If you'd had $1000 to pledge, what NPC would you have made?

I would definitely come up with a character who seems to have a lot of secrets and connections and influence, but really just loves to let people constantly make incorrect assumptions as to such. And/or, a Wizard character who was magically incognito as some easily-ignored elderly lady or something. So then, when his true identity gets discovered, everyone's all amazed and such, and thinks they have it figured out. But then, it turns out that this "true" identity was really just an elaborate, elaborate cover identity for the character's REAL identity.

It would really be the hardly-ever-talked about sister of some noteworthy Wizard's apprentice. She used to sweep the floors and such, and was actually more talented than her brother, but she was all but loathed by everyone around, as her brother was the favorite, and blamed all his own mistakes and stupidity on her. So, one day, he did something REALLY arrogant and stupid, and basically sparked his own demise. The only witness was her, and she knew everyone would think that her stupid attempts at controlling her volatile "talent" had killed her brother, because of the veil of lies he'd spun around her for so long. So, she assumed his identity, and claimed that "he" tried to stop his poor, beloved sister from toying with forces she couldn't control, but she insisted on trying anyway, to her own misfortune. She's been living the facade, ever since.

She uses the FURTHER disguise to allow people to discover her "true" identity, so as to prevent them from ever suspecting further secrets and catching wind of what really happened that day. She extorts her brother's identity and family standing to make things happen that will help those who are in anything resembling her own position of neglect and misfortune, as a child.

That's also interesting, I like it :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

A unsettling incredibly annoying inbred nobleman that constantly shows up when the player is fighting a difficult battle, mid fight, and insults the player about his performance. Always saying how he just bested stronger opponents. If the player chooses to attack him before he leaves the screen and defeat him he will drop unique gear.

Well that or an annoying drunk bald dwarf who says "oh aye" every other sentence and likes to get naked and dance on top of statues while singing bawdy tavern songs about a wild orlan lass.  Of course he would then have to pee on passerby's but that's a given.

You and Nonek seem to know my family very well.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

A unsettling incredibly annoying inbred nobleman that constantly shows up when the player is fighting a difficult battle, mid fight, and insults the player about his performance. Always saying how he just bested stronger opponents. If the player chooses to attack him before he leaves the screen and defeat him he will drop unique gear.

There were stories from back in the American Civil War of women showing up at a pending battle to hold a picnic and watch the fighting. It might be amusing if that happened to the players. But they need to be careful not to overdo it or the humor can grow tiresome (Noober, anyone?).

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

There were stories from back in the American Civil War of women showing up at a pending battle to hold a picnic and watch the fighting.

Yeah I remember reading about that, it happened at the Battle of Bull Run. The first major battle of the American Civil War and once the civilians had experienced the horrors of a real battle it never happened again :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

A cross between Noober and Morte. 

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Monty Python rabbit pretty much, insta-kills any characters that comes too near and can only be killed by holy hand grenades.  He'll also be a quest giver, but only so that people will get too close to him to find out what the quest is.  And at the end of the game he is revealed to be the big bad that is the mastermind behind everything.

Or my old larp character, an incompetent pirate alchemist named Bloody Bill (in a "bloody hell what have you done now?" kind of bloody as opposed to the scary kind), who managed to sink two ships, unfortunately the first one was one he was the navigator for and sailed them into the shore, and the second one he was in command of and wound up setting fire to it, totally deliberately to fight off the boarding party, honest he didn't just drop a bottle of rum by accident...

EDIT: Or Inigo Montoya, just because.

Edited by FlintlockJazz

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

EDIT: Or Inigo Montoya, just because.

So you're gonna end up killing his father, eh?

Nah, I haven't got a six-fingered hand, and you just got to have a six-fingered hand if you're gonna kill his father, how else will he track you down?

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Nah, I haven't got a six-fingered hand, and you just got to have a six-fingered hand if you're gonna kill his father, how else will he track you down?

Dunno, you could always role-play having a six-fingered hand.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Dunno, you could always role-play having a six-fingered hand.

Roleplay?  What's that?  Wait, this is the CoD forums right...? ;)

I could, but I'd rather watch and admire him at work as he kills the guy, or gen myself up as him, hmm...

• Like 1