Statism - the fundamental dysfunction of our world

Malignacious

So, OP troll, screw your reading list. It's written by extremists, be they Ayn Rand or Karl Marx, both cheeks of the same arse. Hey, I'm a poet.

Golden mean fallacy.

Ah, fallacy, the internet's favourite rebuttal word. I note the website is like a debating society nerd's instruction manual, which is what you are. Try again, and perhaps read my post where you'll see that my argument doesn't quite fit your reply.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

Again, we've had periods in history where government was small and did not regulate business.  It was called the Gilded Age, and you ended up with corrupt railroad companies that controlled pricing and reaped huge profits.  

This is completely false.

(you can look at timestamp below, your specific example is completely debunked)

You want me to watch an hour long video on net neutrality to prove that the Gilded Age is false?

So, OP troll, screw your reading list. It's written by extremists, be they Ayn Rand or Karl Marx, both cheeks of the same arse. Hey, I'm a poet.

Golden mean fallacy.

Ah, fallacy, the internet's favourite rebuttal word. I note the website is like a debating society nerd's instruction manual, which is what you are. Try again, and perhaps read my post where you'll see that my argument doesn't quite fit your reply 

It's written by extremists, be they Ayn Rand or Karl Marx, both cheeks of the same arse.

There is nothing logical, extrapolative, or factual about that statement. It's just a typical dismissal method of forcefully juxtaposing viewpoints in a deceitful manner, so one wouldn't get bothered to think about anything.

Just the cursory analysis of each viewpoint would expose this.

For example, one position uses the non-aggression principle supported by the most fruitful economic system ever devised, and the other position advocates for the use of force by a central authority to construct untenable society against everything we know about human behavior.

Just admit to yourself that you are in the matrix of statism, like all of humanity was at one point in the matrix of slavery.

Again, we've had periods in history where government was small and did not regulate business.  It was called the Gilded Age, and you ended up with corrupt railroad companies that controlled pricing and reaped huge profits.  Didn't any of you play Monopoly as children?

The government wasn't small, it was practically non existing in some parts. For capitalism to work you need strong government and strong law to prevent nonlegal practices. 

With internet, which enables decentralized rating and reputation systems, this no longer applies.

Similarly, revolutionary crypto-currency based on the laws of math instead of obscurantism of few people, renders communist central banking and national currencies irrelevant.

Where to begin...

A) The lack of a state means that there is no force to ensure contracts are respected.

B) The lack of a state would mean that each community would have to rely on itself for protection. That would heavily militarize society.

C) Direct community rule is often very oppressive. One need only look at the pilgrims to see what community rule looks like.

D) The lack of a unifying law enforcement agency would make life a lot easier for criminals.

E) Without a state to ensure a relatively unified economic system; there will be a lot of economic confusion. Expect the economy to be very local, and very small.

I could go on, but I won't.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Can the next alt be a hardcore straight-edge feminist?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Again, we've had periods in history where government was small and did not regulate business.  It was called the Gilded Age, and you ended up with corrupt railroad companies that controlled pricing and reaped huge profits.  Didn't any of you play Monopoly as children?

The government wasn't small, it was practically non existing in some parts. For capitalism to work you need strong government and strong law to prevent nonlegal practices. 

I thought you were against regulation?  What do you think strong government laws are?

I thought you were against regulation?  What do you think strong government laws are?

There's a difference between making rules about how a business is run and making sure a business fulfills it's obligations.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Hey, Magnathingy, where are you on the whole Nick Land / Dark Enlightenment thing?

It's irrelevant and intellectually infantile. I've read enough about economics, neurology, structural anthropology, social psychology, and history to realize which things are key to a long term, peaceful, and prosperous human society(global or local).

1. peaceful parenting (no hitting, spanking, yelling, namecalling, everything must be based on negotiation and evidence based reasoning instead of parental authority), this is the foundation of everything. All research in the last 4 decades from many disciplines points to this. You should especially read/listen to this book - The Origins of War in Child Abuse.

You can notice this today, it is no coincidence that blacks on average are far more violent with their primitive culture of parental aggression against children and their hyper-religiosity.

2. decentralization, we are finally here: internet, crypto currency, 3D printing, renewable energy parity grids. Never before were such ingredients present to effortlessly achieve decentralized, stateless societies. Grave implications of the Milgram experiment (since repeated dozens of times in different cultures with always the same results) must be taken seriously.

3. power of the free market, with its self-rectifying mechanisms, the single force that skyrocketed our life expectancy, comfort and technology. It goes without saying that with orderly dissolution of governments it would finally achieve its full potential. 

Edited by Malignacious

This might open your eyes a bit.

I watched the video and I found it  terribly misplaced, it misrepresents many areas of how governments work and function.

I basically reject most of the comments in the video as its really anti-Western propaganda and an attack on how our government function, all that video does is raise the bad. Some of things that were utterly preposterous were

• The analogy that Statism is a religion. You cannot prove a religion and its not tangible, its about faith. You see your government, you can interact with them. Its not a belief, governments and states are real and exist and we can engage with politicians. To try to suggest that Statism is  the worst and most extreme form of religion is complete nonsense
  • The suggestion that abiding by the rules makes you a slave? You don't have to like your government but you need to pay your taxes as you need to contribute towards the society that you live in. If you don't like that go and live in the mountains and live off the grid like some hermit

These types of great "revelations " are normally raised by people who live in first world countries who use it  as some kind of pseudo-intellectual argument to explain how terrible there lives are on countries that millions of people would  love to immigrate to

If you don't agree with the concepts of states and governments  I would encourage you to travel through Africa and see what happens to countries that don't have effective governments. See how people live and die in complete poverty and see how the aspirations of people, who  just want water, electricity and a future for there children, are never achieved

I'm a proud and unrepentant believer in Statism because it works, its as simple as that :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Why is it that all these dudes look like they'll survive five minutes in their Brave New World of anarcho-capitalism?

It is indeed a good thing that they will only encounter their "perfect" world in abstract theories.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Why is it that all these dudes look like they'll survive five minutes in their Brave New World of anarcho-capitalism?

Because anarcho-capitalism has been thoroughly analyzed and researched from all angles, it's rapidly growing, it's global, and there won't be any magical breaking point but gradual, orderly dissolution.

Also, it's really not that hard to see the blatant, parasitic, destabilizing banditry of statism once you step out of its matrix.

Because only out of shape liberal arts majors have time for armchair philosophy about hypothetical situations.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Because anarcho-capitalism has been thoroughly analyzed and researched from all angles, it's rapidly growing, it's global, and there won't be any magical breaking point but gradual, orderly dissolution.

Also, it's really not that hard to see the blatant, parasitic, destabilizing banditry of statism once you step out of its matrix.

You have The Matrix and the Dark Enlightenment dudes have 'The Cathedral.' They also enjoy a rather nuanced version of BHD I think you'd dig.

Your heroes and the DE types are also both cheeks of the same arse.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG