Grand Theft Auto V - PC Thread

that was my plan, it just takes time

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I never see sorophx or Bokishi online. It might have something to do with not being friends..

I once got a message from someone but I failed to find out how to read it.

I think I suck at online, but I would love to race people.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I never see you online, the game says you don' play enough to show your stats or something

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I think I've finished the online tutorial now. I tried playing online for a few minutes. I drove around aimlessly and was killed by cheating twelve-year olds.

Online is exactly as sh!tty as I remember.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

if you join an invite only session or something, Online turns into singleplayer with coop, which is how I play it :)

Walsingham said:

Is this game actually worth a crap beyond visuals? I've never finished GTA IV due to it's insistence on being a bad driving simulator above all things. What a miserable experience that game was/is. I've replayed it some this past week and it's a downright horrible experience. I'm not sure I'll ever bother trying to finish it again, and with that in mind, I doubt I'll even bother getting GTA V. It can't be that much different than the garbage that is GTA IV.

Yeah I second that - it's actually really fun, the split narrative helps a lot and means you can focus on the guy you like the most. Plus the whole Heist mechanic is awesome. A much much better game than IV.

Also down to play some crazy coop.

Fortune favors the bald.

Game mechanics are different? As well as no bloated traveling to initiate a quest, then travel back across a bridge to begin the quest, where you end up doing a pitiful chase sequence? And if the target "gets away" do you have to cover the same distance all over again? That's my main gripe with GTA IV. Sure, the characters are boring, driving physics blow, missions are weak, but the travel time filler gameplay completely kills it. Red Dead and LA Noire both had better ways to save and repeat a mission, plus travel wasn't as much of a drag as driving is handled much better in LA Noire, and Red Dead's horse strapped wagons have better traction, control and literal horse power than GTA's cars. 

missions now have checkpoints, so if you fail you continue from your last checkpoint. 

most side-missions are designed very poorly, but there are a few gems that deviate from the scenario you describe. and heists are a lot of fun

Walsingham said:

I am picking up my copy of GTAV today or tomorrow, its a public holiday today in South Africa so I may be going to a food festival, but either way I should be playing the game in the next 30 hours  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

missions now have checkpoints, so if you fail you continue from your last checkpoint. 

most side-missions are designed very poorly, but there are a few gems that deviate from the scenario you describe. and heists are a lot of fun

Yes, checkpoints. That alone is a major improvement. Red Dead has them, pretty sure LA Noire does as well. While it doesn't fix poor game mechanics, it does make dealing with them more tolerable. I'll probably just pick up GTA V when it gets dirt cheap. No rush to play another open world game.

I am, just say when exactly

Walsingham said:

that's in 11 hours? yeah, perfect

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

Yaaaaaaaaay, I finally have my hardcopy of GTAV  :dancing:

Okay I'll be installing it today and then I want to spend some serious time on the single player component of the game before I start on the online. So I'll keep you guys updated 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'll try to be there too, but can't promise yet. Having visitors today and don't know for sure when they'll leave.

So if they're already gone till CEST 7pm, I will be with you.

I'll try to be there too, but can't promise yet. Having visitors today and don't know for sure when they'll leave.

So if they're already gone till CEST 7pm, I will be with you.

Tell them to leave early because you are suffering from an obscure and reoccurring  STD ??

That always works when you want people to leave quickly  :p

John Milton 

you're not implying they are planning on having an orgy, are you Brucie?

• Like 1
Walsingham said: