Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

I keep dipping in here, and purely as a matter of personal opinion this has to be the single most pointless and boring discussion we've ever had.

I'm sure that won't change anyone's mind. I just wanted it on record.

I'm not ignorant of feminist issues, or gaming, or blogging. But I call bull****.

During the Cold War the Russians were very keen to infiltrate counterculture movements to undermine the West they obviously didn't think it was pointless, specially since they used those methods to subvert Afghanistan.

Nowadays you see the result of what the Left has brought, you just have to look at Sweden to see an extreme of what this ideology means when it affects politics. Plus you have them also affecting the media because they want to preach their ideology, therefore they have turned entertainment into a political battlefield.

Maybe you don't see this a relevant but sadly your opinion doesn't change the fact that if they are ignored they will end up controlling the medium as they did with Games Journalism and the Indie scene. These are not isolated incidents as other facets of nerd culture have been affected, namely the tabletop and comic book communities. 

Hi Guys 

I'm back from my Xmas holiday, I had a great time  :biggrin:

Do you really see the GG movement as significant as the ideological conflict of the Cold War? I'm  not sure if you being serious?

Your comparison really doesn't work, that's like saying that because someone talks about a shooting that they see it as a war. The means are the same but the scale is different.

But when you see the influence of feminism and leftism on academia and education; probably because that's one of the jobs that you can get with a liberal arts degree, you begin to realize that they are brainwashing a generation into a totalitarian way of thinking.

The fact is that before this whole thing I had some misconceptions about the influence that they wielded, I thought that it was restricted to game journalism with its clear lack of ethics and standards who picked bloggers because the medium isn't held to a higher standard. But now I begin to see that ideological inclinations matter more to them and how it affects their work. I saw how the traditional media covered the story and learned about how the news will run things without fact checking,  I saw how throughout colleges across white nations there is now an anti-white ideology masquerading as multiculturalism.

The problem of the SJW isn't merely restricted to the internet, that is just where it finds its loudest voice, the real danger is the quiet ones that say nothing but do on behalf of their insane ideology. Now we begin to see those and how they have gotten things to this point. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I keep dipping in here, and purely as a matter of personal opinion this has to be the single most pointless and boring discussion we've ever had.

I'm not ignorant of feminist issues, or gaming, or blogging. But I call bull****.

During the Cold War the Russians were very keen to infiltrate counterculture movements to undermine the West they obviously didn't think it was pointless, specially since they used those methods to subvert Afghanistan.

Nowadays you see the result of what the Left has brought, you just have to look at Sweden to see an extreme of what this ideology means when it affects politics. Plus you have them also affecting the media because they want to preach their ideology, therefore they have turned entertainment into a political battlefield.

Maybe you don't see this a relevant but sadly your opinion doesn't change the fact that if they are ignored they will end up controlling the medium as they did with Games Journalism and the Indie scene. These are not isolated incidents as other facets of nerd culture have been affected, namely the tabletop and comic book communities. 

Hi Guys 

Do you really see the GG movement as significant as the ideological conflict of the Cold War? I'm  not sure if you being serious?

Your comparison really doesn't work, that's like saying that because someone talks about a shooting that they see it as a war. The means are the same but the scale is different.

But when you see the influence of feminism and leftism on academia and education; probably because that's one of the jobs that you can get with a liberal arts degree, you begin to realize that they are brainwashing a generation into a totalitarian way of thinking.

The fact is that before this whole thing I had some misconceptions about the influence that they wielded, I thought that it was restricted to game journalism with its clear lack of ethics and standards who picked bloggers because the medium isn't held to a higher standard. But now I begin to see that ideological inclinations matter more to them and how it affects their work. I saw how the traditional media covered the story and learned about how the news will run things without fact checking,  I saw how throughout colleges across white nations there is now an anti-white ideology masquerading as multiculturalism.

The problem of the SJW isn't merely restricted to the internet, that is just where it finds its loudest voice, the real danger is the quiet ones that say nothing but do on behalf of their insane ideology. Now we begin to see those and how they have gotten things to this point. 

I really want to believe you because you generally make very accurate posts that can be succinct or detailed, but always interesting, but I'm just not convinced about the apparent insidious, influential and pernicious nature of SJW. And if you can't convince someone like me you may battle to convince others

Its a little dramatic wouldn't you say? If you are honest with yourself you should see I'm right :geek:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I really want to believe you because you generally make very accurate posts that can be succinct or detailed, but always interesting, but I'm just not convinced about the apparent insidious, influential and pernicious nature of SJW. And if you can't convince someone like me you may battle to convince others

Its a little dramatic wouldn't you say? If you are honest with yourself you should see I'm right geek.gif

Quite frankly I don't think that anybody knows the extent to which this goes because no one has noticed.

These opinions are mostly formed after seeing documentaries, debates and reading articles that only have the common thread of leftism gone wrong.

But if you need a perfect example of political correctness, multiculturalism and left ideals in general, gone wrong look at Sweden. It is probably the most overtly feminist country (probably the only one) in the world. Now it seems to have 55 No-Go zones; which if the reports are to be believed, are lawless areas in control of gangs of immigrants where the police, ambulance and fire services dare not go lest they are attacked. Which in a lot of circumstances they are; a few stories stick out, of policemen having to be rescued by someone in the neighborhood who knew them and vouched for them (all because they couldn't count on backup coming) to ER services asking for riot gear. Coincidentally if I where in Sweden this post would be illegal as is apparently against the law to criticize immigrants. They also are now the country with the most rapes in Europe.

So you might think what's the problem since this will not affect [insert your country here] but considering that within the US we have pockets of extreme leftists and they seem to be growing (globally too) they are placed in positions that allow them to insert their ideology, an ideology that is discriminatory and predatory.

In the US they are so ingrained in colleges that instances of teachers committing physical assault due political views are overlooked. Or the fact that right wing teachers are "encouraged" to leave once outed. Or attacks against Republican Youth organizations.

I mean, Rolling Stones printed a story accusing some guy of rape without checking its facts. That was essentially the Brad Wardell incident repeated; if you don't think these things are wrong and can't see how they hurt feminism (I think Ayaan Hirsi Ali called out to take feminism away from the crazies recently) then we don't have much to discuss.

But I encourage you to do your own research, maybe even pop into 8chan and ask them for videos and proof (Caveat Emptor: expect profanity and worse) just to get the perspective of your opposition.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Hi Guys 

Its a little dramatic wouldn't you say? If you are honest with yourself you should see I'm right :geek:  

Orogun01's scepticism isn't exactly new in any way. Other famous persons have said similar things before:

“The majority of pacifists either belong to obscure religious sects or are simply humanitarians who object to taking life and prefer not to follow their thoughts beyond that point. But there is a minority of intellectual pacifists, whose real though unacknowledged motive appears to be hatred of western democracy and admiration for totalitarianism. Pacifist propaganda usually boils down to saying that one side is as bad as the other, but if one looks closely at the writing of the younger intellectual pacifists, one finds that they do not by any means express impartial disapproval but are directed almost entirely against Britain and the United States …”   - George Orwell

I happen to agree with that as well.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't use this expression often but...**** just got real

https://twitter.com/E3XpoExposed

They better have some proof rather than hearsay. Lots of money involved there.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't use this expression often but...**** just got real

https://twitter.com/E3XpoExposed

They better have some proof rather than hearsay. Lots of money involved there.

If it is a troll it probably is one of the most elaborate ones I've seen in a while

A confirmation of sorts for the latest tweet. Either is a real source or Leigh is drunk and bored on New Year's Eve and decided to mess with everyone.

village_idiot.gif

Hi Guys 

Orogun01's scepticism isn't exactly new in any way. Other famous persons have said similar things before:

“The majority of pacifists either belong to obscure religious sects or are simply humanitarians who object to taking life and prefer not to follow their thoughts beyond that point. But there is a minority of intellectual pacifists, whose real though unacknowledged motive appears to be hatred of western democracy and admiration for totalitarianism. Pacifist propaganda usually boils down to saying that one side is as bad as the other, but if one looks closely at the writing of the younger intellectual pacifists, one finds that they do not by any means express impartial disapproval but are directed almost entirely against Britain and the United States …”   - George Orwell

I happen to agree with that as well.

Sure I agree that Orog's sentiment about various  SJ movements and what he feels they really want to achieve  isn't uncommon but it doesn't mean its correct

And lets be honest George Orwell always believed in an extreme future where we live in a police state so I have to question his impartiality

But I do understand what you guys are concerned about. All I can say is I think you are focusing on the extreme element of SJ initiatives and at times you label the whole movement a certain way

I believe in SJ  movements as you know but if you are honest based on  our serious disagreements in the past what I have wanted to be changed are minor things like some moderating efforts on the Codex and removing hookers from GTA 

I don't see this as me trying to implement some kind of police state? But maybe thats how I come across to you guys. I just don't see it?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sure I agree that Orog's sentiment about various  SJ movements and what he feels they really want to achieve  isn't uncommon but it doesn't mean its correct

And lets be honest George Orwell always believed in an extreme future where we live in a police state so I have to question his impartiality

But I do understand what you guys are concerned about. All I can say is I think you are focusing on the extreme element of SJ initiatives and at times you label the whole movement a certain way

I believe in SJ  movements as you know but if you are honest based on  our serious disagreements in the past what I have wanted to be changed are minor things like some moderating efforts on the Codex and removing hookers from GTA 

I don't see this as me trying to implement some kind of police state? But maybe thats how I come across to you guys. I just don't see it?

And I want a big **** picture with the word trigger written across it to be the banner of global feminism and to be present in every discussion with SJWs, every congregation of SJWs and all around SJWs in general.

Or how about you keep your ideology out of games that it isn't clearly meant to be in and make your own feminist friendly games? Is like beating a dead horse at this point, they haven't made anything, they are not productive, they are bohemian leeches that live off Patreon support and deliver squat. Its a cult of white male guilt where you give donation to get into SJW heaven. Its like the Catholics in the middle ages...except with more sodomy.

village_idiot.gif

And I want a big **** picture with the word trigger written across it to be the banner of global feminism and to be present in every discussion with SJWs, every congregation of SJWs and all around SJWs in general.

Or how about you keep your ideology out of games that it isn't clearly meant to be in and make your own feminist friendly games? Is like beating a dead horse at this point, they haven't made anything, they are not productive, they are bohemian leeches that live off Patreon support and deliver squat. Its a cult of white male guilt where you give donation to get into SJW heaven. Its like the Catholics in the middle ages...except with more sodomy.

You have raised some  interesting debating points. Are SJ ideas really that prevalent in society or do they annoy you so much that when you encounter them you think they are over the place

For example take these forums, I know from experience that before GG most suggestions around more inclusivity in games was ignored by most people or they openly expressed to me how irritating this constant view from SJW was

Some people like you would engage in debate but the general view was " oh no ....not this BS again "  :biggrin: . And I am fine with that, I only want people to debate with me if they find it interesting. I don't need or want charity

But now GG has given people who historically wouldn't engage in SJ discussions there own platform which is obviously supported by some of our members and that  is great. (I just think the foundation of the platform is problematic)

And unfortunately I can't really accept that the concept of certain SJ ideas needs to kept out of games because games are a mechanism of cultural entertainment and thats a good place to make a point. For example....  " yes in RL gay people also like to engage in Romance" 

Throughout history when it comes to getting society to transform various avenues like music or sports have been used. You didn't hear people tell the civil rights activists in the USA that they needed to only use there own buses when making a point, they went onto white only buses. So we can't exclude gaming....but it shouldn't dominate the discussion

And as far as guilt is concerned, I suppose I feel a little and that is partly my motivation but its not the main reason I support SJ ideas. And I'm sure that applies to most other SJW, we do it because we believe its the right thing to do and if all societies were more equal the world would be a better place?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

eD5gP8wl.jpg

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It's true that as a venatorsexual flytrapkin I often feel misrepresented in the media. :(

EDIT: How sad is it that I didn't make those two terms up?

From your perspective how do you feel misrepresented ? Can you give examples

John Milton 

@TN very sad.

It's true that as a venatorsexual flytrapkin I often feel misrepresented in the media. :(

EDIT: How sad is it that I didn't make those two terms up?

From your perspective how do you feel misrepresented ? Can you give examples

That was a joke Bruce.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

He knows. I hope?

I can never tell with Bruce.

• Like 1

He knows. I hope?

I can never tell with Bruce.

Oh I get it .... :lol:

I didnt get it initially 

• Like 1

John Milton 

Bruce is either messing with us or this is just... adorable. :D

You see I wasn't focusing on the words " venatorsexual flytrapkin" 

I didnt know what it meant initially and thought it was some Dutch term so I was expecting TN to then explain how he felt marginilized by the media 

John Milton 

You have raised some  interesting debating points. Are SJ ideas really that prevalent in society or do they annoy you so much that when you encounter them you think they are over the place

For example take these forums, I know from experience that before GG most suggestions around more inclusivity in games was ignored by most people or they openly expressed to me how irritating this constant view from SJW was

Some people like you would engage in debate but the general view was " oh no ....not this BS again "  happy0203.gif . And I am fine with that, I only want people to debate with me if they find it interesting. I don't need or want charity

But now GG has given people who historically wouldn't engage in SJ discussions there own platform which is obviously supported by some of our members and that  is great. (I just think the foundation of the platform is problematic)

And unfortunately I can't really accept that the concept of certain SJ ideas needs to kept out of games because games are a mechanism of cultural entertainment and thats a good place to make a point. For example....  " yes in RL gay people also like to engage in Romance" 

Throughout history when it comes to getting society to transform various avenues like music or sports have been used. You didn't hear people tell the civil rights activists in the USA that they needed to only use there own buses when making a point, they went onto white only buses. So we can't exclude gaming....but it shouldn't dominate the discussion

And as far as guilt is concerned, I suppose I feel a little and that is partly my motivation but its not the main reason I support SJ ideas. And I'm sure that applies to most other SJW, we do it because we believe its the right thing to do and if all societies were more equal the world would be a better place?

The problem is with the totalitarian nature of SJWs which see everyone outside of their belief system as the enemy, if you're not a feminist then you're a misogynist, if you doubt or question the story of a victim because the story doesn't make sense to you then you're victim blaming, so on and so forth. They are as bad as the troll, racists and misogynist they claim hound them, except that they believe that is all for the greater cause of equality.

Also, no one cares about gays in games they've been there for years now. Games had a transsexual woman since the SNES era and that has been fine with everyone because games are not real. The only ones that got offended where the damn SJWs; some of which don't even play the games, they are being led by the nose by liars and con artists and they buy into the whole thing because of their problematic ideology. Really, what the **** do people care if we have prostitutes one GTA or if DA has gay dudes? But no one asked Target to remove DA because it might lead children to commit acts of sodomy.

Really, when your people are so pro censorship how can you in good conscience say that it's about equality? Or are you pro censorship as well?

Like exampled before with Sweden, it generally isn't the Internet SJW that make problems but the ones that have real influence. Which result in some pretty darned things like Thor being a woman and black Annie. Whereas if someone decided to remake Black Dynamite starring a white dude they would be decried as racist. Its the double standard which reveals that leftist equality disguises sentiments of anti-masculinity and anti-white and you cannot defend yourself because resistance means that you're a misogynist racist.

village_idiot.gif

An honest mistake, but a pretty amusing one. :)

I'll admit to having a hard time understanding Dutch. Of course, as an American I'm under the assumption if you yell in English loud enough anyone can understand you.

• Like 5

Some people like you would engage in debate but the general view was " oh no ....not this BS again "  happy0203.gif . And I am fine with that, I only want people to debate with me if they find it interesting. I don't need or want charity

The problem is with the totalitarian nature of SJWs which see everyone outside of their belief system as the enemy, if you're not a feminist then you're a misogynist, if you doubt or question the story of a victim because the story doesn't make sense to you then you're victim blaming, so on and so forth. They are as bad as the troll, racists and misogynist they claim hound them, except that they believe that is all for the greater cause of equality.

Also, no one cares about gays in games they've been there for years now. Games had a transsexual woman since the SNES era and that has been fine with everyone because games are not real. The only ones that got offended where the damn SJWs; some of which don't even play the games, they are being led by the nose by liars and con artists and they buy into the whole thing because of their problematic ideology. Really, what the **** do people care if we have prostitutes one GTA or if DA has gay dudes? But no one asked Target to remove DA because it might lead children to commit acts of sodomy.

Really, when your people are so pro censorship how can you in good conscience say that it's about equality? Or are you pro censorship as well?

Like exampled before with Sweden, it generally isn't the Internet SJW that make problems but the ones that have real influence. Which result in some pretty darned things like Thor being a woman and black Annie. Whereas if someone decided to remake Black Dynamite starring a white dude they would be decried as racist. Its the double standard which reveals that leftist equality disguises sentiments of anti-masculinity and anti-white and you cannot defend yourself because resistance means that you're a misogynist racist.

I don't support censorship unless its really warranted, like a group of people on a forum just verbally abusing someone because they are a minority

I want to ask you something before I respond, do you feel that there is a covert and  orchestrated campaign from some circles to attack and discriminate against white males in modern society

Before you answer what would be reason for this, for example Neo-Nazis aren't suppose to like blacks and jews because they are inferior to white males but "control " certain sectors of society

So if we as white males are the victims of bigotry  from certain groups like rad fems what would be the reason?

I just think certain people dislike males..not just white males ?

John Milton