List of most epic games from obyknven

obyknven

Continue...

Spanish gamedev's create own unique style of games with stunning realistic 2d graphics...

Satan

http://youtu.be/hk-x8B9pV-w

http://computeremuzone.com/ficha.php?id=45&l=en

Lorna

http://youtu.be/taUqoMv5_UI

http://computeremuzone.com/ficha.php?id=125

Black crown

blackcrownpc3.gif

http://computeremuzone.com/ficha.php?id=244&l=en

Narco police

http://computeremuzone.com/ficha.php?id=33&l=en

Viaje al Centro de la Tierra

http://computeremuzone.com/ficha.php?id=55&l=en

La Espada Sagrada

http://computeremuzone.com/ficha.php?id=447&sec=pc

Titanic

http://computeremuzone.com/ficha.php?id=282&sec=pc

It's really great alternative to childish 2D graphics from US and Japanese games. Death of Spanish gamedev in early 90's it's really sad thing.

French gamedev's make notable games also in later 80s - early 90s. Especially games from Loriciel, they have excellent atmosphere/setting and plot.

Many of these games even never translated to english language and not so much info you can find about them in Internets, but you can try  ;) .

Postapocaliptic "Kristor" and "Zone" make Fallout and Wasteland looks childish.

3690078590_f69d550d37_o.jpg

Epic Adventures in "Tera" and "Karma"

img_2191.jpg

Space Opera "StarVega"

starvega-fr_5.png

Prehistoric life in "Sapiens"

sapiens.jpg

These games are true rarity.

Disappointed in the lack of "Tour de Force" on the box art there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oby you would have failed miserably in listing of international games unless you can find some South African games, lets make this thread have a global feel to it so people realize that games come from places all over the world :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I was trying to think of a South African game, and the only themes I can think of are avoiding carjacking, and something based on the film Space Mutiny.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was trying to think of a South African game, and the only themes I can think of are avoiding carjacking, and something based on the film Space Mutiny.

You are right, we aren't very good at software development for gaming purposes.

But don't tell Oby that :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The department I work in has a disproportionately high number of Saffer ex-pats working for it. Apparently it's because it's because we share an obscure programming language with very few other institutions, one of which is apparently Woolworths of Seth Efrica.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The department I work in has a disproportionately high number of Saffer ex-pats working for it. Apparently it's because it's because we share an obscure programming language with very few other institutions, one of which is apparently Woolworths of Seth Efrica.

It's actually pronounced "Sauth A'Frica".

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's interesting, what obscure language if you don't mind sharing?

John Milton 

"Model 204 User Language" sounds like some kind of terrifying apartheid era genetic modification program. If you see any cute monkeys DO NOT approach them.

-Elwood Blues

Oby needs to become a Youtube gaming personality like Yahtzee or something

Not enough natural light for filming in the basement.

That can be easily simulated. This has been already shown more than 1000 times in movies which go really deep into adult themes...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The constant need to evaluate a works adultfulness is something I mostly see in regards to video games, science fiction and fantasy novels, comics, and movies that are aimed at men.

Its because adult men feel a need to justify why they like things perceived as being "childish" because society expects them to put childish things behind them when they reach adulthood and start providing for families leaving their only avenue of self expression being to paint their torso in two colors as a way of showing support to the local teams on game day.

RE: the thread in general - I wish there was more depth on why these are super-great "epic games" instead of listing games and slapping up screen shots.  Also I really think its hard to justify a list of "most epic games" which includes games that haven't been released and thus the epic/lack of epic qualities are entirely impossible to evaluate.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The constant need to evaluate a works adultfulness is something I mostly see in regards to video games, science fiction and fantasy novels, comics, and movies that are aimed at men.

Its because adult men feel a need to justify why they like things perceived as being "childish" because society expects them to put childish things behind them when they reach adulthood and start providing for families leaving their only avenue of self expression being to paint their torso in two colors as a way of showing support to the local teams on game day.

RE: the thread in general - I wish there was more depth on why these are super-great "epic games" instead of listing games and slapping up screen shots.  Also I really think its hard to justify a list of "most epic games" which includes games that haven't been released and thus the epic/lack of epic qualities are entirely impossible to evaluate.

Children's game serve as a way for children to explore their potential and as social conditioning that lets them know their place in a group. When they reach adulthood those game serve as an outlet for their unrealized potential, their frustration and as a means of escapism from an otherwise mundane existence. So just like all women still want to be little princesses, so do most men still want to be warriors and the like. 

On the thread: Better if the games a have no explanation, the explanation probably carries a virus.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I don't see Reunion and one Czech RTS which I can't remember the name, which used genetical modification of units in your list!!!

/fail

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours