Journalism and bias in the gaming industry.

Rosbjerg

https://media.8ch.net/gamergate/src/1425434011029.png

Seems like a realization that the overarching SJW mantra is more sex negative, which obviously doesn't line up with her game.

You're clearly too tired.

The "feminism has gone too far" line exists outside the hyphenated points and is a sarcastic remark being made in reference to how "accommodating" the previous three points were.

Yeah, that seemed pretty obvious sarcasm to me too.

....Seriously? I don't see it at all.

What implies the sarcasm?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

The recap is hyphenated, meaning that's not part of the recap but a response to it. If serious, it doesn't make sense as a response.

I see it now but think it can go both ways, either as a sarcastic remark about how feminism does not demonize the list above, or as a statement that she does have some qualms with sex-negative feminism. That it's not hyphenated, I interpreted more to mean that statement is NOT a cornerstone of her presentation, but rather kind of a relevant statement based on the things that were truly discussed.

I usually disagree when people say determining sarcasm on the internet is hard, but this is a case where I really don't find it so apparent.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Reading comments upset that she had coffee with Wardell was a pleasant start to the day. Apparently she is now trying to make herself look human to GG people so they won't write bad things about her, such was her reasoning :lol:

I had thought she was going to ask about game design, she needs to.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The recap is hyphenated, meaning that's not part of the recap but a response to it. If serious, it doesn't make sense as a response.

I see it now but think it can go both ways, either as a sarcastic remark about how feminism does not demonize the list above, or as a statement that she does have some qualms with sex-negative feminism. That it's not hyphenated, I interpreted more to mean that statement is NOT a cornerstone of her presentation, but rather kind of a relevant statement based on the things that were truly discussed.

I usually disagree when people say determining sarcasm on the internet is hard, but this is a case where I really don't find it so apparent.

Its okay Longknife, you can say you were wrong. No one is going to think less of you I promise :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Reading comments upset that she had coffee with Wardell was a pleasant start to the day. Apparently she is now trying to make herself look human to GG people so they won't write bad things about her, such was her reasoning :lol:

I had thought she was going to ask about game design, she needs to.

:lol: that is funny, thinking that GG people will somehow not think less of her. I'm sure only Leigh Alexander is more reviled than her for most GG people 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

She might've done less than stellar things, but c'mon, I hardly think they were enough to make her sub-human (besides maybe to Volourn, :p) - changing one's tune a little can absolutely change others'.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I forget how Wu got involved in this crap anyway, I think she decided to wade in with a flaming tweet of her own. Worked out well for her as some calling her the "face of anti-GG". In any case her meeting with Wardell is seen as treason by one side, capitulation by the other - no changing of their tunes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I forget how Wu got involved in this crap anyway, I think she decided to wade in with a flaming tweet of her own.

Basically she was flinging excrement at people over and over until the "right" crowd noticed.

Edited by Fighter

You were projecting.

Pretty sure that's not how psychological projection works.

Pretty sure I just honestly interpreted it another way.

I forget how Wu got involved in this crap anyway, I think she decided to wade in with a flaming tweet of her own. Worked out well for her as some calling her the "face of anti-GG". In any case her meeting with Wardell is seen as treason by one side, capitulation by the other - no changing of their tunes.

She tried to create a meme and made a sock puppet account to troll on twitter.

http://youtu.be/LEyJX2rDfMs

I figured some of you would like this.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

http://imgur.com/a/vpJX8

Holy hell, the amount of salt.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I like the white people avatars saying white people suck.

Again with Grade F analytical skills in tact as they claim all of this happened because Wu is white, and not because Wu is a nutjob.

Not really. You used it as a response to a bunch of anger from the side of the debate that insists it isn't about any of those things. None of that is serious business to them. shrugnz9.gif

And said side is comparing discussions with "the opposition" to some kind of military cease-fire or truce.

Its all quite melodramatic. A tendency common to both sides.

Edited by Barothmuk
  • Like 1

Uh, that is the #GamerGate opposition, Barothmuk.

It was the easiest way to sum up the whole GG/anti-GG thing in as derisive a way as possible.

I suppose "videogames are serious business" would have also sufficed.

You do make me laugh.... :lol:

But guys lets be honest for a second. We are living in a world of massive economic inequality, Islamic extremism, wars in Ukraine, global pandemic viruses, an unstable Middle East, the rise of a haughty and jingoistic Russia and many other serious challengers that the  global community grapples with.....you can understand why many people don't take the idea of  a movement to highlight  " ethics in the gaming journalist industry  " seriously 

It does sound quite ludicrous compared to most other things people campaign for  :biggrin:

John Milton 

Perhaps the reason they take it so seriously because it's their main way of dealing with / getting away from that?

Anyway, I think it's ludicrous that in the end, what you're saying here is "bad things are okay because there are worse things".

• Like 3