BIS Boards Reunion Tour

I'm sleeping. Maybe. zzzzzzz.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

Well...to be honest, I kinda am.

this is what I did for Canada day. Too old to stay up for fireworks. Drank lots of beer, ate some good burgers though.

I might eat something grilled.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm just happy this hurricane is going to be gone by the 4th so our fireworks aren't rained out.

Any other 'Muricans doing anything exciting for their 4th?

Any of you unwashed foreginers want me to send you some freedom? :p

I made red, white and blue painted pasta necklaces with my class yesterday to show some support and stuff. But the white actually turned out to be 'Baby Pink'. America would be a much more cheerful place if the flag was Red, Baby Pink and Blue.

• Like 1

Mess up the 60s Captain America Cartoon theme song though -

"When Captain America throws his mighty shield,

All those who chose to oppose his shield must yield.

If he’s lead to a fight and a duel is due,

Then the red and the baby pink and the blue’ll come through.

When Captain America throws his mighty shield."

- just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

*snorts* it does.

But then it replaces blue with pink, not white with pink. :)

I'm just happy this hurricane is going to be gone by the 4th so our fireworks aren't rained out.

Any other 'Muricans doing anything exciting for their 4th?

Any of you unwashed foreginers want me to send you some freedom? :p

I made red, white and blue painted pasta necklaces with my class yesterday to show some support and stuff. But the white actually turned out to be 'Baby Pink'. America would be a much more cheerful place if the flag was Red, Baby Pink and Blue.

Kiddies little paintbrushes not being rinsed before slopping into the white? I made a necklace too, glass beads though. It was okay, I ran out of white beads.

Kind of weird Sargy hasn't been around in about a month. Sure hope he's okay. Wasn't there some power outages or something up in Nova Scotia?

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, people having a go at Sargy for his spelling. It's like 1999 all over again!

Stumbling across this zambambo thread, it's not a matter of spelling so much as tone (like a pro wrestler,) and punctuation (ending every other sentence with more than one period.) Unfortunately (that's a lie, being younger puts me that much closer to cybernetic immortality,) I'm too young to have been around for the golden age to which you are referring.

RPing is one thing, ending half your sentence fragments with three or more periods is just incessant.

Ah, people having a go at Sargy for his spelling. It's like 1999 all over again!

Stumbling across this zambambo thread, it's not a matter of spelling so much as tone (like a pro wrestler,) and punctuation (ending every other sentence with more than one period.) Unfortunately (that's a lie, being younger puts me that much closer to cybernetic immortality,) I'm too young to have been around for the golden age to which you are referring.

RPing is one thing, ending half your sentence fragments with three or more periods is just incessant.

As I have mentioned to you before its not as incessant as people who feel the need to correct peoples grammar and spelling on a gaming website

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I like Sargy's posting style. The nostalgia makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And if he hasn't changed it in like, 10 years, why would you think he's going to start now? so ya might as well suck it up. 

• Like 2

Yeah asking Sargy to give up his posting style is like asking Gromnir to give up his.

Who'd want either to do that?

• Like 1

Sargy's posting style is a part of who he is.

But seriously, I'm worried about Sargy. This is NOT like him to be gone so long. He was so excited about this 'reunion'. I've sent 2 pm's to him that have gone unanswered for over a month now. Does anyone happen to know his last name?

His first name is Jason. And really CC, I think he would've said something in one of his pm's. In fact, his last pm was in response to my telling him I'd be gone for the weekend. That was June 20th. He said for us to have fun and that he'd keep an eye on things. So, you know, I'm really concerned. I don't even know what town he lived in on Nova Scotia.

Sargy takes super long sabbaticals from these boards. Every couple of years or so he pops up and necroposts some old threads or create new ones and waxes poetic of the days long lost from ye old BIS days and calls every one who joins up after him noobs.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

His first name is Jason. And really CC, I think he would've said something in one of his pm's. In fact, his last pm was in response to my telling him I'd be gone for the weekend. That was June 20th. He said for us to have fun and that he'd keep an eye on things. So, you know, I'm really concerned. I don't even know what town he lived in on Nova Scotia.

I heard from him on June 23rd. Not that it makes it much better, I guess... 

Maybe his PC's broken. Maybe his internet. Maybe he got a new puppy and that's taken all his attention. I hear puppies can be time sinks.

Yeah I considered those first 2 options. Not the puppy though. I thought more of a hamster.

@ Leferd. But see that's the thing, waxing poetic of the days long lost.. This BIS reunion thing was something he looked forward to. But I hope you're right. I hope he's just taking a sabbatical. I kind of do that too.

@ Ariane. Actually it does help. But it also means he didn't reply to my pm's. Just wait 'til he shows up again!!!