1. Wouldn't Fire God-Like be better choice? The Way burn damage scale with all barb abilities, you basicly have one more retaliate 53 burn damage to all enemies around. I know moon-like has healing but it is the qustion between: kill faster than die or heal faster than die. Opinion?

a.The healing from moon godlike, saved me alot of times in this. VS bosses especially. Also in 1v1 vs tough mobs healing is more beneficial then 2DR+fire retaliate. Also i was rarely under 50% endurance vs regular mob packs.

2. Did you use Draining Weapon or tried Dual Draining Weapon? (do they stack or work independly?)

a. I used Mosquito(draining weapon) and Sword of Dyenasis rapiers for early game. Both buyable at the start of A2 (The first is in the Inn at Ondra's Gift, second floor, the second is in Dyrford, at the blacksmith), so you can have them easily and without fail (No RNG) once you passed Caer Nua.

3. What other items do you recommend and gear?

a. Crit reduction belt. Full plate armor. ring of protection. Anything you can find with con.

4. Did you use summons? Hell ye :)

5. How did you manage to deal with Chain stuns/paralyze/disables for example?

a. Your retaliate deals with them and thats also where healing from moon godlike comes very handy.

6. How was dragon solo fight.

a. Didn't fight adra dragon on lvl 15. It is imho impossible for a barb to kill him.

7. What weapons you were using and recommend most?

a. Rapiers, maces throughout the whole game. On end game boss, Aimoranet mace and Edge of Reason axe.

1. I assumed that you were not under 50% Endurance a lot. That is why I asked about Fire God-Like since it seems like he would be more so extra 53 burn damage around plus retalition would kill 2x faster than your retaliation build. This could synergize with lack of self-heal since you basicly deal 2x more retaliation damage. Also Fire-God Like is 4 DR under  50%, not 2 :). With full plate it gives you 20 DR under 50%. That could be enough to survive enough to anihilate mobs around.

Also you could use one Second Chance item just in case so you get back up and retaliate + burn again to finish pack of mobs. But that is just theory.

2. Why maces are rapiers only? Battles axes, silettos and sabers are also very good weapons. Or it was just a matter of right enchants?

3. Wouldn't items that boost healing work also very good for Moon God-Like and Barb self-heal? Two items of 1.1 healing is 20% more healing, which can be significant.

6. So you didn't solo all bosses? Did you solo sky dragon? And why do you think you can't solo Adra if you manged to kill Thaos? Also- did you finish all levels of Endless Path with this build?

And wy dual wield over 2H weapon when you dont use shield? There is a lot great 2H weapons and there are Estocs also :) which are big rapiers on steroids.

ALSO PLEASE POST YOUR STATS :D And talents you were getting on what level/order.

Thanks for all tips and answers! Gonna experiment with Fire God-Like and see how far it can get. I can always try to spam potions ;).

Edited by Voltron

Build for POTD Solo.

Moon Godlike Barb.

At level 5 you need to take One Stand Alone for +20dmg to your attacks+retaliate.

The earliest and safest retaliate item you can get, is a small shield in Clîaban Rilag.

That passive and shield is pretty much bread and butter of this whole build.

With the shield, you're able to get Sanguine Armor and start using either dual-wield or Shield and Weapon for deflection.

Id suggest to invest in One Handed style for late game bosses.

Also get wild sprint later aswell.

I finished my playthrough yesterday and the build works.

All credits got to Keyen for the build idea and you can check his vids on youtube if you need help with difficult parts of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTG1k3ioUqYJb3a_wqART2g

RbQNEUn.jpg

Congrats, give me some tips please:

1. Wouldn't Fire God-Like be better choice? The Way burn damage scale with all barb abilities, you basicly have one more retaliate 53 burn damage to all enemies around. I know moon-like has healing but it is the qustion between: kill faster than die or heal faster than die. Opinion?

2. Did you use Draining Weapon or tried Dual Draining Weapon? (do they stack or work independly?)

4. Did you use summons?

6. How was dragon solo fight

7. What weapons you were using and reccommend most?

I am prepering myself for another PotD solo with Bard and can't decide between Moon-God-Like and Fire-God-Like. I love the idea of even faster AOE killing with Burn damage with Retalition :D. However I don't know how MUST is healing later in game or in 12-15 Endless Paths.

So, any help from you is greatly appreciated! :)

Congrats once more :D

I think that basically once you have OSA, just plain retaliate is more than sufficient to decimate anything in melee, and so the three free self heals

at that point leave less to RNGesus/Luck. Granted, hitting 50% and everything spontaneously combusting does make the fights shorter, which does have defensive value in and of itself (especially on your health pool). 

The Moon variant uses a weapon that heals you when you do melee damage (which retaliate counts as) so it's more defensive but still very devastating. 

Edited by Infares

Build for POTD Solo.

Moon Godlike Barb.

At level 5 you need to take One Stand Alone for +20dmg to your attacks+retaliate.

The earliest and safest retaliate item you can get, is a small shield in Clîaban Rilag.

With the shield, you're able to get Sanguine Armor and start using either dual-wield or Shield and Weapon for deflection.

All credits got to Keyen for the build idea and you can check his vids on youtube if you need help with difficult parts of the game.

RbQNEUn.jpg

4. Did you use summons?

I am prepering myself for another PotD solo with Bard and can't decide between Moon-God-Like and Fire-God-Like. I love the idea of even faster AOE killing with Burn damage with Retalition :D. However I don't know how MUST is healing later in game or in 12-15 Endless Paths.

I think that basically once you have OSA, just plain retaliate is more than sufficient to decimate anything in melee, and so the three free self heals

at that point leave less to RNGesus/Luck. Granted, hitting 50% and everything spontaneously combusting does make the fights shorter, which does have defensive value in and of itself (especially on your health pool). 

The Moon variant uses a weapon that heals you when you do melee damage (which retaliate counts as) so it's more defensive but still very devastating. 

If Draining weapon enchant counts with retaliate- does it also work with Battleforged? Imagin how much HP you can get back with that retaliation plus burn damage :D.

Build for POTD Solo.

Moon Godlike Barb.

RbQNEUn.jpg

4. Did you use summons?

If Draining weapon enchant counts with retaliate- does it also work with Battleforged? Imagin how much HP you can get back with that retaliation plus burn damage :D.

The thing is, every time it'd heal you back you'd lose Battleforged. Your health would yoyo and you'd only proc the fire damage when you're getting hit hard enough or frequently enough for the buffed health you're getting back from the draining retaliation to not be good enough to prevent your health from dipping that low.

Basically, if you're Fire Godlike, you eschew the Draining Weapon altogether IMO. Which is fine, just use the Jolting Touch Stiletto instead. :D

Build for POTD Solo.

Moon Godlike Barb.

RbQNEUn.jpg

4. Did you use summons?

The thing is, every time it'd heal you back you'd lose Battleforged. Your health would yoyo and you'd only proc the fire damage when you're getting hit hard enough or frequently enough for the buffed health you're getting back from the draining retaliation to not be good enough to prevent your health from dipping that low.

Basically, if you're Fire Godlike, you eschew the Draining Weapon altogether IMO. Which is fine, just use the Jolting Touch Stiletto instead. :D

Well but you do not have to run Drainin weapons all the time. Thing is- you watch you Endurance. Once it is below 50% you are ready to switch weapons. So you use Jolting Touch Stiletto with retaliation shield plus Sanguine Armor, and if you Endurance fall below 80% or so you switch to dual Draining weapons (or draining/shield) and let burn plus retaliation heal you on packs of mobs.

Hmmm...gonna try Fire God-Like :) Will see if he can manage to solo PotD and if he is really walking nuke :D

Well but you do not have to run Drainin weapons all the time. Thing is- you watch you Endurance. Once it is below 50% you are ready to switch weapons. So you use Jolting Touch Stiletto with retaliation shield plus Sanguine Armor, and if you Endurance fall below 80% or so you switch to dual Draining weapons (or draining/shield) and let burn plus retaliation heal you on packs of mobs.

Hmmm...gonna try Fire God-Like :) Will see if he can manage to solo PotD and if he is really walking nuke :D

Battleforged procs at <50% endurance and goes away at >50% endurance. You would switch to the draining weapons at like 20% and switch back out at like 45% and yoyo it.

That's require another talent (Quick Switch) which would compromise the build in other areas.

I started my solo PotD run with Fire-God Like Barb so I will test those things, like weapon swap etc.

Yeah, someone already got TCS with one, I'd say now's the time to exploit this before OSA or Carnage gets fixed.

Also, Human is really good with this build idea too, because the proc has a duration and doesn't instantly expire when healed back over 50%. 

Edited by Infares

I started my solo PotD run with Fire-God Like Barb so I will test those things, like weapon swap etc.

Yeah, someone already got TCS with one, I'd say now's the time to exploit this before OSA or Carnage gets fixed.

Also, Human is really good with this build idea too, because the proc has a duration and doesn't instantly expire when healed back over 50%. 

But that TCS was with Moon God-Like I think. I wanna test if 2x faster AOE killing can compensate for lack of healing. Although barb self heal is also insane and fights with Fire-God Like can end fast enough so your self heal is still on.

So far I can see that Moon-God Like is much better in early game, before you can get retaliate shield or armor. Fire-God-Like strugle early on. However, after first retaliation item and then good gear I can already see that it will equal and my theory is it will go on advantage for Fire in mid-end game, once you have decent shield, Sanguine, good rings and potions.

But I will just abuse Jolting Touch (scrolls and animants boots) in fights where I don't feel like they end up fast enough ;).

Thaos will be pain but I belive in my Jolting Touches :p

One stands alone: nice ability for this build, your barbarian will be tanking lots of enemies, and to be mentioned, this ability will boost your melee damage by 20% too, though it's not shown in description.

OSA is currently believed by many to bugged because it gives a +20 flat damage bonus instead of just another 1.2 additive multiplier.

So, it's not surprising that any barb build that includes OSA is broken.

Edited by Daemonjax

Uh. So far It goes quite well with Fire God Like. I had to play super safe up to 5 lvl (when you get OSA). After that and decent heal items (potions) and gear you can go and clear some packs of mobs. Getting below 50% of HP is pain without retalition. But with OSA it starts finally to do really nice damage! You need draining weapon 95% of time, no doubt. And Bumbing Condition as high as you can with enchants/food/items is essencial.

Defiance is insane. Once you are about 75% Endurance, you hit it and your Endurance jump mostly (depends from mob arounds) from 70% to 50/60, mobs drop you again below 50, defiance heal you back to 60. Enough to kill some packs.

Still Fire-God Like is not good for triple Crown. Moon God- Like is just too good early on before retaliation shield.

Once you get retaliation shield though enemies die mostly before you get to 50%, and if you go below 50% they just vaporize.

And one of most important thing is to craft as many (and buy) scrolls of Jolting Touch as you can. If you think that fight didn't go all way you wanted- just nuke them with this spell. You can OHK 7 ogre druids wtith it. Insane.

If you wanna go Triple Crown- I suggest Moon God Like.

However if you wanna go just solo PotD- Fire God Like is a lot more powerfull and fun and nuke things like an evil boss :D.

Can't wait for Sanguine Armor for 2x retalition plus Battleforged...insane...and lets add to it Animancer Boots (3x Jolting touch/rest)- SUPER MEGA INSANE!!

Tested stacking of retaliate items a bit with Hiro's Mantle (cape, neck), Sanguine Plate (plate armor), Sura's Supper Plate (small shield) and Vengiatta Rugia (padded armor). Not sure if there are more items with Retaliate enchant so tested only those. It seems like the stacking rules are similar to how deflection from weapon+shield (hatchet, shield) stacks with deflection from other equipment slots (bracers/ring of deflection). So the shield will stack with one of the other retaliate items, but multiple non-weapon/shield items will suppress each other. Seems like you have to go 1H+Shield if you want to get 2 retaliate effects simultaneously. 

Edited by temek

How do you get that cape? If it's the one you can buy through a stronghold pop-up, I think I bought it in my previous playthrough, but I couldn't find the actual item anywhere. Is it spawned in the treasury or something?

There's another retaliation plate you can get as loot from one of the 2nd round bounties. I don't remember the item's name.

That is intersting. So If I get Hiro's Cape and Shield I can pass on Sanguine Armor and equip even better plate for more defense... Hmmm! I like :D So Cape do not stack with amor, but does with shield. So does Cape stack with shield?

My Fire-God like is happy :)

That is intersting. So If I get Hiro's Cape and Shield I can pass on Sanguine Armor and equip even better plate for more defense... Hmmm! I like :D So Cape do not stack with amor, but does with shield. So does Cape stack with shield?

Why exploit bugs? It isnt fun way to play at all.

Why exploit bugs? It isnt fun way to play at all.

Well, it isn't fun for YOU, it is fun for me. I am power-builder and I ennjoy getting most OP builds in RPGs because that is fun for me.

So Far Fire-God/Moon-God like Barbarians are most fun for me in PoE :). I love those builds for solo. For party also :p

I bought it in stronghold aswell.

Yes, but that doesn't answer my question. Did you find it in your inventory after buying it? Because I didn't, or if I did, I missed it.

Unless the game specifically states somewhere that retaliation items aren't supposed to stack, I wouldn't necessarily call it a bug. There's an opportunity cost after all, such as not using a shield with better defence instead.

Edited by CriticalFailure

I have been looking for that cape for a while. I have been doing things specifically to try and get any retaliate item at all and have had no luck. Can't finish first round bounties to get to second round bounties because the last bounty is in an area I don't have unlocked yet some how. Can't get to twin elms for Pallengina's(sp) quest where you can get sanguine armor. Can't get to the area were you are supposed to be able to get the shield. Just no luck at all. Upgraded everything I possibly can in the strong hold and no merchant has any cape. I've rested and rested and checked and no cape.

I have been looking for that cape for a while. I have been doing things specifically to try and get any retaliate item at all and have had no luck. Can't finish first round bounties to get to second round bounties because the last bounty is in an area I don't have unlocked yet some how. Can't get to twin elms for Pallengina's(sp) quest where you can get sanguine armor. Can't get to the area were you are supposed to be able to get the shield. Just no luck at all. Upgraded everything I possibly can in the strong hold and no merchant has any cape. I've rested and rested and checked and no cape.

You get Sanguine Armor in defiance bay, not in Twin Elms, and it is NOT from Pallengina's quest....lol... You don't have to do Pallengina's quest for it. Just after meeting her in Defiance Bay and doing quest for this merchant guy (where you bring stuff to some guy) talk to her again after you deal with merchant (she is standing outside buidling) and she will tell that HER AMBASSODOR need help with some stuff. DON'T TAKE HER TO PARTY and just go to Republics Ambassy and talk to Ambassador and you have a quest when you have to go to one of Defiance Bay bridges (sorry for lack of names but I play on Polish version and I don't have time to look for english now) and you kill bunch of guys on it (cutscene will trigger so you will know when) and you loot their bodies and you have Sanguine Armor.

You can get Sanguine Armor really easy by using Jolting Touch scroll if you are barb and have OSA- you will probably one-shot whole group with it. Just use some summon to make them pack together close to each other.

And Hiro's Cape is just a matter of luck. Stupid becasue I have RNG :/

Cheers.

Edited by Voltron