Can't ever get addons in the future?

Unfortunately, it looks like we can't change things for the time being.

From the Announcements Thread, Update #69:

Q from another thread -> can we pay for add-ons to a tier later or only when we order that tier?

(Can't see a way to go back in and give another $8 for the Obs-Order or $20 for the expansion - only seems to be available when paying for a full tier)

The only time you can add an add-on is when you are managing a pledge. At some point in the future we may try to sell the add-ons separately, but we haven't seriously discussed a timeline for something like that.

Hmmm... Okay, that's a bummer. Well, I guess this means "no Obsidian Order" for me then, any time soon. :(

EDIT: For those searching for the original quote from above:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64737-update-69-pillars-of-eternity/?p=1398281

Edited by Lythe Vodaine

FdSm3p1.png

This sucks. Like a lot.

Especially if you think about the fact that for example Star Citizen's CIG made most of their pledge money by selling add-ons seperately, and by allowing their backers to "melt" anytime everything they already pledged back into store credits to then select something else, probably more expensive and pay the difference. Or is Obsidian already preparing to ship the physical items and had to lock our pledges permanently because of that reason?

Oh well, joining the Obsidian Order is worth $8 to me, but not $43...

Edited by Lythe Vodaine
  • Like 2

FdSm3p1.png

Fantastic - not :banghead:

At least I didn't forget to chose the addon I pledged for. But I was still thinking about raising my pledge for the physical tier, which I didn't pick yet because of the shipping costs to Germany I would have to add.

To blame myself, I got mixed up with other campaigns where the developers wanted quick confirmations, here it seems like I should have taken my time until christmas to decide and confirm.

I really hope Obsidian will consider the option to raise your pledges afterwards, would be a shame if this wasn't negogitable.

So, Obsidian, please :bow:

by allowing their backers to "melt" anytime everything they already pledged back into store credits to then select something else, probably more expensive and pay the difference.

Not forgetting SotA's installment process for pledge packages... so even though they don't get the full investment upfront it's a relatively steady/predictable revenue stream... 

question is, do they spend dev hours on add-ons or content? 

Are you gonna throw rocks at me? What about now?

What about now?

I also fell into the same trap, I was thinking about adding add ons but I wanted to see my shiny backer badge so I quickly confirmed it.

Hopefully I will have a chance to do so without buying another digital copy since I don't need another.

A friend might need one.

Blood and honor

hi folks

pros - i m not alone in this mess

cons - as many of You i ve decided to confirm my pledge and ended up with my hand in potty... ;( 

i thought about adding expansion pack in boxed version in a right time /when it ll be anounced/ but it seems that it wont be available thru pledging anymore.

its reasonable action as crowdfunding has ended while ago, but why the hell i was able to change so many options just few mins before i accepted all terms? why it wasnt any warning sign like "think twice: beyond this point you wont be able to change it" ?

and it has a matter as my amount was split into boxed game and shipping costs so supposedly i was able to change whole tier or make some adjustments to reach expansion pack right now...

still i ll be happy to buy it when it ll hit stores/ gog pre-sales it cos i m quite sure it wont dissapoint me.

but just in case, to avoid such misunderstandings in future, remind all folks out there:

crouwdfunding campaign is over and as we are not able to backtrack all your pledges and changes/additions to those, we have to ask you politely to be honest and mark your actual pledge with its real value;  you can change your mind about allocating your pledge now but we need to sort it out, so when you ll make your decision its done. be smart and think first... or come here and moan as those above :lol:

remember chaps - its not an auction, not a kickstarter campaign anymore - now if we want to buy some additional goods, market starts to play its role.

just be patient and i think that those add ons /t-shirts, soundtrack and stuff/ should be back in some near future, same as inexile brought them back in westland 2 - they just need some time to sort past bids before they start to gather new ones... maybe some of those wont be available anymore to make them exclusives for kickstarter but well, we have done our pledges already arent we? :grin:  ^^

ps ofc You dont have to share my point of view :)  have a nice eve!

Everyone is entiteled to be stupid. But some abuse the privilage...

Guest Matt Sheets
We are looking into adding the ability to upgrade Tiers and have additional purchases of Addons.

We'll be sending out a backer update when we get it added to the Backer Portal.

• Like 10

Here are some responses from Darren Monahan regarding the issue:

Hi Messier-31!
In the next few days, I'm pushing up some changes for the support guys to be able to cancel confirmed orders. Once that's live, we can cancel your order so you can recreate it with any additional addons that you'd like. Stay tuned this week! I'll hang on to your message and let you know after we've canceled your current order so you can add on, well, addons!
If we can be of any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Happy holidays and thank you for backing Pillars of Eternity!

Darren Monahan
Obsidian Entertainment

Hi Messier-31,
Apologies for the delay – I was able to cancel your order and return your credit. Feel free to swing by the Backer Portal (https://eternity.obsidian.net/backer) at your convenience to create your new order.

Thank you again for backing us and happy holidays!
Darren

So I got my order cancelled and started over :)

But still here's hoping for some more order modifying options in the future.

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Matt Sheets

Has there been an update on the ability to modify an order i.e. add an addon, once the order has been confirmed?

Thanks.

We're still working on adding that functionality to the Backer Portal.

Thanks for your patience.

Has there been an update on the ability to modify an order i.e. add an addon, once the order has been confirmed?

Thanks.

We're still working on adding that functionality to the Backer Portal.

Thanks for your patience.

Thank you: i did confirm my pledge and didn't want to add an addon yet; but i didn't think that adding them later is impossible. I wanted to overthink it first, because simply add something is expensive, so i wanted to overthink what i want to buy. I really hope that this function is added in the near future.