About The Setting

A setting I think would have a lot of potential would be one set around Heaven/Hell, Angels vs. demons. The best part would be that the last time I checked, no-one owned the license to Heaven or Hell for that matter - so no fear of licensing fiasco's squashing the project halfway through development

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I wouldn't mind something with a more Arabian Nights feel to it myself. No Elves or dwarves, but maybe some ghuls or nasnas for that more supernatural element, some intrigue... something along those lines would be good, IMO.

Last good game I played in that kind of long-ago desert setting was Quest for Glory: Trial by Fire.

*reminisces*

Know what I've never seen for a game? Or, a good one, rather? A western RPG! Get the guns, do the sherriff thing, be a raider, bandit, outlaw, go to the "billyards" houses... ride your horse out of the town like a bat out of hell with the gold from the bank and start up your own hideout... B) Oh yeah.

yeah! That would be also a good set. Western! hehe... And yes maybe I would like to have a game to near future not some laser things and else but something nice. You got the feeling a bit of cyberpunk style and Blade runner. Something like that.

I want repeat myself so I stop here. :D

I'd like to see some non-traditional traditional fantasy. Cut out fantasy races like elves and dwarfs and such. An historical RPG set in a fantasy world, I guess.

yeah, because lionheart was really good.

I think anything besides fantasy (star wars is fantasy) would be good.

My top 3 settings would be:

1) Wild West. Not just cowboys and stuff in the late 19th century or whatever, anything to do with a lone man in a slightly lawless enviroment. Thing like Easy Rider or The Road Warrior could be classed as westerns.

2) Modern-day. So long as there isn't some big cheesy conspiracy it could be pretty good.

3) Hell. Could be a bit angsty and white-wolfesque (bad), or it could be something like grim fandango or planescape torment.

>*

I'd like to see some non-traditional traditional fantasy. Cut out fantasy races like elves and dwarfs and such. An historical RPG set in a fantasy world, I guess.

yeah, because lionheart was really good.

You don't seem to understand what I'm asking for. Besides, one bad game doesn't destroy an entire genre.

I'd be happy if the setting for a cRPG wasn't a rehash of the same-old. Something original, without all the inevitable comparisons between the "expected" universe and the one portrayed in the game, would go a long way to making a game a mainstay in my leisure time.

Having said that, I don't care for the Star Wars universe but I thought KotOR was a great game (PC version, of course). So perhaps the setting isn't really as important as interesting characters with an enjoyable and involving story.

Hmm, I don

"The purpose of abstracting is not to be vague,

but to create a new semantic level in which one

can be absolutely precise."

-Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

LARGEST SIG WINS !?

I'd be happy if the setting for a cRPG wasn't a rehash of the same-old. Something original, without all the inevitable comparisons between the "expected" universe and the one portrayed in the game, would go a long way to making a game a mainstay in my leisure time.

as mentioned before: outcast did a very good job concerning this. well, it was very good overall, but the setting surely was what made it really fascinating.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority