Do we get to name our pets?

Or pet beetles? I'll name mine Adam.

:lol: His legendary failure at Gamescon must be immortalized somehow. If not as a pet, anybody still have a gravestone or such that they don't know what to do with? Here Lies Adam, Killed By Beetles.

"Adam did not Get Back from the Beetles"

"Adam Imagined, Beetles came"

There was ease in Adam's manner as he stepped out to travel from this place;

There was pride in Adam's bearing and a smile on Adam's face.

And when, responding to the crowds come to see him over that last hill crest,

he saluted such that no stranger in the crowd could doubt 'twas Adam at his best.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;

The bards are playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,

And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;

But there is no joy for Adam - mighty beetles had taken him out.

(Apologies to Earnest Thayer)

xD

"Sassy was a woman, fought against some beetles

But she knew it wouldn't last.

Sassy left her home in Darcozzi, Grand Valia

It was over pretty fast.

Get back, get back

Get back you're gonna get pwned"

• Like 5

Oh ok then. Well... if it cant die then it´s a gimmick or what ? A chicken pet that can go berzerk causing the ultimate destruction would be funny yes but an ordinary pet that is invulnerable seems very out of place imo. But i understand it´s funny and fluffy, cute and funny and fluffy and cute and fluffy and funny and funny and fluffy and cute .... ehehe.

Is there a chip of comedy i can plug into my head to understand that ? it´s very OFF lately ;)

They said in one of the videos the whole pet system came back because there was a backer reward for an exclusive pet that then led to them realizing they needed other pets. They probably wanted something that wouldn't be confused with familiars or animal companions but still allowed the exclusive pet.

Or pet beetles? I'll name mine Adam.

:lol: His legendary failure at Gamescon must be immortalized somehow. If not as a pet, anybody still have a gravestone or such that they don't know what to do with? Here Lies Adam, Killed By Beetles.

"Adam did not Get Back from the Beetles"

"Adam Imagined, Beetles came"

There was ease in Adam's manner as he stepped out to travel from this place;

There was pride in Adam's bearing and a smile on Adam's face.

And when, responding to the crowds come to see him over that last hill crest,

he saluted such that no stranger in the crowd could doubt 'twas Adam at his best.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;

The bards are playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,

And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;

But there is no joy for Adam - mighty beetles had taken him out.

(Apologies to Earnest Thayer)

xD

"Sassy was a woman, fought against some beetles

But she knew it wouldn't last.

Sassy left her home in Darcozzi, Grand Valia

It was over pretty fast.

Get back, get back

Get back you're gonna get pwned"

:biggrin:

Godlike Sassy died in the meadow and was buried along with her name

Nobody came

Father McKenzie wiping the dirt from his hands as he walks from the grave

No one was saved

All the killer beetles

Where do they all come from?

All the killer beetles

Where do they all belong?

• Like 8

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I was a bit disappointed to hear that pets couldn't die. Who could forget the heartbreak when entering the Fortress of Regrets and finding out your pet Lim-Lim had the life snuffed out of it?

Though it should make for amusing game-over screens where a tiny pig is the last thing left standing against a giant dragon.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl

@Quetzalcoatl:

Pet Mods:
- 1) I don't think the piglet has an attack animation or taking damage animation... BUT... if you fiddle around with the files you might be able to change the dependancy values and exchange the piglet model with a beetle model that has all the animations), and maybe even make it able to attack and be attacked.

- 2) Enlargement. The very first thing I thought of when I saw the piglet was..... is it always that small or will it grow and become bigger? Can we feed it? When a piglet has grown into big fat swine... can I use it as a "camp resource" and get bonus effects (Well-Fed)? :p 

I'm afraid I don't think it will be possible to name them.

In the video, he just equipped the piglet and there was no input device for a new when he got it, so it seems unlikely if there was the possibility of an input at same later point.

However, it would be a nice addition. I think that you will be able to name the companion of the ranger, so maybe play as a ranger and make a lion called namu?

In the video, he just equipped the piglet and there was no input device for a new when he got it, so it seems unlikely if there was the possibility of an input at same later point.

However, it would be a nice addition. I think that you will be able to name the companion of the ranger, so maybe play as a ranger and make a lion called namu?

I don't think you've been reading the previous posts in this thread, with all their excitement and emotional attachment to pet naming.

Let me sum up this thread for you TLDR: There will be pet names, or their will be blood.

Well, blood's in the game, so I guess there won't be pet names? Oh, that wasn't a logical "OR" statement... 8P

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I might have to. Lucky for me I was planning on being the ranger.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I might have to. Lucky for me I was planning on being the ranger.

But then you must have a bear named Yogi

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: