Did anyone else have as much trouble with the Kestorik fight as I am having?

I have reloaded this battle probably 30+ times now. Each time is the same.

I open with spells on him, lure him into traps, and then proceed to get dominated, aoe damaged, dominated, aoe damaged. My healer can't keep up with the damage, and I die. Any ideas?

Thanks!

It's that vithrack in Od Nua. Honestly I never fought him. I always took Tcharek's quest, talked my way through Kestorik, grabbed the tools and when I got back and Kestorik wanted to take the quest items from me I was like... "Whoooops... I almost dropped it (DEX check)" and he was like... "Fine... go ahead, you can bring the tools to Tcharek yourself".

Edit: I just recalled actually fighting them all after doing the quest just to see what items they drop (and reloading afterwards) and can't recall having any issues.

Edited by dukefx

Thanks for the responses! The problem is that I am returning with everything I need for the Master's Tools quests, and I don't have the option of talking my way through the fight, because my stats aren't high enough in the required areas to afford dialogue options, and my remaining dialogue choice all end up with a fight (that I don't know how to win.)

My party composition= Eder, Aloth, Durance, the Chanter guy (forgot his name) + my barbarian and my rogue.

Did anyone else have as much trouble with the Kestorik fight as I am having?

I have reloaded this battle probably 30+ times now. Each time is the same.

I open with spells on him, lure him into traps, and then proceed to get dominated, aoe damaged, dominated, aoe damaged. My healer can't keep up with the damage, and I die. Any ideas?

Thanks!

You can actually dominate the Vithrack if your cipher is high enough.  Make them a tank against their own spider pets and then laugh.