Feedback about the new inventory: the "stash" system

AdaMusic

Some sort of organizational/sorting system for the stash is a must as everyone is essentially going to be collecting every scrap of loot into a giant stash which, without comprehensive organization, will be a horrendous mess.

• Like 2

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

I'm quite happy with having a stash to hold everything! I would even go further and remove individual party member inventories and just have 1 big party inventory. I consider logistics management a barrier to having fun adventuring and looting. Each character or party member has their own slots for gear and weapons, they don't need inventory slots especially a limited number like they do right now in the beta. Just have a decent sized stash that the party can access while adventuring and then some kind of bigger unlimited stash which is accessed in taverns, strongholds, player housing or whatever.

• Like 1

Only feedback I have about this system is....

Why did we bother with individual inventory again?  Just axe the "stash", make your inventory window just be a big infinite bag that takes up the whole side, and characters who don't pre slot an item (you get 4 come on) in the quick use slots just don't get to use items not slotted in combat.  Then you just use the already included sort features on the main inventory screen with it.

Problem solved.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

Only feedback I have about this system is....

Why did we bother with individual inventory again?  Just axe the "stash", make your inventory window just be a big infinite bag that takes up the whole side, and characters who don't pre slot an item (you get 4 come on) in the quick use slots just don't get to use items not slotted in combat.  Then you just use the already included sort features on the main inventory screen with it.

Problem solved.

Would be better than the current system.

I think having such a big list of crafting and enchantment options warrants a stash feature.

Huh? Why?

Because if you want to make good use of the crafting system, you want to be able to keep loads of piles of materials around that would have been vendor trash without the crafting system.

I think having such a big list of crafting and enchantment options warrants a stash feature.

Huh? Why?

Because if you want to make good use of the crafting system, you want to be able to keep loads of piles of materials around that would have been vendor trash without the crafting system.

And why do you need a stash for this? Why not just use inventories + storage areas like a chest (as in basically all MMORPGs, aRPGs and cRPGs ever made)?

Why did we bother with individual inventory again?

Infinitron convinced Josh on Formspring like 18 months ago. The bastard - laughing at us right now too btw.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

Huh? Why?

And why do you need a stash for this? Why not just use inventories + storage areas like a chest (as in basically all MMORPGs, aRPGs and cRPGs ever made)?

Having to carry around a lot more items means you need much more space.

The stash is a storage area like in all those games; it's just that it abstracts the running back and forth that you'd otherwise have to do in order to fill it. Since that boring time sink was the thing I most disliked about all the IE games except IWD (not that I didn't dislike it in IWD, but IWD had bigger problems), this seems like a good thing to me, especially given that we're expected to keep more random stuff in stock.

• Like 1

Posted this in another thread, but here it is again:

My biggest complaint with the stash is you can only access it when making camp (you can put stuff into it anywhere, and you can sell stuff out of it to a merchant, but you can't access it to equip things on your character unless making camp). I don't mind not being able to access it in a dungeon or wilderness area, but it makes no sense to me to be able to sell your stuff in a town, yet you can't access it without making camp.

At least, I haven't found any other way to access it.

After reading through this thread, I like the idea of at least being able to sort the stash into categories, given that the stash is here to stay.

• Like 2

Yes, That's true The stash system could be perfect but they'd have to fix it up a lot. truth be told it was very annoying in BG1 to have tons of stuff and having to drop 90% of it.  But it seems to me that the stash system is ALSO limited amount of space and theirs no sorting it, witch is lame,

I like the stash system and limited party inventory. 

I like the idea of having to be in a town or safe area in order to access the stash, and I don' t really have a problem with that. I think work should be done to make sure that the stash is always accessible in places where it should be accessible (towns, camp, various). I also think there should be a sort/search function available in the stash if the amount of room is going to be unlimited.