[bug] Zombie Chanter Summons

dkbrk

Question

I used the chanter spell "If their Bones Still Slept Under that Hill, None Can Say" in a number of battles. I found that the summoned skeletons persisted after battle and would follow the party through scene transitions. At this point, I was unsure whether this was intended behaviour; the skeletons could still be commanded as usual. After being knocked out several times, a skeleton could die and would no longer follow. Invoking the spell again would dispel the previous skeletons and the behaviour would repeat.

After a particular fast-travel, I believe it was from Gilded Vale to Caed Nua, the skeletons did not appear with my party. Instead, I found them standing around on the map, seemingly at random locations. They are friendly, but cannot be commanded. As far as I can tell, they follow my party everywhere, through every scene transition, spawning somewhere on every map.

I tried killing the skeletons, they can be attacked but do not retaliate. After being knocked out several times they would die, but apparently turn up again as I have always been followed by at least one skeleton. I once observed, after having killed one such skeleton, its bones lying on the ground in the next map I entered.

Sometimes the skeletons spawn in walls.

This occured a while back in my playthrough, however I am submitting three savegames:

•     Raedrics Keep, I believe before the skeletons became "zombies".
  •     Brighthollow, shortly after the zombification
  •     Odda's House, much later in the game. At this point I am haunted by just one skeleton, which is mostly transparent.

I had difficulty attaching files to this post, so I have placed them on Dropbox:

16 answers to this question

Output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7jlq7r5ffw71al/output_log.txt?dl=0

I didn't go back to an old save for the log, but the skeletons are still appearing, so I hope that's ok.

Also, I forgot to mention I had a problem  Raedric's Hold shortly before the "zombification"; I would kill Raedric but Kolsc wouldn't appear. After repeating the battle several times I managed to complete the quest. I'm not sure if this is relevant.

I've got the same bug.

At a given time (not sure when), skeletons of the kind summoned by "If their Bones Still Slept Under that Hill, None Can Say" started to appear in random positions in all maps, even unexplored ones. Also, summoned skeletons started to persist after combat.

This has proven to be a most entertaining bug, but it kills atmosphere to enter a supposedly barren land to find it overcrowded by skeletons, or enter a villager's home and find skeletons on its ceiling. :w00t:

Please find the diagnostic files for a game after the bug triggered here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ia8h0232ksft9vp/PoE_skele_bug.zip?dl=0

• Like 1

I've got the same bug.

At a given time (not sure when), skeletons of the kind summoned by "If their Bones Still Slept Under that Hill, None Can Say" started to appear in random positions in all maps, even unexplored ones. Also, summoned skeletons started to persist after combat.

This has proven to be a most entertaining bug, but it kills atmosphere to enter a supposedly barren land to find it overcrowded by skeletons, or enter a villager's home and find skeletons on its ceiling. :w00t:

Please find the diagnostic files for a game after the bug triggered here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ia8h0232ksft9vp/PoE_skele_bug.zip?dl=0

I've got this bug too.

Bump; I just started a thread, but I've got the same problem with an Animat that I summoned using the Bronze Horn.

It keeps me in combat if it's summoned somewhere on the map where there's enemies, and I can't progress until the bug is fixed.  D:

I'm having the same issue as well. Also, I noticed I can't discover hidden items(the purple icons) and cael nua is bugged, every time I go into my main hall a battle is there from when I was attack and also in my court yard. it all started when I summoned all my minions to fight them off in the main hall and after the fight non of the spawns went away. ever since then my game has been messed up. =/

haven't found this issue in the patch note so yes, I have the same issue

after using the spell I have a friendly skeletons everywhere. Sometimes they help to fight so in the beginning of combat enemies attack them first.

here is a screenshot:

I can provide additional data (saves or dumps) if needed.

P.S. Also in a Elmshore when you fight ogres deers also attack them. That's fun:)

I can also confirm the problem persists after patch 1.04.

If anything, I'm noticing even more skeletons, even though I ceased to use the related summoning invocation.

Not only this is an "immersion breaker", but there are several situations where it can lock you in unintended combat (risking strange behaviors of quest triggers), not to mention it makes some battles easier as it divides the enemy teams as they chase the skeletons all over the map.

I'm pretty sure it adversely affects loading times too (I got at least 3 minutes of load time on each map).