Journalism and bias in the gaming industry.

Rosbjerg

I think that wasn't hypocrisy so much as a lack of reading comprehension because I'm pretty sure you weren't referring to his joke with your "spitting on consumers who've funded his company" but by his tendency to not deliver any finished kickstarter products at all.

• Like 1

I know that anti gamergate mainly consists of morons, one just has to read their pathetic ramblings but now sitmple addition is beyond them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEDCcdjgMNs

No wonder this gentleman cannot complete his games, feels comfortable spitting on the consumers who've funded his company and has single handedly helped tarnish Kickstarter for those companies whom are honestly trying to make games for a living. 1+1+40 does not equal 50.

Well technically he isn't spitting on his consumers....he is spitting on GG supporters  

But Nonek his joke is very juvenile anyway and not really funny. So I'm surprised you are getting  upset? Or rather let me ask you this...does this type of thing upset you ?

Troll somebody else Bruce i'm tired of your hypocritical act.

Geez Nonek.....you definitely got out of the wrong side of bed this morning   :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think that wasn't hypocrisy so much as a lack of reading comprehension because I'm pretty sure you weren't referring to his joke with your "spitting on consumers who've funded his company" but by his tendency to not deliver any finished kickstarter products at all.

Exactly, that was what I thought. I assumed Nonek was talking about the joke. Why can't others understand me like you TN  ...... :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ah, Schafer, still annoyed at his "LEAVE PETER ALONE!!" video, but that's expected.  Weird to dignify GG with mockery at a professional event like GDC, but I am noticing developers are that way these days.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Geez Nonek.....you definitely got out of the wrong side of bed this morning   teehee.gif

Well he is right, or are you going to peddle more of your bull**** ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well technically he isn't spitting on his consumers....he is spitting on GG supporters

Should he be spitting on anyone?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I hope that I will not live to day when games will be considered successfull on same basis as movies today

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Geez Nonek.....you definitely got out of the wrong side of bed this morning   teehee.gif

Well he is right, or are you going to peddle more of your bull**** ?

Ah Malc, another one of my loyal fans on these forums...I dont know what I would do if you didn't believe and support me as much as you do. I would probably get depressed  :aiee:  

Should he be spitting on anyone?

True, rational people don't conduct themselves like that but lets be honest. We are dealing with GG and anti-GG and there are elements in both those groups that probably consider spitting on people perfectly reasonable  :blink:

John Milton 

I hope that I will not live to day when games will be considered successfull on same basis as movies today

Aren't we there already, considering the income generated by the 'AAA' games and series.

Is that really want you think?  So exoctic dancers get paid to work at parties and functions, this is their livelihood

What do you think they would think if you walked up to them and said something similar to " hey do you realize that by doing this job you are undermining feminist causes and not doing justice to gender equality "....they would think you were being patronizing and condescending and probably tell you to  " f***k off " 

Now before I am accused of hypocrisy I have always maintained that unless you can offer those girls another job its makes sense to rather not judge them and utilize there services if required

But this has nothing to do with the objectification of women in society...well I don't think it is the same thing. Its all about  the girls doing what they doing willingly  in order to earn revenue and pay the bills.  But its a tough life and career choice so we should always respect them 

It's not what I think. I thought this should be clear from my stance on "objectification" issues. It's what the people that complain about these things think. I don't have a problem with it.

And, yes, I think if you think fictional strippers are sexist but real ones are not it's hypocrisy.

Is that really want you think?  So exoctic dancers get paid to work at parties and functions, this is their livelihood

What do you think they would think if you walked up to them and said something similar to " hey do you realize that by doing this job you are undermining feminist causes and not doing justice to gender equality "....they would think you were being patronizing and condescending and probably tell you to  " f***k off " 

Now before I am accused of hypocrisy I have always maintained that unless you can offer those girls another job its makes sense to rather not judge them and utilize there services if required

But this has nothing to do with the objectification of women in society...well I don't think it is the same thing. Its all about  the girls doing what they doing willingly  in order to earn revenue and pay the bills.  But its a tough life and career choice so we should always respect them 

It's not what I think. I thought this should be clear from my stance on "objectification" issues. It's what the people that complain about these things think. I don't have a problem with it.

And, yes, I think if you think fictional strippers are sexist but real ones are not it's hypocrisy.

Oh I see your point...I never thought about it before

Are you suggesting that because I think strippers in games are unacceptable but in RL  I have no issue with them I am contradicting myself ?

John Milton 

Are you suggesting that because I think strippers in games are unacceptable but in RL  I have no issue with them I am contradicting myself ?

Do you think that?

You seem pro Anita and her kind. This is her kind of opinion.

Read your last sentence and reply yourself - I am looking forward to that answer xD

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Do you think that?

Mmmm..I need to think about it

I don't think I have ever been specifically against strippers in games  and I do use adult mods so I can't claim to be opposed to it....yet I am opposed to certain cases of  objectification of women

It gets complicated, I'll get back to you :)

John Milton 

Do you think that?

Mmmm..I need to think about it

I don't think I have ever been specifically against strippers in games  and I do use adult mods so I can't claim to be opposed to it....yet I am opposed to certain cases of  objectification of women

It gets complicated, I'll get back to you :)

Well, at least we now know you are not eunuch, just hypocrite xD

Having similar revenue isn't the same as being considered succesful by the public, though.

Hm, well, I think they still are - was not really sure what one counts as being successful so I ran with something quantitative. But then again, perhaps I can't see it from outside of the hobby.

Having similar revenue isn't the same as being considered succesful by the public, though.

Hm, well, I think they still are - was not really sure what one counts as being successful so I ran with something quantitative. But then again, perhaps I can't see it from outside of the hobby.

Yeah, I should not used word sucessful but I am now struggling to find correct word :)

I know that anti gamergate mainly consists of morons, one just has to read their pathetic ramblings but now simple addition is beyond them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEDCcdjgMNs

No wonder this gentleman cannot complete his games, feels comfortable spitting on the consumers who've funded his company and has single handedly helped tarnish Kickstarter for those companies whom are honestly trying to make games for a living. 1+1+40 does not equal 50.

Kotick was right.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well-regarded?

Yeah probably something like that. Sucessful is too much attached to quantity of sold copies or milked monies

...Fictional strippers entirely brought into existence by men, to increase a game's appeal for men is somewhat different from real life, living, breathing, flesh-and-blood people choosing to do that job because - Heavens forbid! - they enjoy it. 

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

...Fictional strippers entirely brought into existence by men, to increase a game's appeal for men is somewhat different from real life, living, breathing, flesh-and-blood people choosing to do that job because - Heavens forbid! - they enjoy it. 

Yes right, they would be strippers even if men would not exist xD

Phewwwwwww,.....I am so glad you decided to comment...I was completely stumped  :thumbsup:

Guys what alumin said...there is a difference 

John Milton