Project Eternity @ Rezzed

5 districts definitely. However, I see 2 more that could potentially be districts as well.

1 greenlands/farmlands area to the north-east of the city. City outskirts basically.

1 area to the north-west under a cloud that looks like a small area (the cloud and shadow makes it look like a "slummy" area or some sort of Thief Guild area ^^ but that's because of the cloud shadow I would believe). It might also be part of the 2nd Layer district next (left) to the "City center".

Summary: 5-7 districts?

Edited by Osvir

I do like the organic nature of Defiance bay, you can see where and how it grew. From the central keep and curtain wall, probably expanding down to the river and slowly creeping over the island.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I love it, this makes me feel like one of those journos invited behind closed doors for a preview ... except I already have a reliable source at the developer who updates about every two weeks.  ;)  Can't wait to visit that bay city and the dungeons thereunder. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Finally could watch the video. Some things that stood out to me:

- "...doing critical shots to the head..." Sounds like called shots are in, mebbe? :D

- Leaving your mark on the world. "Major conflicts" sounds like you can have a hand in political events

- Very happy to hear the importance of dungeons for the game mentioned again. Even though Chris sounded admittedly clueless about Endless Paths and how that will fit into the game

Things I'm not so happy about:

- Animats. Infusing inanimate objects with souls seems like the wrong direction for this game; where the presence of souls in living beings is one thing that stands out. Such "animancy" is better left to steampunk settings

- Companions. I'm planning on using the Adventurer's Hall extensively, and it still seems very unclear how these two sorts of characters will go together in the game

btw thumbs up for the "passionate reactions" comment xD

- Companions. I'm planning on using the Adventurer's Hall extensively, and it still seems very unclear how these two sorts of characters will go together in the game

Similar with BG2. You will have your companions with the dialog and their quests as the default. The diference will be that unlike BG2 where you could create your own party in multiplayer and import it to the game, PE will allow you to do it in game.

Haven't watched the video yet, but the screens people are posting look interesting, especially the Defiance Bay one.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

When that music hit in the demo, dang, right in the soul. Any Soule fans who know which track it was off the top of their head?

Pity the demo didn't do actual gameplay, hopefully we'll get that soon when the vertical slice is done.

======================================
http://janpospisil.daportfolio.com/ - my portfolio
http://janpospisil.blogspot.cz/ - my blog

Nice, quite a bit of new info there, with a nice little demo at the end. Pity about the Q&A, even more so when you could pick CA drunk mind.

Defiance Bay looked interesting with several areas. The info about the player revisiting and seeing the mark they left on Defiance Bay was interesting.

All in all it looks like things are progressing smoothly in development, hopefully this continues.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Very nice. One question however (based on the expanded map we see at around the 37 minute mark,) I seem to remember being told at some point that the Dyrwood area was set in the southern hemisphere, with the equator to the north. Thus wouldn't it make more sense for the Vaillian Republics, and its darker complected natives to be to the north of the Dyrwood? Is this a product of the migration of nations that Mr Sawyer was referencing with the Elven shelterfolk, did the Vaillians also migrate southwards? They certainly seem to be favouring warmer, more european clothing than the more mediterranean garbed Aedyreans.

The dominant human ethnicity among Vailians is Calbandra (Ocean Folk).   They are originally from the "warm ring" (equator) but migrated thousands of years ago.  Old Vailia is actually even farther south than the Vailian Republics.  The Dyrwood is warm compared to Old Valia and cool compared to Aedyr.

• Like 2

Ah yes I remember the Warm Ring reference now, much obliged.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!