Journalism and bias in the gaming industry.

Rosbjerg

Not like Sylvanas' outfit is new, so I guess it's a step not taken more than anything.  She's had her midriff bare in WoW for a long time, rather odd as she's a corpse but whatever.  Surprised some one would label that as "hypersexualized" though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Mmmm,.....this is a bit of a disappointment. I wont lie I am partial to the attire of booth babes. And I imagine that will now change as people will complain about this or that"

Deal with it. That is the side you chose. The side that  believes they have the right to slutshame and tell women what they can or cannot wear.

"On the other hand, PAX is a private entity and their management has a right to enforce as idiotic rules as they want to."

\Sure, but we have the right to mock them for their old fashion puritan evil anti woman rules.

"I think you're overstating this. The only thing it says regarding cosplayers is "can be asked to change", what it really talks about is booth babes, a.k.a. women who are hired and dressed by other people to stand there and look sexy for money. Nobody is teling others what they cannot wear, only what they can make others wear. Essentially they want PAX to be about video games, not a meat market."

They are telling women what to wear and what jobs they can have. Unless you can prove that 'booth babes' are slaves and are forced to do it they should be allowed to wear what they want without nazis telling them what they can or cannot wear  and slutshaming them. That's just plain evil.

"Guys, its not about consumers. It's for hired booth babes, i.e. people who are dressed by someone else. They're not telling anyone who wants to wear those things as a visitor that they can't."

It's about slutshaming women and telling women what they can and cannot wear.  It's because they think women are too weak and pathetic to make their own choices. That's the SJW way.

The fact people cna defend  thiss ort of backwards non logical sick and twisted policy is  shameful. But, hey, we should ban all sports because those are just meat markets too. <>

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You're aware of the inherent irony of defending women who are told what to wear from people telling them what to wear, yes?

EDIT: On another note, stole this from someone on Twitter. Muscled hunks with chiseled abs are a male power fantasy. That's why they adorn 90% of women's romance novels, targeted towards women and holding no sway over most men.

B_mf9UtWQAAdUGd.jpg

Note that most of these are even faceless, used only for their bodies. And people wonder why Manorexia is spreading. "Toxic masculinity" indeed. :lol:

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 3

....manorexia ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"You're aware of the inherent irony of defending women who are told what to wear from people telling them what to wear, yes?"

How is that ironic? I'm not telling anyone what they can and cannot wear. You are being illogical. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Not like Sylvanas' outfit is new, so I guess it's a step not taken more than anything.  She's had her midriff bare in WoW for a long time, rather odd as she's a corpse but whatever.  Surprised some one would label that as "hypersexualized" though.

If I felt ashamed about getting a tingly feeling in my trousers looking at her I might want to blame Blizzard for encouraging necrophilia with unrealistic depictions of corpses or somesuch.

(Well, I wouldn't, but I'm sure someone would. Does make me wonder how if zombies were real sjws would treat them)

Apparently that Overwatch character is based on a Blizzard employee.

1425863168581.jpg

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands