NFL 2015 Season

Gromnir

Anniliated? they lost by a single TD. L0L

That said, I'm rooting for Carolina and denver for SB. NE has too many lot, PIT is meh, and ARI while I like Palmer (and liked him well before all the bandwagoners jumped on his back); I just think ARI is overrated obverall.  They have a shot to win though.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Broncos have a bad case of, pardon my medical terminology, the dropsies. I want my local sports team to win but man does Peyton throw some ugly ducks. It's painful for a perfect spiral lover like me to watch.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

That said, I'm rooting for Carolina and denver for SB. NE has too many lot, PIT is meh, and ARI while I like Palmer (and liked him well before all the bandwagoners jumped on his back); I just think ARI is overrated obverall.  They have a shot to win though.

Yeah, I said that near the end of the half, where they were down 0-31, haha.

Yay, Broncos win! Though everything everything went wrong yesterday, everything went right today. Unfortunately, I don't think either the Steelers or the Broncos are capable of beating the Patriots, so it's irrelevant...best of luck to them, regardless, though.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yeah, as long as Broncos make it, I don't much care what happens anymore, as I'm alright with anyone but the Patriots winning, :p. But yeah, more likely, it's gonna be the Patriots...so go NFC!

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I'd like to see the Broncos and the Cardinals in the SB but I think it's more likely to be the Pats and the other guys

Too bad the Hawks didn't have it this year, but I'm looking forward to the Cards vs. Panthers game. It should be fun.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Weird playoffs: all 4 wild cards win for the first time in NFL history in the wild card round, all 4 lose in the divisional round.

In fairness, Seattle scored all their points during garbage time.  The game was effectively over at the half, the Panthers just took their foot off the gas pedal a little too much and it wound up being closer than it needed to be.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Garbage time? They had an entire half to make a come back, and nearly did.  Not like big leads haven't been overcome before.They were one successful onside kicking from having a shot of tying it. That said, the dismantling by Carolina of Seattle in the first half was beautiful.   Maybe the doubters will shut up... nah, they won't.

Edited by Volourn

well, am moderate surprised. is not like we thought that this ne team were world beaters, but after the last couple games by ne and denver, we didn't expect a broncos win.  congrats.

that being said, am thinking whoever wins nfc is gonna be a major favorite.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

LMAO All the Manning haters who keep crying that he is 'finished' really need to shut up. the guy is in the SB. And, yeah, his D is pretty good but he did more than his fair share... and, it was the defense that nearly blew it. Also, the  fcous on the run should stop. The running game sucks. L0L

btw, The playoff choker is now in his 4th SB and now has a 3-2 playoff record against his 'better' who is now a meaisly 2-5 versus Mannings.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

P.S. I bet the NFL is happy that the target of their wrath didn't make the SB. :)

Panthers have been a first half team in a lot of games. We'll see how the rest of the game goes.

But yeah, now that the Broncos have won, I can rest easy about the Super Bowl, as I don't mind who wins.

Yeah, I worried that after saying that, the universe would prove me wrong. It really did. Sorry Cardinals, :(

(edit): Dangit, Cardinals, the Packers didn't die for this!

Edited by Bartimaeus

Yeah, but if the Broncos win, it'll be hilarious. Peyton being not much more than a game manager (if even that) at the very end of his career, while a near historically good defense shreds. I can't imagine the Broncos would've been anything less than undefeated this year if they had Peyton from 2013.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Peyton is mroe than a game manager. If anything, I still believe it is the coach who is holding him back with his asanine scheme that relies on mostly subpar running game. Thi was true in the 2nd half when the Broncs were WAY too conservative.

Also, let's be honest, no way do the Broncs beat NE today with that overrated backup they have that got hyped and then choked the moment he felt the prescense of a reasonably healthy Manning. L0L

This is Peyton Manning, the football genius...supposedly the smartest quarterback in all of NFL history...who was unable to play competently for the majority of the season. He lead the league in interceptions throughout the regular season, while missing like a...uh...I want to say third of the regular season (I think it was about a total of 6 games, plus two half games?). I understand that the scheme may not have been a perfect fit for him, but...that's playing pretty badly. I also watched way too many passes early in the season by him that should've been interceptions, and some of those games they just barely won because of the defense. The only game where he looked like his old self was against the Packers (my team, of course...), and then it was all downhill again. To me and most everyone else, he has been playing really quite poorly this season. Not that his receivers dropping his actually good passes like crazy has helped him any...nevertheless, though.

• Like 1

speaking as a former d1 db, more than a few denver receiver drops this year were attributable to peyton's weak passes and the changes in qbs.  the qb changes likely need no explanation as qb and wr timing is a well known aspect o' the football passing game, yes? however, while less publicized, the wobbly and slow motion manning passes not only made interceptions more likely, but such passes made receivers far more likely to be on the receiving end of filling rattling hits.  catching a football is more 'bout concentration than anything else.  is so much more difficult for a receiver to catch passes from weak qbs 'cause the receivers is fully aware that the fraction o' a second difference between strong and weak passes is all a decent safety needs to posterize a guy.  as a receiver, how could you not have head on a swivel?

example o' what it musta been like to be on receiving end of manning passes most o' the year.

this year, any receiver for denver deserved a hazard pay bonus.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

As compelling as I find the story of the aging gunslinger QB with the strong mind and sore arm trying to reclaim the glories of the past, Denver is walking into a buzz saw with Carolina. Yes they are beatable. Atlanta did it. But it bears remembering that Ted Ginn, Jonathan Stewart and Fozzy Whitaker were all injured for that game. They are healthy now. Carolina's passing game is set up buy the rush, they average 142 yds per game on the ground (2nd in the NFL) and 224 in the air (24th in the NFL). Shut down the run, double man the wide receivers and keep pressure on Newton and Denver has a chance. Denver has scored more than 20 points only six times in 18 games now. Even if the D succeeds in stifling Carolina's offense, 20 might not get the job done.

I think Carolina wins, and wins big.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell