[Mod] Slower Run Speed

Sensuki

Hey guys, I've made a mod that slows down the run speed in Pillars of Eternity to 6 metres / second down from 8 metres / second

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsjTEwcHt2o

http://www.upload.ee/files/4277442/Assembly-CSharp.rar.html

[Note this also contains the 16 Inventory slots mod]

Instructions

• Backup your X:\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity - Public Beta\PillarsOfEternity_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll
  • Copy the modified Assembly-CSharp.dll into the same folder
  • Run the game
  • DO NOT submit bug reports with this installed, revert to default when testing

Notes:

1. Will not be compatible with the next patch (will have to make a new one every time)
  2. This is a pretty bad way to mod, but we have no WeiDu equivalent atm
Edited by Gfted1
Locked at OP request. Mod is not working.
  • Like 4

That movement speed seems about right. If every one moved 25% slower I think the game would be much better.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

It was the first value I set it to, I think it looks miles better than the current speed too.

It doesn't just look better; if the enemies also move 25% slower it will really help fix combat.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Well Monster movement speed probably needs to be adjusted on a per-unit basis anyway (in their creature file) oozes move at a million miles an hour. This fixes the default speed though I think. My next "vs the Beatles" video will have this mod.

Edited by Sensuki

Sen I don't even know what to say.  I'm pretty sure if someone cut you you'd just bleed IE code.  I remember how my first impressions of the BB was how it didn't remind me at all of the IE games.  Meanwhile, you change run speed on a whim and *nail* it first time.

I mean.. I don't even.. GRAH!!

PoE maestro indeed.

• Like 2

sesnuki can you do a side-by-side video of the two speeds? With combat as well to see the enemies? I don't want to reinstall the beta just to check this out.

Also, devs have you seen this?

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Don't know if it's working actually, might just be placebo :p

Will investigate further

Lol I just tested it ~22 seconds from the exit to the inn entrance.  Which coincidentally enough is about your video's time as well.  Don't I feel like an idiot...

Edit: Sen's got enough street cred that we just take him at his word (which is just fine mind you).

Edited by Razsius

This is nice. The game was really too fast paced earlier. Thanks sensuki. Can you try out even slower a speed like 4m/s? Also does the combat -clustered ness get reduced by this? Feeling?

"The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit."

The run speed is declared in data, and I'm not sure if you can mod it easily. You might be able to change each prefab if you can get your hands on it somehow. That data can be found in the mover afaik. 

We've been discussing changing speeds across the board to be slower. I think it's probably a good change.

Good luck!

• Like 9

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke