Pushing the release date forward

It's been mentioned only a thousand times that April was not realistic.

Where, when, show me even one of the thousand.

*Points to OP of this thread*

8)

What... you said "one." :)

Yes, exactly, today's eurogamer news is the first time Obsidian has said April is no longer a launch window.

No, you see, you said "show me even one of the thousand." I pointed this out as being one of the thousand. No information was provided that somehow warranted a "yes, exactly, this is literally the only time it has ever been said."

Also, as Hiro pointed out, the backer portal listed the Winter release date when it went up, AND I'm pretty sure the update thread from the backer portal launch addressed that fact. AND, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at least once prior to that, in an interview, or another update thread, or just a Q&A, etc. I'm not really sure, and it's not really a big enough deal for me to take the time to go dig it up, because I'm totally fine with the chance that I'm actually mistaken, because I'm a human being with imperfect memory, and that's okay with me.

I'm not trying to somehow win against you or make you look bad, but, it simply was stated prior to now, so there's no need to attack people who claim that and call them liars. If you missed the previous instances of release date change info, then that's unfortunate. It's not like someone else is better than you just because they saw that info first.

And, again, I'm not sure they ever tapped a wine glass to get everyone's attention, then specifically announced that the release date was changing. And if they didn't, they probably should have. Either way, to a lot of people who've kept on top of things, the information was made available on many (but, admittedly, not an exaggerated "thousand") occasions. For what it's worth.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Guys as I've mentioned in previous topics I won't be happy unless the game is released at the end of 2016, I want to be sure that Obsidian takes the time to implement decent and interesting Romance options and these things can't be rushed .... :wub:

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

As long as it doesn't become the next AoD, I'm good.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

It's funny because there are so many articles online about kickstarter not delivering because of all these video games missing their target dates.  However, it's not the industry norm to provide a release window when a project begins and with such a complex creative endeavour it's not realistic to.  It becomes even more complex if you exceed your goals and expand upon the project.  It's not as simple as a manufacturing kickstarter where you just order a larger run of the item from the factory.  I think the current kickstarter policies on the release dates need to be revamped.  

Even if you could pre-set different release dates for each stretch goal achieved before the project starts I think it would be helpful.  Games would still miss their initial goals (just the nature of the beast) but it would help to have them miss by a much less extreme amount of time than you currently see.

Always find the posts telling them to take their time amusing, I guess they don't have a PM ? (then again Double Fine seemed to be ok without one..). 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Always find the posts telling them to take their time amusing, I guess they don't have a PM ? (then again Double Fine seemed to be ok without one..). 

Cone now Malc, everyone knows that PM are really hired to irritate the people who are trying to do the work....remember we want this project to finish within the next 5 years :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, worried a bit there with the '6 months FORWARD' and a zillion likes... WHAT?

Oh, "backwards"... it's all okay.

But yeah, anyone with a brain (which pretty much all RPG-players have shown to posses, provided we do not include Skyrim or Borderlands to RPG's like Steam somehow does) could tell straight of the bat April 2014 wasn't going to be the release date with all those stretchgoals.

So no surprises that when the backer portal screens came up it said Winter 2014 (which was quite a while before the actual backer portal itself too).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It's very easy for people to say "take your time" and get it right, but taking your time also takes more money. Hopefully the budget won't become a serious issue late in the development, otherwise they may need to find investors and split the rewards.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."