Monte Carlo's Post Apoc thread

Monte Carlo

I enjoyed the post-apocalyptic tv show Jeremiah, from J. MIchael Straczynski the creator of Babylon 5. It sort of has an ending with Season 2. Could have gone on for another season but Straczynski left the show in disgust due to the studio's meddling involvement.

I'd also recommend the short 5 episode zombie mini-series Dead Set if you haven't watched it Monte. Great stuff.

I liked the film ''The Road'', it portrayed the post apocalyptic world in a much less romantic light compared to other movies.

It was also one of the movies I really had to force myself to watch because it was so brilliantly bleak, utterly depressing and gut wrenching. A must watch. 

the_road_movie_review.jpg

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Ooh, what a treat, I wish I could watch S4 of TWD again for the first time. Some very satisfying series arcs and loose ends tied neatly. The best thing the show does, as a whole, just as they do in The Last of Us game, is make you stop and think, god this could really be the way humanity ends. So many other PA venues just don't achieve that sense of curious true belief. Merle's redemption in S3 was the most fun and anguish I've invested in a character since, I don't even know when. The episode that defines the fourth season--and you'll know it the instant you watch--is on another level of compelling storytelling. I was literally found dumb for hours. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I've just done a stock take on food, clothing, toilet paper, candles, batteries etc.

Restocked to 3 weeks ample supplies, less water, cost £178. And now I have stores for when I can't be arsed to go to the shops on Sunday.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sundays are not the apocalypse unless you run out of beer.

You and I have not been drinking on a Saturday, obviously.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That is pretty much every Sunday for me. Liquor stores are closed then as well.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That is pretty much every Sunday for me. Liquor stores are closed then as well.

I feel your pain.  Here in Connecticut alcohol sales used to be prohibited on Sundays also, but they finally got rid of that stupid law a couple years ago and now they're open until 5 PM on Sundays.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

In the advent of an apocalypse, energy weapons or guns?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Neither.  Thrown, bladed, brawling, or blunt.  Why?  No ammunition.*  *note: thrown weapons have ammunition, but you could pick up almost anything to throw, making ammo almost unlimited.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Neither.  Thrown, bladed, brawling, or blunt.  Why?  No ammunition.*  *note: thrown weapons have ammunition, but you could pick up almost anything to throw, making ammo almost unlimited.

I'd go explosives. Extremely limited, but extremely effective.

Stockpiling explosives, or learning to make them, can get you into serious trouble.

-Elwood Blues

I've just had it pointed out to me that learning to make explosives is fine if you work for the Army.

"Or look like you do"??

~~

My food has arrived, and we've sorted it by expiry date. Provided the apoc occurs before 2016 we should outlast most of you by ;...well until the neighbours get hungry. YOU PEOPLE HAVE CRAP SUPERSOAKERS.

~~~

Subedit:

SO ARE YOUR SOCKS.

Seriously. What the **** is wrong with the people who make socks? What happened to plain thick wool socks. These hiking socks look like a Sid Meier civ map.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Neither. Thrown, bladed, brawling, or blunt. Why? No ammunition.* *note: thrown weapons have ammunition, but you could pick up almost anything to throw, making ammo almost unlimited.

Stockpiling explosives, or learning to make them, can get you into serious trouble.

If it's legal trouble, I doubt I'll have to worry about that after the apocalypse. Besides, I'd rather have plenty of grenades with me if we get mutated animals or robots.