shot seems odd, but hobble effect is stronger than prone for -reflex which can help your casters or similar.

[Ranger Vicious Aim + Quickswitch + Guns + Swift Aim + (Stalker's Link) +(Swift/Steady) + (Island Aumua) + (Arms Bearer)]  One of the few ways the ranger keeps up competitively for accuracy and thus dps.  Uses the burst damage of the guns, and then swaps to Swift aim during reload of the last gun to provide consistent dps.  Arbalest > Arquebus and Blunderbuss > Pistol is roughly the same dps, though the first has less issues with DR and can possibly prone an enemy first.

[Ranger + Engage item + Hold the line + Pet] Can have as many 5 engagement slots total, just as good as a Fighter.   Though the pet will die if its holding all the agro.

[Ranger + Guns + Swift Aim + (Swift/steady) + (Surehand Ila from Chanter) + (Gunner)] Best in house dps with the big hitters like Arquebus and reload time.  Lacking +dmg modifiers, they rely on the heavier base weapons.

[Ranger + Lion]  Bear is arguably one of the best of the worst pets, but Lion has a per encounter fear, along with faster movement that can come in handy for pulling or debufing.

[Ranger + Backrow pet in formation+ level 5+]  Your pets tend to die, or get in the way of real melee.  Sometimes, its easiest to manage by keeping them out of the action or when others have firmly engaged.  OR keep them in the last row for formation so they have to "catch up" when a fight starts to easily manage them.

[Ranger + interrupting blows + pet]  = pet also gets the increased interrupt ability with their attacks

[Ranger + Stunning Arrows + Driving Flight + Pet] Secondary target will also be stunned.

[Ranger + blunderbuss + driving flight + ITS A TRAP]  2 bullets instead of 6.  BUGGED

[Ranger + Accurate Wounding Shot + Its a TRAP!]  Only effects the fortitude accuracy, not the initial strike.

* * R O G U E * *

[Rogue + Faster attacks] As damage modifiers can get pretty high on this class, faster = better.  While most of the others prefer slower weapons for the better base damage.

[Rogue + Deep wounds + Dump INT]  Unless the rogue is micro'd fully and even then its dubious on effectiveness, the DoT from the same source does NOT stack.  Hence, deep wounds will auto refresh on the same target, and there's really no need to up its duration as the rogue will most likely hit again before its up.

* * W I Z A R D * *

[Wizard spell lvl 3 Combusting wounds + Any Damage over time effect]  Each tick of the DoT will make Combust go off for more damage.

[Wizard (druid) + Self buffs/weapons + No recovery time]  Self buffs have no recovery time and cast in less than a second.  Buffing is pretty quick.  Druid technically has spiritshift like this as well along with Firebrand.

[Wizard spell lvl 3 Alacrity + Summoned weapon]  Comboing with the above, the weapons also swing faster as of 1.05 and with Alacrity wizards become even better beatsticks.

[Wizard spell lvl 3 Alacrity + spells]  Alacrity effects recovery for everything.. spells and weapons.

[Wizard spell lvl 4  Essential Phantom + spellbind items + (Armor)] has your "worn spellbind" items with full charges on cast.  For example, using a minor gloves of light endurance, even if the player had 0 charges, the phantom gets 3.  Note:  weapons/shield slot not included.  Note:  Armor is mentioned since it has the same DR when cast, which is why spellblades are so good in plate armor.

[Wizard spell lvl 3 Minor Blights + Blast + (Penetrating Blast)+ (Dangerous Implements)]  The wand created by the spell does aoe damage,  and then blast does it again.  Becomes a crazy nuker this way and raw damage to self is neglible.  Also see Alacrity for faster attacks.

[Wizard spell lvl 1 Parasitic Staff + Summon ]  Easy way to keep your wizard up by beat sticking your summons.  Not tested, but should work with melee summons + fire shield.  Optionally, Tidefall takes the place of this combo later.

[Wizard + Deflection spells + Cautious attack talent + ITS A TRAP]  Highest wins, don't take this modal.

----------------

Some things weren't included like Rogue sneak attack as the in game description is accurate enough.  This thread purpose was more to gather information that's a little off the beaten path, or frequent asked questions I've seen.

Thanks for reading, and please comment/add to the thread below!

Edited by Tigranes
Updated on moxy's behalf
  • Like 5

Good call making a new thread. I'm annoyed with the nonsensical edit restriction. There are so many threads I might find interesting that I avoid because I know 50% the info is in the OP and the other 50% is littered across ten pages of replies and that info cannot be edited into the first post.

Anyway, could you give formatting a go? It's on a phonebook level right now. Perhaps giving classes a color would be a start.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Since this is a new/updated version, I went ahead and closed the first incarnation of this thread. :)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Good call making a new thread. I'm annoyed with the nonsensical edit restriction. There are so many threads I might find interesting that I avoid because I know 50% the info is in the OP and the other 50% is littered across ten pages of replies and that info cannot be edited into the first post.

Anyway, could you give formatting a go? It's on a phonebook level right now. Perhaps giving classes a color would be a start.

I would like some hints on how to make a black background along with a white background for color formats look good.  As I like to read threads on my phone as well as laptop, its hard to find some good colors that fit for both.

That said, I re-formatted the class stuff and hope it works for that portion and welcome any other formatting hints.

• Like 1

[Ranger + interrupting blows + pet]  = pet also gets the increased interrupt ability with their attacks

[Fighter + high might + constant recovery] = larger passive endurance regen

[Fighter + high might + wary defender + (two handed OR dual wield) + weapon spec & mastery] = frontline melee that tanks "good enough for long enough" while outputting accurate, consistent damage in a durable package that does not need babysitting.

• Like 1

Paladin + Ranged Arbalest/Crossbow + Righteous Soul (lvl 9) will effortlessly 1 vs 1 immobile mushroom types of enemies ( Dank Spore // Swamp Spore //Giant dank spore) .. Once their mobile friends have been drawn away and disposed of ..  The 'shrooms can dominate the paladin for a second or two and then he shakes it off and keeps pumping them full of arrows 1 at a time ...Confusion is not that dangerous in this 1 vs 1 situation - dank spores have pathetic DPS .

I recommend Aerin's Wrecker as (with a bit of luck) it can keep the target  1 vs 1 target mostly "stunned_v2" ..

Edited by peddroelm
  • Like 1

WPNTVf7.jpg

You should note that 10+ Might is basically obligatory for Moon Godlike who intend for their race to make up for dumping Con.

Paladin + Ranged Arbalest/Crossbow + Righteous Soul (lvl 9) will effortlessly 1 vs 1 immobile mushroom types of enemies ( Dank Spore // Swamp Spore //Giant dank spore) .. Once their mobile friends have been drawn away and disposed of ..  The 'shrooms can dominate the paladin for a second or two and then he shakes it off and keeps pumping them full of arrows 1 at a time ...Confusion is not that dangerous in this 1 vs 1 situation - dank spores have pathetic DPS .

I recommend Aerin's Wrecker as (with a bit of luck) it can keep the target  1 vs 1 target mostly "stunned_v2" ..

Reflects my own experience. Hell, even before Righteous Soul.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Not sure I see why Xbows or Arbalests matter here, beyond the Pally's own weapon focus or whatever special ability the ranged weapon in question might possess.

Not sure I see why Xbows or Arbalests matter here, beyond the Pally's own weapon focus or whatever special ability the ranged weapon in question might possess.

Range (and high damage per hit for flames of devotion) - when dominated / confused he might walk towards the mushroom pack and then be in range for more confusion/domination attacks (assuming you've managed to pull/clean the mobile opponents first) or traps .. Best case scenario - lose more health than necessary ..  

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

Range (and high damage per hit for flames of devotion) - when dominated / confused he might walk towards the mushroom pack and then be in range for more confusion/domination attacks (assuming you've managed to pull/clean the mobile opponents first) or traps .. Best case scenario - lose more health than necessary ..  

Hunting bows and warbows have that same range.

Just a heads up folks, this thread has lost its edit option as of 5/14/2015, and by mod request it will be updated via PM to them.

Please continue to add here, and I will copy/paste/PM them with the original post format, just it may take a little time to add new items due to turn around and (middle?) management.  :w00t:

Thanks for posting, and keep them coming!

Edited by MoxyWoo

EDIT2 Apparently for some buggy reason I couldn't combo shadowing beyond(backstab) with any ability (finishing blow/crippling strike/blinding strike).. (backstab bonus won't apply) I need to run more tests but it just doesn't seem to work.. I will make a bug report on this ..

Original comment

combo per rest rogue abilities (finishing blow + shadowing beyond(backstab)) to chunk bosses from ~ 50% endurance left while dualwielding sabres ..

backstab can be combo-ed with sneak, deathblows , shadowing beyond & finishing blow ( + 100% + 50% + 120% + 50% ) additive damage * finishing blow multiplicative component * lash damage ( on weapon enchantment + chanter buff ) to chunk super boss units (like the 2 dragons) when they're bellow ~60% endurance (dual wield) (assuming you can land the money shots ..) Truly obscene - overkill damage numbers - twice per rest cycle vs injured opponents ..

the additive bonus list will also usually have + ~40% might mod+ 45% superb weapon +20% reckless attack and even +50% on crit mod + 50% from annihilation mod + 25% merciless hand talent + 10% rabit fur crit mod if it crits..

Numeric example (target above 50% endurance at combo activation, assuming both swings land and crit.. Apply blinding strike before shadowing to lower deflection. Buff own accuracy before that ..)

~16 * (1 + 0.4 + 0.45 + 0.2 +  1 + 0.5 + 1.2 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.25 + 0.1 ) * 1 * 1.5 = 158.4 (before DR. first swing to bring target down into less than 50% endurance range  )
~16 * (1 + 0.4 + 0.45 + 0.2 + 0.5 + 1.2 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.25 + 0.1 ) * 1 * 1.6 * 1.5 = 215.04 (before DR. second swing to chunk target)

Damage numbers go up significantly the more injured target is before activating (but more of it will be wasted on an already dead target) .. (the scaling component of finishing blow).. Used 16 as average base damage for sabres.

Could add another 0.25 additive from weapon of slaying enchant vs the proper enemy type and another and 0.2 for savage attack (risky since it lowers accuracy ) and 0.25 for vs target specific talent (might've run out of talents by this point)

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

turning wheel, lightning strikes & Chanter's Fire lash chant (lash  attacks) apply to flagellant's path attacks (equipped weapon stats don't - maybe battle axe's crit bonus does - to be tested).. Enervating blows weakness triggers on flagellant's path crits .. 

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT2 Apparently for some buggy reason I couldn't combo shadowing beyond(backstab) with any ability (finishing blow/crippling strike/blinding strike).. (backstab bonus won't apply) I need to run more tests but it just doesn't seem to work.. I will make a bug report on this ..

Original comment

combo per rest rogue abilities (finishing blow + shadowing beyond(backstab)) to chunk bosses from ~ 50% endurance left while dualwielding sabres ..

backstab can be combo-ed with sneak, deathblows , shadowing beyond & finishing blow ( + 100% + 50% + 120% + 50% ) additive damage * finishing blow multiplicative component * lash damage ( on weapon enchantment + chanter buff ) to chunk super boss units (like the 2 dragons) when they're bellow ~60% endurance (dual wield) (assuming you can land the money shots ..) Truly obscene - overkill damage numbers - twice per rest cycle vs injured opponents ..

the additive bonus list will also usually have + ~40% might mod+ 45% superb weapon +20% reckless attack and even +50% on crit mod + 50% from annihilation mod + 25% merciless hand talent + 10% rabit fur crit mod if it crits..

Numeric example (target above 50% endurance at combo activation, assuming both swings land and crit.. Apply blinding strike before shadowing to lower deflection. Buff own accuracy before that ..)

~16 * (1 + 0.4 + 0.45 + 0.2 +  1 + 0.5 + 1.2 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.25 + 0.1 ) * 1 * 1.5 = 158.4 (before DR. first swing to bring target down into less than 50% endurance range  )

~16 * (1 + 0.4 + 0.45 + 0.2 + 0.5 + 1.2 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.25 + 0.1 ) * 1 * 1.6 * 1.5 = 215.04 (before DR. second swing to chunk target)

Damage numbers go up significantly the more injured target is before activating (but more of it will be wasted on an already dead target) .. (the scaling component of finishing blow).. Used 16 as average base damage for sabres.

Could add another 0.25 additive from weapon of slaying enchant vs the proper enemy type and another and 0.2 for savage attack (risky since it lowers accuracy ) and 0.25 for vs target specific talent (might've run out of talents by this point)

This is good stuff, Pedro.  In my last party (completed last night), my custom rogue nuked one of Thaos' statues for 150 damage, using a combo of an arcane accuracy potion, a crit, sneak attack, dirty fighting, finishing blow, and death blow, plus the gloves that add more to finishing blow damage, IIRC.  (And who knows what else.)  I was rather stunned to see that stature pretty much get vaporized.

Thinking about the final sentence, I'm thinking that having a specific beast slaying weapon for the rogue may be a good thing, since that +25% damage is nothing to sneeze at when you're piling up those multipliers.  I say beast slaying because the largest enemies outside of Thaos' statues are dragons and drakes, and it helps to wring every little bit of advantage you can get when dealing with them.  I probably wouldn't go as far as spending a Talent point on beast slaying, since it's a little too narrowly focused for such a limited resource as Talents.  But investing in the beast slaying enchantment on a weapon is probably worthwhile, if your favorite weapon has room for the 2 enchantment points.  Or even a strong back up weapon, if you want to keep one hanging around specifically for beast slaying.

Just a thought...

* * B A R B A R I A N * *

[barbarian + Fire Godlike + Carnage]  Burning up for aoe melee attacks.

Try this one.

Wizard Combusting Wounds spell + Barbarian + Carnage:  Maybe even add in a Fire Godlike for good measure.  And I'm thinking you've got lots of flaming goodness!  :fdevil:

You might also get a similar, though probably less potent effect from Combusting wounds and either a Wizard's Implement Blast or a Ranger's Driving Shot, both of which can hit extra targets in a single attack.

[Cipher + Fractured Volition + Rogue + Deathblows] Fractured Volition inflicts two debuffs that enable sneak attack with one power for a good duration, making it a fast route to Deathblow heaven.

Potentially even better is [Druid + Spreading Plague + Rogue + Deathblows], as it inflicts the same debuffs as Fractured Volition for a longer duration and can jump to multiple enemies.

The Hobble + Weakened combination also inflicts massive move speed penalties, which is handy.

Edited by Kaigen42

* * C I P H E R * *

[Cipher Focus gains + (Fire Godlike) + Retaliate ] Burning/Retaliate up for your focus below 50%

I thought I read somewhere that battle forged does not generate focus? 

6ej155.jpg

[Dexterity + Animation times]  Dex effects the actual attack animation AND recovery time.  Where as attack speed is only on the recovery time.  Reload (guns + crossbows) is never effected by either, except by Gunner, Surehand illa chant, and swift aim (ranger).

Change your Dexterity to 1000 in the console and you'll see that reload time scales with Dex.

Edited by Bubbles