[1.04] Enemy gunners can shoot trough walls

Zwiebelchen

Question

I noticed today while killing the guards in house domean (demian? daruman?) in Defiance Bay, that enemies can shoot through walls.

Aloth only had 6 health left in my game, so I parked him two rooms away, out of sight of the next battle (also, two full corners inbetween him and enemies). The AI of the guards seems to priority-target squishies (good thing imho), so the one with the Arbequs tried shooting Aloth, regardless of line-of-sight and with him not even participating in the fight from start to finish.

How to replicate:

Have an AI-priority target in your group (weak armor, low health) and place it outside visibility range; then engage combat against the gun-armed guards in house domean.

Screenshots will be edited in later.

Edited by Zwiebelchen

8 answers to this question

Yeah, this is pretty annoying.  I used to just chalk it up as enemies shooting at uncanny angles (because it usually seemed to happen through doorways), but just now one of my party members was hit by Crippling Strike through a cave wall; the enemy was a room over and at an angle that would be completely impossible to shoot through a doorway (since my group was very far south of it).

My ranged characters want railguns too! :)

Edited by Sanctuary

Zwiebelchen, do you have a saved game with which the issue could be easily reproduced?

I'd be happy to write up repro steps if you could provide it.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus