Hoops 13-14

Leferd

Phoenix currently has three first round draft choices in the upcoming draft (#14, 17 and 29) and they get Minnesota's pick if it isn't in the top 13.  Assuming they don't pull a David Kahn and totally screw up the draft, they could be scary good.

Bwahahahahaha!! The most epic fail of epic fails in recent draft history. They had four first rounders and ended up drafting three point guards with their first three picks (Ricky Rubio, Johnny Flynn, Ty Lawson, and Wayne Ellington).

Rubio would stick in Europe for a few years, Flynn they kept but would soon play his way out of the NBA. They traded Lawson. Ellington is a serviceable end of rotation off guard.

But as far as point guards go, they passed up on Stephen Curry (budding superstar) and Jrue Holiday (All Star) AND they traded away Ty Lawson (All Star).

If you're going to go point guard heavy, at least get it right...

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

My bad, kgambit, typo on my part.  Fixed now.

No big deal.  Actually the stats surprised me.  I figured Miami had been feasting on the pathetic East.  

Agreed.  Those stats can be slightly misleading though.  Here's another stat:

Versus teams at .500 or above:

Miami 21-11  .6563

OKC   26-13  .6667

This suggests that a fair number of those wins for the Heat against the West came against the bottom dwellers.  To be fair, OKC has been feasting on bottom dwellers when they've played them, though they haven't played bottom dwellers as often.

Versus team below .500

Miami 26-9  .7429

OKC   25-5  .8333

Basically, against good teams, Miami and OKC are about even and while Miami has been very good against the bottom dwellers, OKC has beer spectacular, which accounts for OKC's mildly better record.

Edit: @Leferd - Speaking of poor drafting in the 1st round, we'd be remiss if we didn't mention Cleveland.  Over the last 3 years they've had two #1s and two #4s.  They've turned that into Kyrie and a bunch of mediocre at best.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Man, this St. Louis/Louisville game is tough to watch, and I can't even blame the refs.  I'm too lazy to look up stats, but it seems like the teams are shooting a combined 5%.  At this rate, this game will finish 32 to 40 or something like that.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The score at the half for the St. Louis/Louisville game is 16-25.  That is not a misprint.

Here are a couple really sad combined stats:

Field Goals Made   15

Turnovers               21

Some of it is good defense, but a lot of it is these teams having a masonry convention.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Man, we're getting some st00000oooOOOOoo000ooOO00oopid low scoring games today.  Dayton/'Cuse is 20-18 at the half.  20-18!  Still, this game is infinitely more watchable than the earlier anti-score-fests for 2 reasons:

1) Bill Raftery - He's the freakin' best.  Far and away the best color commentator in The States.  Only Gus Johnson comes anywhere close to being as entertaining.  Onions!

2) Allie LaForce - We only get a few brief glimpses of her during the game, but during those glimpses I'm like

giphy.gif

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

For a low scoring game that Dayton/'Cuse game was hella exciting.  I was going bonkers during the last 2 minutes (15 minutes in real time).

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Heck yes!  Just like in my bracket and as I've said, UCONN won again and moved on to the Sweet 16.  Seeding UCONN 7 was a travesty, but it's all good now since they just beat the NCAA's darling #2 Wildcats.  Might as well call UCONN the #2 seed now, huh, bitches?  Suck on that, corrupt, skewed, committee.  Had you seeded the tournamenyt correctly, your precious overrated Wildcats might still be in it.  Oh well.  Suck it.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Ugh, somebody had a little too much to drink last night, and by somebody I mean me, and by a little too much to drink I mean a lot too much to drink.  I definitely got overagressive celebrating UCONN taking down 'Nova.  Sorry 'bout that folks. 

smiley-ashamed005.gif

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Starting the day's action off with a thrilling game between Stanford and Kansas and another high seed goes down.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Is there a better weekend of sports than the first 2 rounds of the NCAA Tournament? (I know the NCAA is trying to sucker us into thinking this is round 3, but that's a bunch of hogwash.  Those play-in games are not round 1, no one gives a crap about those games outside of the teams involved)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Collega basketball is boring. It's fake, it's evil, it's crap, and it's extremely exploitaive. Did I say it wa sboring and the players are largely wannabes?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Much propage to what Fred Hoiberg has done for Iowa State. Heck, he even turned Royce White into a first round pick.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Too many teams named the Wildcats

every time I hear the Wildcats lost my heart stops even though I know the REAL Wildcats (UofA, don't judge me) don't play until tomorrow 

I'm sorry, I have never once barged in here, but I am emboldened by twelve-yeear aged single malt to say UofA has the world's second-best space program in the universe! :p

Anyway, good luck, looks like your team won't have much problems with those bulldogs. Wait, you like dogs but your mascot is a wild cat I'm sorry.

Edit: wait, I believe the winner of this game faces our Aztecs.  

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.