Sports query: rugby

Walsingham

Under what circumstances are you allowed to pick up an opposing player and run off with him, screaming "wub wub wub wub wub wub"?

It's a tactic I only just thought of.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

There seems to be a local unisex rugby league in western Finland. I suspect that particular approach might come up there.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Is this where the old crack of "rugby is a game played by men with odd-shaped balls" comes into play?

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Under what circumstances are you allowed to pick up an opposing player and run off with him, screaming "wub wub wub wub wub wub"?

Surprisingly difficult to, er, carry off when the subject is 100+kg and doesn't really want to be picked up.

(Pretty sure it's illegal to lift an opponent deliberately)

We have a nude rugby league here. Yeah, the mind boggles.

One has to admit i've seen a few fly halves of late who've been disgustingly pretty, obviously it helps that these gentlemen have never had their faces flattened in the scrum, and so possess all of their own teeth, unbroken noses and normal ears. Even so it does seem to be a new breed playing the sport. Some of the blighters wear grooming products in their hair, very strange.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

There are many very good looking and athletically built Rugby players in the international circuit. They have ladies swooning all over them and its understandable :wub:

I think the days of assuming Ruby players need to look like Ogres are over

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Probably more of an AFL thing, I'd imagine.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think you're right about no lifting. :(

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.