Weird News Stories

ShadySands

On the national news, they showed a photo of two of those women Marines standing at the POA, looking every bit as buff as the males around them. 

That is awesome, and seriously impressive, congratulations to them. An 03- capable female Marine ... warms my heart.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It certainly does not warm my heart when women want to be hired murderers as much as men.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It certainly does not warm my heart when women want to be hired murderers as much as men.

The CIA has three candidates, two men and a woman, for one assassin position.

On the final day of testing, the CIA proctor leads the first male candidate to a large steel door and hands him a gun. "We must know that you will follow our instructions, regardless of the circumstances," he explains. "Inside this room, you will find your wife sitting in a chair. Take this gun and kill her."

The man is horrified, "You can't be serious! I could never shoot my wife!"

"Well," says the proctor, "you're definitely not the right man for this job then."

The CIA proctor leads the second male candidate to another large steel door and hands him a gun. "We must know that you will follow instructions, no matter what the circumstances," the proctor explains. "Inside this room, you will find your wife sitting in a chair. Take this gun and kill her."

The second man steadies himself, takes the gun and enters the room. After three quiet minutes, the man exits the room with tears in his eyes. "I wanted to do it -- I just couldn't pull the trigger and shoot my wife. I guess I'm not the right man for the job."

Finally, the CIA proctor leads the female candidate to yet another large steel door and hands her a gun. "We must be sure that you will follow instructions, no matter what the circumstances. Inside this room, you will find your husband sitting in a chair. Take this gun and kill him."

The woman takes the gun, enters the room, and before the door even closes completely behind her, she's fired off six shots. Then all hell breaks loose behind the door -- cursing, screaming, crashing. Suddenly, all goes quiet.

The door opens slowly, the woman exits, and wiping the sweat from her brow, she says, "Did you guys know the gun was loaded with blanks? I had to beat the son of a bitch to death with the chair!"

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 5

I see no accomplishment in trying mimic the worst in men: the blood lust, the desire to kill. It is a primal force that all humans are capable of once you strip just that, their humanity.

What would warm my heart would be investment bankers turning into nurses, assassins turned into monks and nuns and mercenaries becoming doctors. No matter their sex.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

assassins turned into monks and nuns

I'd rather they stay assassins, they'd be less dangerous to society that way.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I see no accomplishment in trying mimic the worst in men: the blood lust, the desire to kill. It is a primal force that all humans are capable of once you strip just that, their humanity.

What would warm my heart would be investment bankers turning into nurses, assassins turned into monks and nuns and mercenaries becoming doctors. No matter their sex.

This really gave me a good laugh. Have some points or cookies or something. You sound very pious.

It's not a desire to kill that's being proven. It's the right to shoulder the burden of doing so.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thanks for the cookie.

I still do not see anything beautiful in trying to prove that you can shoulder the burden to heinous actions. I rather see them being high on mushrooms in a wheat field and being in love with everything. Oh well.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Thanks for the cookie.

I still do not see anything beautiful in trying to prove that you can shoulder the burden to heinous actions. I rather see them being high on mushrooms in a wheat field and being in love with everything. Oh well.

And I'd like to be a hippo. A carnivorous hippo.

But neither is going to actually happen. The thing about evil is that it necessitates contact with evil to fend it off. But this isn't something to get frantic about.

You don't accuse cleaning of being pointless just because you tend to get dirty while carrying it out.

-Elwood Blues

I am not frantic, I am just telling the truth.

But as i said earlier, "oh well" :) 

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Got a little bit off-topic, sorry about that. But speaking of truths:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/charles-manson-79-marry-girlfriend-star-25-article-1.1526791

Love conquers all!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Thanks for the cookie.

If you lived in a country that was under real military threat you would understand the significance of military service and the fact that women want to be soldiers wouldn't be an unusual thought for you :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Thanks for the cookie.

If you lived in a country that was under real military threat you would understand the significance of military service and the fact that women want to be soldiers wouldn't be an unusual thought for you :)

We are all under threat. From Carnivorous hippos.

And by 'we' I mean 'you'. And by 'carnivorous hippos' I mean 'me when drunk'.

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

Thanks for the cookie.

We are all under threat. From Carnivorous hippos.

And by 'we' I mean 'you'. And by 'carnivorous hippos' I mean 'me when drunk'.

:lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Thanks for the cookie.

I live in Finland, so take a wild guess on the military threat. 

Also, we already had women in the army in the front line services way back when i did my time in there 10 years ago, that is also beside the point.

The point was, is that waving the flag for equality in something that is necessary evil is hardly something that would make you feel warm and fuzzy.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Thanks for the cookie.

Also, we already had women in the army in the front line services way back when i did my time in there 10 years ago, that is also beside the point.

The point was, is that waving the flag for equality in something that is necessary evil is hardly something that would make you feel warm and fuzzy.

Fair enough. :)

-Elwood Blues

Thanks for the cookie.

I hear what you are saying but I think you are missing my point. Most people who join there respective countries military services don't do it because they think it is a necessary evil or because they want to kill people. They do it primarily as a duty for the country and a calling. If you agree with that then having women as part of an army should be seen as commendable and no different to men serving in the armed forces

• Like 1

John Milton 

Thanks for the cookie.

I hear what you are saying but I think you are missing my point. Most people who join there respective countries military services don't do it because they think it is a necessary evil or because they want to kill people. They do it primarily as a duty for the country and a calling. If you agree with that then having women as part of an army should be seen as commendable and no different to men serving in the armed forces

but aren't you missing his point that it doesn't matter why they THINK they're doing it? His reaction depends on why HE thinks they're doing it.

-Elwood Blues

Thanks for the cookie.

but aren't you missing his point that it doesn't matter why they THINK they're doing it? His reaction depends on why HE thinks they're doing it.

Yes but if he is missing something that may change his reaction then the continued discussion is appropriate

John Milton 

Sky News - Scottish Independence Blue Print

Okay, maybe I'm being a bit biased, but with the amount of Scots in the past few government cabinets for the UK, and the mount of tax money that gets spent to provide all sorts of benefits and University tuition up north... If they go independent as they plan will they really be better off? Will it mean we stop having them interfering with our government down south? :p

By James Matthews, Scotland Correspondent

Better childcare, education and a reformed, fairer tax system are being promised under an independent Scotland.

Laying out his blueprint for Scotland's future, the First Minister, Alex Salmond, also said that each Scot would be £600 better off.

It is a figure which sharply contrasts with a Treasury analysis, which claims independence would cost the average Scot £1,000 in tax.

But at the launch event in Glasgow, Mr Salmond has robustly argued that Scotland's public finances are "healthier than those of the UK as a whole".

As a result of this, the Scottish National Party (SNP) blueprint says: "There will be no requirement for an independent Scotland to raise the general rate of taxation to fund existing levels of spending."

In the 670-page document entitled Scotland's Future - Your Guide Mr Salmond has vowed to end controversial and unpopular welfare reforms introduced by Westminster, including the bedroom tax and the Universal Credit System.

He has also pledged an independent Scotland would provide free childcare for all pre-school children. It also promised a cap on payday lenders - one policy he has in common with the Chancellor George Osborne.

Scotland's Future pinpoints "three overriding reasons" for Scotland to leave the UK - it will create a more democratic, prosperous and fair state.

Speaking at the launch Mr Salmond said: "Our vision is of an independent Scotland regaining its place as an equal member of the family of nations. However, we do not seek independence as an end in itself, but rather as a means to changing Scotland for the better.

"We know we have the people, the skills and resources to make Scotland a more successful country. What we need now are the economic tools and powers to build a more competitive, dynamic economy and create more jobs.

"This guide contains policies which offer nothing less than a revolution in employment and social policy for Scotland, with a transformational change in childcare at the heart of those plans.

Thousands of pro-independence campaigners march through Edinburgh

Pro-independence supporters march through Edinburgh in September

"Our proposals will make it far easier for parents to balance work and family life, and will allow many more people, especially women, to move into the workforce, fostering economic growth and helping to boost revenues - which will in itself help pay for the policy.

"With these policies, we can begin the job of undoing the damage caused by the vast social disparities which have seen the UK become one of the most unequal societies in the developed world."

The SNP also plans to keep the pound in a currency union with the Bank of England, although opponents claim there is no guarantee that the rest of the UK would find that acceptable.

The paper states "the pound is Scotland's currency just as much as it is the rest of the UK's" saying that an independent Scotland would also make a "substantial contribution" to a "sterling zone".

It also states that the membership of an independent Scotland in the European Union and Nato would continue, although critics point out that this cannot be guaranteed.

Under the proposals, if the people of Scotland vote for independence in a referendum then Scottish Independence Day would be March 24, 2016.

The date will resonate with the Scottish people as on March 24, 1707, the Act of Union, which joined the parliaments of England and Scotland, was signed.

Former chancellor Alistair Darling, who is also leader of the Better Together Campaign, accused Mr Salmond of asking people to buy a "one-way ticket to a very uncertain destination".

He said: "They have ducked the big questions like on currency: how can we guarantee to keep the pound and if we don't what currency will we use, will we have our own or will we join the Euro?

"Debt, defence, welfare, pensions: they haven't answered any of those questions and you would have thought that at this time we would get the answers we are entitled to."

He said that the referendum vote on September 16 next year would be closer than people thought - with 1 million of the 4 million electorate still undecided.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

This may sound a bit unexpected, but I don't WANT endless Tory governments here in the South. And I also don't want the poor bloody Scots to sign for a bum deal. Stronger together, I say.

But maybe that's something for its own thread.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues