The NFL 2013 Thread

Keyrock

And Orton pulls a Romo to end the game and the Cowboys season.  How fitting.  And we get the Cowboys finishing 8-8 (again) and missing the playoffs (again), just like we all knew we would.  Same movie, different year.  Good news is we get to watch the same movie again next year.  

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Now, time for the Romo haters to find a way to blame Romo for the loss. L0L I bet they were salivating for an Orton led comeback victory so they could stick it to Romo. :p

On to watching Eagles get smacked around in playoffs.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Winning out the last four games feels decent. Beating Denver at Mile High felt like the Super Bowl anyway, so, not an awful Chargers 2013. New coach gets to keep his job, which is cool, I like his style. We'll see what happens against Cincy on Sunday. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I actually tried to watch 'skins - Giants... it was terribad, and Cousins looked like the fourth round pick he is. Pity, I've been really rooting for the guy for some reason.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Coaching casualties so far

Washington - Shanahan and his entire staff

Minnesota - Frazier

Cleveland - Chudzinski

and Kubiak (Texans)

Who's next?  Schwartz?  Allen?   Philbin?   Schiano?  Munchak?

Rex Ryan is apparently safe.

Minnesota - Frazier

Cleveland - Chudzinski

and Kubiak (Texans)

Sadly, not Jason Garrett.  Even better would be if Dallas fired its GM, but that's obviously not going to happen (Jerry's not going to fire himself).

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Minnesota - Frazier

Cleveland - Chudzinski

and Kubiak (Texans)

Sadly, not Jason Garrett.  Even better would be if Dallas fired its GM, but that's obviously not going to happen (Jerry's not going to fire himself).

I always thought Garrett did a reasonable job  (not great mind you) and the real problems were with Jerry (salary cap issues from ridiculous contracts and crap drafts).

I think Schiano might be looking to get out and back to college - hear he's got his eye on Penn State job if O'Brien jumps at Texans job, but he might have competition from Munchak if Munch gets the boot.

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

I think Jason is fine. Besides the decisions that were made were not his call. Fire Rob Ryan (he liked Rob Ryan), stripped of his play calling duties (saith the Jerry Jones), had some of the worst drafts in the last few years (we all know who's in charge in that draft room).

Personally, I don't care who they have at head coach. It's a Jerry problem and it always will be until he sees it.

• Like 2

Garrett is a problem in that he doesn't have the spine to stand up to Jerry and put his foot down.  Of course, if he did have the spine he'd get fired and another puppet would get installed.  Yes, Jerry is absolutely the ultimate problem.  He owns the team and I really doubt he'll ever swallow his pride and hire a real GM and let him run the team, like he should.

Edit:  And Schwartz just got fired.  No surprise there considering the team was in all out free fall mode.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Garrett is a problem in that he doesn't have the spine to stand up to Jerry and put his foot down.  Of course, if he did have the spine he'd get fired and another puppet would get installed.  Yes, Jerry is absolutely the ultimate problem.  He owns the team and I really doubt he'll ever swallow his pride and hire a real GM and let him run the team, like he should.

Edit:  And Schwartz just got fired.  No surprise there considering the team was in all out free fall mode.

Add Schiano and GM Dominik from Tampa Bay to the list of casualties.  No surprises there either.

I agree re: Jerry.  No coach who wants control over player personnel decisions (either total or part control) is ever going to agree to work under Jerry.  Jerry calls the shots in the draft and contract wise - period.

Edited by kgambit

The Texans already interviewed Lovie Smith. No. No. No. No. No. No.

ROTFL

PS:  Heard a story that Miami OC Mike Sherman is a goner and if Philbin won't can him, Philbin is gone too.

Edited by kgambit

The Texans already interviewed Lovie Smith. No. No. No. No. No. No. Go get Bill O'Brien, please.

Texans got O'Brien and Tampa Bay gets Lovie.  LOL    

The Bears sign QB Jay Cutler to a 7 year contract with 50 million guaranteed.  The deal is expected to eclipse the $17.6 million average the Detroit Lions gave Matthew Stafford in July.  IF true, that would make Cutlers deal worth slightly more than 123$ million.

• Like 2

The Bears sign QB Jay Cutler to a 7 year contract with 50 million guaranteed.  The deal is expected to eclipse the $17.6 million average the Detroit Lions gave Matthew Stafford in July.  IF true, that would make Cutlers deal worth slightly more than 123$ million.

tumblr_inline_myjxe4GzTh1s8aovt.gif

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Keep laughing but  Cutler is worth it. 17mil for a starting QB  is a more than reasonable deal.  Unless you are lone oft he tolls who blames him for the seasone nding loss and not the defence.

GB got their Christmas gift when they got Rogers back playing just in time.

I bet youa re one of the guys who believes Peyton Manning was finished completely when he missed thate ntire season. L0L

Or believed so and so player wouldn't/couldn't win a championship then they went on and did exactly that. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The Cutler deal puts the Bears in a similar hostage situation to the one the Cowboys were put into when they gave Romo the deal (The Cowboys have an even worse hostage situation going on called Jerry Jones on top of that).  There are a lot of similarities here.  Neither Romo nor Cutler is a franchise quarterback, but neither is a bad quarterback either.  They're both a bit above average overall.  Both will savagely murder their own team a couple times a year and both will heroically win a couple games a year for their team.  It's a crappy situation for the teams because both QBs will get their team enough Ws so they won't get a high draft pick, but they're not winning a championship with either QB unless the rest of the team is terrific. They're very unlikely to get a better QB with a middling draft pick (unless they find a diamond in the rough) and they're very unlikely to find a better QB in free agency.  I guess what I'm trying to say is welcome to perpetual mediocrity, Chicago.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Priefer's response was heavy on 'family', I wonder if he really does suffer from "heteronormativity."

Got a good playoff buzz around the whole county down here ... except it looks frickin' cold as hell in Ohio for Sunday. Playoffs ... can't believe it!

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.