What's on the idiot box... Part 2

Rosbjerg

I watched Bosch.  I enjoyed the case, I enjoyed the acting, but I thought the lead character was the weakest part.  I didn't want to know more about him and I didn't really like him.  Why did they need to show him smoking so often?  It was like a focal point of the show.

Anyways, all the former Wire actors were great, and the forensics angle was well done.  I think it could be worth watching as a series, it might just be a victim of trying to cram too much into the pilot.

Watched an episode of True Detective. It has to have one of the most depressing characters in history.

yeah, as the second lead point out in the first episode ~'trust me don't want to pick his head' ;) I doubt this show will be a "blockbuster" and i don't how it will turn out, but so far I really enjoy it, a rare feat compared to the usual recycled tropes\execution time-waster crap that I have to scroll through.

House of Cards. Spacey is great.

Usually, I don't care about any show until it pops in my TV schedule, but it was also recommended by our resident tv-show see it all. So I gave it a try, so far I seen few episodes from season 1, it is nice and has some great moments, but am I the only one who think that Spacey seem a little bit too great at playing the puppeteer and everyone around are too dumb? Edited by Mor

That's because Spacey's lens-flare like awesomeness stupefies all other characters into constant brainfarts and brainfreezes. :biggrin:

...but I do know what you mean. I find House of Cards to be an "ok" show, with Spacey doing that Spacey thing being the main reason to watch. But then I'm pretty biased re: Spacey, have been for years, so pay no attention to me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think the whole point is to show off a character that isn't at the highest seat of power, but knows how to pull the strings. At least, that's how I see it. They might have overdone it a bit, but I get the point of it and have no real problem with it. It's a decent show, need a few more episodes to give better judgement. Still only seen two episodes of season 1 so far.

I was initially turned off of SGU because of the stylistic change from a SG1/Atlantis style to a BSG style, but I stuck with it and enjoyed it. Really liked Eli and Rush. When they started encountering their descendants I got kind of excited that it would shift back to more of a SG1/Atlantis style, but then the drones came and kinda ruined the series a bit. My biggest beef though was with the freaking gates having a range. The Atlantis gates could all gate to any other gate in their galaxy, and so could the SG1 gates, so why did the SGU ones need to be in range of another gate?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I remember liking most of the first season of SGU, but then I stopped watching. Can't remember why, I did have a reason, one of those things where I probably noticed something for a couple episodes and got annoyed or something. I thought Robert Carlyle was great tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I see the UFOlogy quasi-religion has contaminated the Science channel now. I was really hoping those guys on SC would raise the bar a bit, ... but no. Watch folks as we just make up cr*p for hours at a time! Grrr... :huh:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Emerged from my study to see Mrs Nonek watching a show called "Most Haunted," I pointed out that you can't quantify the non existent and she threw a scone at me. It was quite tasty.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

It's a cross infection from the History Channel. There'll be ghosts, next.

Nazis first, then ghosts. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's a cross infection from the History Channel. There'll be ghosts, next.

Buying a DVR has greatly improved our quality of life, finally we watch what we want when we want instead of whatever is on tv, no more mind numbing commercials, you can pause take proper toilet break or rewind if you missed anything. If only someone would invent shared filters or playlists for those things, so we can weed out the crap like this and it would be prefect.