La neuvième art (comics you've been reading)

Agiel

Picked up Copperhead #1. Looks very promising, reads sort of like a Space Western and is easy on the eyes.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

haven't actually been reading it, but Original Sin sounds like its had some interesting developments for the Marvel universe.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Not super duper avant garde, but I just discovered the New 52 Swamp Thing. Read the first trade, now I'm hooked. Could be because the cute girl at the comic shop keeps telling me she likes my t-shirt (artsy God of Thunder, yesterday), but now I have to get the others. Current issue is 33, or 34, something like that, starting in 2011, with I think two more trades on sale now before the next one in December. Great story, so far. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Sirens and Multiversity were awesome this week.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

• 3 weeks later...

Black Mask just announced a load of interesting titles.

http://blackmaskstudios.com/2014/10/08/welcome-to-black-mask-2-0/

Sinatoro is finally happening!

Edited by KaineParker

Favorite announcement so far from NYCC, Wonder Woman '77 digital comic, with a paper trade early next year, featuring the likeness of the original all-natural-super-babe-still-mega-hot to this day, Lynda Carter. Awesome.

WonderWoman77_colorB_zps6da2bcc5.jpg

Art by Nicola Scott

All Stop. On Screen.

• 2 months later...

After 23 years I finished reading the Battle Angel Alita / Last Order story. First published in 1991 by Viz comics and I still have all the original issues back then when they first came out, the last volume was published this year in 2014. Definitely one of the longest running and best story I've ever read. Felt a bit sad when it came to an end. :(

Fortunately, the ending opened it up for a new series and Yukito Kishiro will be continuing Alita in a new story. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thor. Was pumped for, like, eight months. I love the Goddess of Thunder. And then today's issue, the big reveal ... I literally closed the book, looked up, let out a big sigh and thought, whatever. It wasn't disappointing, I don't know, I was more thrilled to see Natasha have a speaking line of dialogue than to know who Lady Thor is. And what's with this Secret Wars nonsense, why is everything changing or ending or rebooting or whatever. A-Force better have She-Hulk and Natasha kicking ass or I'm done with being infatuated with strong female superheroes who can kick my ass.  

All Stop. On Screen.

And what's with this Secret Wars nonsense, why is everything changing or ending or rebooting or whatever. A-Force better have She-Hulk and Natasha kicking ass or I'm done with being infatuated with strong female superheroes who can kick my ass.  

Marvel is - more or less - ending their multiverse (as it is now).  For about 6 months almost every title will be tied - in some way - to the new Battleworld that was created by Dr. Doom manipulating the end of the universe.

Its my understanding that the Ultimates line will end and be incorperated into the new Marvel U.  It is heavily rumored that the X-Titles will end up with their own universe to play with (whether it be a literal universe, their own planet, whatever) and FF is being split up for an unknown amount of time.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 3 weeks later...

I'm convinced this character event is why, in Empire, Lando greets Han on Bespin with, "You've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here, after what you pulled." 

or, not even close ... Lando actually says, "Why you slimy double-crossing no-good swindler ... you got a lotta guts comin' here after what you pulled ...

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

So I picked up Providence and was quite impressed. Alan Moore may be a crazy old bastard, but the man can write quite well.

MAR150952.jpg

What's it about? I might pick it up.

It's a 12-issue Lovecraftian horror series. Hard to give a complete synopsis right now, but the first issue was very good looking.

Finally caught up on my massive pile of floppies, including this perfect likeness of Darth Vader, featuring inimitable evil, an attractive doctor, and the moral opposites of C-3PO and R2, channeling a bit of HK-47.  :p

aatriplezero_zpsiikrcfcf.png

bbtriplezero_zpsk8zups7n.png

cctriplezero_zpsdztnslxw.png

All Stop. On Screen.

• 4 months later...

New Pun Pun announced today, to be written by a female ... the first and only for a male character in Marvel's All New All Different campaign. Couple that with B-Dubs returning soon, I'm set for 2016 serial content ... Punisher, Black Widow, SW, and WW ... since my green girl Jen in A-Force is the closest thing to an ongoing She-Hulk likely until who-knows-ever.     

All Stop. On Screen.

Been trying to catch up on Thor and such. Just finished up to Fear Itself and the first arc afterwards of Journey Into Mystery. Kid Loki is a great character.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

A Train Called Love.

It was damn good and leauges better than the cape**** being pumped out.