Why is there no world cup thread ?

Gorgon

The Mexican keeper is earning his money today.  The guy has been fantastic during this first half and the main reason the game is still scoreless.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The "puto!" cries at goal kicks is rather amusing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Boooo

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That was the most entertaining scoreless draw I've seen in a while.  I can't say enough about the Mexican keeper, Ochoa.  He was PHENOMENAL.  Brazil should, by all rights, have scored 3 or 4 goals, but Ochoa was up to the task every time.  That was the performance of the tourney so far.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Guess my dad was right, Fred is useless.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm not surprised to see the game scoreless at the half, but I am surprised that the Koreans seemed the better side in the first 45.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm not surprised to see the game scoreless at the half, but I am surprised that the Koreans seemed the better side in the first 45.

I am not that surprised, they may not be bursting with individual class, but they have a lot of technical skill and they play well as a team. They're a hard team to beat on their good day.

Plus, Russia isn't that great.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Oh holy crap. Terrible keeper

• Like 1

Fair result for a draw.

Memo Ochoa was a divine goal keeper! o:) Those saves were stellar.

And it's not the first time, when that guy has his eyes on the ball, he's really on the ball.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Awesome goal, one of the best in the tournament. Game could stand to be more friendly, though. Bit too much pushing and pulling from both sides.

EDIT: Wow, Oranje's defense is in shambles. Well, not entirely in shambles, but they have no grip on the midfield.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1