Hoops 13-14

Leferd

The Clippers/Warriors series should be fun to watch.  That, to me, seems like the most fun of the 1st round series.  At least, on paper.

It's pretty shocking how there is a NorCal versus SoCal in both Hockey and Basketball, and they both are extremely well matched.

Yeah, and it was Giants v Dodger and A's v Angels too.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

That Warriors/Clippers game 1 was pretty fun to watch.  Nice win for the Dubs.  I only got to watch the second half of it and I haven't seen any other games until now (start of second half of Haws/Pacers) since I've been at my folks' helping out with Easter preparations.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Pacers got whooped up by the Hawks (the final score was a lot closer than the game was down the stretch) at home, which shouldn't be a surprise since 2 weeks ago the Pacers also got whooped up by the Hawks at home.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Nice relatively easy win for OKC in the final game of the night and they become the only home team to win on the opening day of the playoffs.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

That Warriors/Clippers game 1 was pretty fun to watch.  Nice win for the Dubs.  I only got to watch the second half of it and I haven't seen any other games until now (start of second half of Haws/Pacers) since I've been at my folks' helping out with Easter preparations.

As expected, it was a nail biter.

The Warriors top five (with or without Bogut) is better than the Clippers top five. Clippers are deeper, but in the playoffs you have shorter rotations. Small ball will be the key for the Dubs; keep Jordan and Griffin out of their comfort zone and dictate their playing style and force Doc to react to the Dubs lineup. I fully expect the Warriors to win this series at least.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

What's crazy about the Dubs win is that Curry, Thompson, and Barnes shot a combined 17 for 47 (ouch!) and they still won.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Interesting stat:

This season the Warriors are actually 28-24 when Curry scores mores than 20 pts but are 23-4 when he scores less than 20.

This is actually misleading in that when he doesn't have to look for his own shots, his teammates have been more effective offensively and so he can concentrate more as a distributor rather than having to do more himself. He'll take on more for himself when the team is struggling with buckets.

I'm glad the Pacers are struggling. I like it when Slow-Paced teams lose.

Wow, what a collapse by the Mavs at the end of the game.  They had the game firmly in control halfway through the 4th, then went arctic deep freeze cold the rest of the way not making a single field goal until a meaningless garbage time layup at the very end when the Spurs were basically already walking off the court.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Hack-A-Dwight worked to perfection.

Edit:  Or is the correct term Hack-A-Howard?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

As much as I dislike the Clippers and Blake Griffin, AND coming in as a Warriors fan, that is as funny watching it unfold live as it is as a gif.

I give propage to Griffin for that.

Not a good night for OKC.

And especially not for Golden State. Still, they broke The Clippers serve. Now they just need to take care of business at home.

Griz 111 Thunder 105. That was the greatest basketball game I've ever watched!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thankfully we have wonderful news organizations like TMZ to break just how crummy a human being Donald Sterling really is.

Sterling is trash. Dispicable human being but, imo, nothing should happen to him, but it will. he'll be suspended and  fine because people are no better than he is and believe in slavery because everyone believes in power, control,and treating those who think/act/are different than them like garbage. He's a piece of crap but you believe he should have money stolen because he has different beliefs than you you are no better.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

For once, I agree completely with Volo.  Donald Sterling may be a bigot, but things he says in private, like this, don't have any bearing on him as a team owner.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Oh, back to actual basketball... how about them 'no doubt favorites' Spurs!?! They lost to Vince Carter! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

P.S. I like Carter actually but just need to make fun of so called thread 'experts'. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I completely think that there should be punitive repercussion initiated by the league office. If those comments were made by a team employee or player, you bet there would be suspensions. Not like there aren't any precedents for owners being suspended and/or forced to sell due to racist comments. Exhibit A: Schott, Marge.

I doubt the Clippers will see much free agency action as long as Sterling continues to own the team.

For a predominantly African American dominant league, this will not go away.

There is a precedent and he likely will be punished, but I don't agree with it.  Had he made disparaging racial remarks to one of his employees, like the Clippers players, management, or staff, I would be fully in favor of disciplining him, but he didn't.  This was something said in private to his girlfriend(?).  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸