RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

Where's April?

Dressed up as another character for a dramatic reveal.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was browsing the latest Humble Mobile Bundle, and it contains a large surprise, at least for me: Little Big Adventure, a classic action-adventure game from the '90s. I didn't expect such a large, complex, difficult and also gritty game to be ported to mobile devices, the revived classics are usually simple arcadey games. Even better, the port revamps the controls and interface (the original was quite clunky) to touch screens, and adds new features like zoom. If you've never played LBA back in the day, now's a good time to do so! Only about $4 to unlock it within the bundle.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Where's April?

She may or may not be dead.

RAGNAAAAAAAAR

I think he's said that the overarching story is still April's, even if Dreamfall is Zoe's. So I fully anticipate that, at worst, this to be leading up to a resurrection scenario.

Or more likely she's just hiding.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest Slinky

I like the different affinities, can already see myself testing the new steam music player with Starship Troopers soundtrack on my purity game. Purge the unclean!

Maybe I will wait for the first expansion.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I like the different affinities, can already see myself testing the new steam music player with Starship Troopers soundtrack on my purity game. Purge the unclean!

Hmm, what to play for my Harmony playthrough?  I suppose I could jam some Grateful Dead.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wish I cared enough to go find out cdprojekt fanboys' reaction to "evil" Chris Priestly becoming their community manager...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I wish I cared enough to go find out cdprojekt fanboys' reaction to "evil" Chris Priestly becoming their community manager...

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call myself a fanboy, but I'm definitely a very big fan of CDPR.  On the other hand, I have no idea who Chris Priestly is, so my reaction is 

shrug-o.gif

Should I be flipping a table over?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Guest Slinky

Hmm, what to play for my Harmony playthrough?  I suppose I could jam some Grateful Dead.

Woodstock 69 the album you hippie :p

Just kidding, both the giant death robots of Supremacy and the zerg of Harmony look more interesting to me than Purity, but I still want to start with that for my first playthrough.

I didn't even know he left Bioware.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I guess they are to be ragey as they victimize him like all Bioware folk ?

Twitter post was funny, though.

"My new job: I am very pleased to announce that I am CD PROJEKT RED's new Community Manager for North America! I get to work on The Witcher!"

Yeah, "get to work on".

"My new job: I am very pleased to announce that I am CD PROJEKT RED's new Community Manager for North America! I get to work on The Witcher!"

Yeah, "get to work on".

So he goes from the SJW re-education centre to the manly man cave of CDProjekt Red? Will he implode when he sees a boobie card? Will Dave Gaider ever whatsapp him again? Will Evil Chris 'work on' anything other than trying to wrangle mad online fan-morlochs?

sonsofgygax.JPG

Yeah, "get to work on".

So he goes from the SJW re-education centre to the manly man cave of CDProjekt Red? Will he implode when he sees a boobie card? Will Dave Gaider ever whatsapp him again? Will Evil Chris 'work on' anything other than trying to wrangle mad online fan-morlochs?

He probably had to go because of the Christy Hemme pictures on his office walls in the first place :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Haven't been on the Witcher forums in ages, doesn't seem all that different in terms of what people are discussing. Well other than a thread about "lore rape" that wasn't censored.

Is that Siegfried in the middle with the coffee?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Guy on the left looks more Siegfried to me.

Don't think that Mr Priestly being at CDProjekt should make any difference (unless it was Jason Priestly and they were going for a 90210 game) as it would not have been him setting the moderation policy at Bioware anyway, he'd just have been enforcing it. Not like the atmosphere over at BSN has changed significantly since Priestly left- not that I really know, I only check it out occasionally. For scientific and research purposes only of course, as a strict policy.

• Like 1

"manly man cave of CD Projekt Red"

cd-projekt-red-2.jpg

What!?  Who let in the women folk?  Is there no place left that's safe?  That's it, I'm canceling my pre-order.  :p

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸