Wasteland 2 Kickstarted

hmmm, interesting. I do tend to have one ranger specialize in one skill, with a secondary skill with some (those that get more skill points per level up). but yeah, while I did have some skills at level 10 by the end of Act 1 in the Beta, I am not sure I can pull that off now

am noticing slower leveling, particularly the xp gains for successful... whatever. example: our safe cracker/locksmith leveld' much faster in the beta. additionally, survival (skill) points is more expensive, so you probable got fewer.  am seeing folks planning on having each character fill out three skills and two weapons. that strikes us as an extreme optimistic plan.

other newness: combat armor now requires min str o' 5, not 4.  virtual all npcs has different skill packages from beta. high combat initiative is actual more valuable than it were in the beta, but is also harder to acquire high ci... folks new to wasteland 2 might not realize that ci doesn't simple determine order of attacks in a turn, but will also decide how many turns you effective get in a combat encounter-- high ci = more attack opportunities. 

HA! Good Fun!

The beta always had accelerated leveling, so it was expected that leveling would be slowed down for final release.

Regarding CI, yes, it's arguably more important than Action Points. What good are AP if you don't get to attack?

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

What I found out is that LA is full of religious nutjobs, and currently I feel like it would be the best thing to just exterminate them all. It surely is a city full of sinners, and every group thinks themself to be more godly than the other.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, had pretty much the same thought.

When it comes to map design, LA is far superior to Arizona so far, imo. It doesn't feel like I am guided through tunnels all the time. Also I like the visual style quite a lot.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Love spending money on something that crashes the moment I start it up.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

A tip for those who want to conserve med packs. I found if my characters are very close to levelling, I'll hold off using med packs and try and get to the next level. Levelling up gives them 100% health.

It doesn't on Ranger difficulty.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"A tip for those who want to conserve med packs. I found if my characters are very close to levelling, I'll hold off using med packs and try and get to the next level. Levelling up gives them 100% health."

Yeah, noticed. Annoys me when games do that However, it doesn't cure injuries like concussions.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"A tip for those who want to conserve med packs. I found if my characters are very close to levelling, I'll hold off using med packs and try and get to the next level. Levelling up gives them 100% health."

Yeah, noticed. Annoys me when games do that However, it doesn't cure injuries like concussions.

Don't like? Bump the difficulty above Seasoned and no more magical heals.

I can understand why some people prefer not to min-max on their first play through. While I was reading some forums, I couldn't help but notice some character builds as well as NPCs having skills. It was a case of what has been seen cannot be unseen. :p So I kind of know not to take certain skills when Angela already has it. Same with Rose in the Ag centre.

I wound up leaving Rose behind at the Ag Center after I finished up there.  I suppose I could always go back and get her to rejoin my group.  It just didn't seem right to take her along.  She's a scientist, not a warrior, her time is better served at the Ag Center.  Plus, she loses control once in a while.  Very rarely, because of my leadership skill, but it happens (one more point in leadership and I think the chance would be down to 0% for her, it's already down to 0% for Angela).  I'd probably be better off bringing her along, but I'm leaving her for RP reasons.  I'm off to Highpool now, though I have 1 stop along the way:

An infected village

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So, reports from german players are comming in, and they say that the german translation is horrible. Like, extremely horrible. Missing strings, which results in companions not being recruitable or quests being unable to complete, strings that are wrongly translated (not just wrong words, but partly even 1:1 from english to german), strings are not making any sense, etc. Especially everything after Arizona is apparently very shallow and bad.

Long story short, if you are into english, then Wasteland 2 should not be played in any of the fan translation languages. InXile said they had professional translators reading over it in the end, no? Either it didn't happened or they've been very sloppy as well.

Love spending money on something that crashes the moment I start it up.

This and seeing the bugs listed at their forums, I'll forgo playing this until they start releasing some fixes. And I thought New Vegas was unplayable until they released a few patches after release.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'll forgo playing this until they start releasing some fixes.

Indeed. Trying to play on the launch day is like beta testing, only worse. This applies to almost any game and RPGs are affected more than other genres due to complexity. Add KS specific problems (tighter than usual budget, stretch goals) and release build is practically guaranteed to be a mess.

D:OS is still being actively patched. And some post-release changes were quite dramatic (e.g. a huge nerf to max resistances).

Edited by prodigydancer

Not sure what the issue is with crashing. I would report it at the inXile forums.

I have not had issues with crashing myself. I think in more than 200 hours I might have had a single crash, in an earlier iteration of the beta. So far no crashes since the game went live, and I've been playing a lot (pretty much cleared out a 4 day weekend for myself).

Sorry to hear that some are having these kinds of issues.

So, reports from german players are comming in, and they say that the german translation is horrible. Like, extremely horrible. Missing strings, which results in companions not being recruitable or quests being unable to complete, strings that are wrongly translated (not just wrong words, but partly even 1:1 from english to german), strings are not making any sense, etc. Especially everything after Arizona is apparently very shallow and bad.

Long story short, if you are into english, then Wasteland 2 should not be played in any of the fan translation languages. InXile said they had professional translators reading over it in the end, no? Either it didn't happened or they've been very sloppy as well.

Wow that does sound bad but at least you are very proficient in English  so you and other German fans can still play in English? Or would you only play the game in German?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've played for a bit now and while I still find the game to be really clunky, I haven't had any bugs that I would count outside the "polish" field. Had one or two fauly barkstrings from NPCs saying stuff about something I had no done in my game but other than that it's been really smooth sailing as far as bugs go.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Couldn't help myself metagame and been going over my Magnum P.I. party, tweaking all the characters and finally came up with the following, taking into account what NPCs I'll be taking through the game. Also, trying to stay as close as possible to their TV persona's with their skills. 

Magnum: Smart Ass 1, Computer Science 1 (will be replaced by Rose at the Ag centre), Lockpicking 1, Safecracking 1, Assault Rifle 2, Heavy Weapons 1

TC: Demolitions 1, Mechanical Repair 1, Toaster Repair 1, Weaponsmithing 1, Blunt Weapons 1, Shotguns 1

Rick: Kiss Ass 2, Leadership 1, Alarm Disarming 1, Assault Rifles 1, Submachine Guns 1

Higgins: Hard Ass 1, Animal Whisperer 1, Perception 1, Field Medic 1, Hand Guns 1, Sniper Rifle 1

All the knowledge skills are covered. All the weapon skills except for brawling are covered. And General Skills are covered except for Barter and Outdoorsman. Although Angela covers Outdoorsman for the time being.

Having done this, I immediately received a weapon right at the start of the game from the guy outside the citadel. Good times.

You need Kiss Ass 2 to get the Mississippi Mule gun from the guy at the Citadel door.

ANL6esq.jpg

• Like 1

Wow that does sound bad but at least you are very proficient in English  so you and other German fans can still play in English? Or would you only play the game in German?

I play all games in English nowadays, unless they were made in German, like e.g. Risen or the Gothic games. But it's bad for anyone who isn't speaking English very well. My experience is that even AAA+ titles usually have a not so good translation, which is why I am jumping right into the English original.

• Like 1