Hey guys,

After reading most of the discussions on this post and
seeing the same answers, I think it’s time we ask Ubisoft to do something! A lot
of people have put pre-orders for this game, so that equals people’s money
being thrown in for a game that doesn’t have official release date.  Most games with dates haven’t even got game
footage (AC4) while South Park is most likely close to finished and nothing to
show. I was thinking starting a petition to get some answers but I don’t know
which would be the best option. I was thinking a Facebook page to get likes, I want
to start something that would get Ubisoft’s attention. If anyone has better
ideas please let me know!

Thanks

La Resistance

Honestly, it will come. I'm guessing Ubi Soft is currently figuring out how to go ahead with the marketing strategy and all kinds of other stuff with the game.

I'm really eager to see more of the game as well, don't get me wrong. But I'm sure there's a lot of boring ol' company work behind the scenes that needs to be figured out. Marketing, figuring out a release date which makes sense for Ubi Soft, etc.

But yeah, I certainly hope we will see something fairly soon.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I don't think the chances of Ubisoft doing something about it is big, but I agree, I've waited too log for this game and really don't care if it is going to be release in the end of the year, I just want some official information, plus, we don't have anything to lose anyway. Besides facebook, i think the best way we draw Ubisoft's attention is by twitter, but i don't think this petition should look like a big think, because if it does, I believe Ubi will see it like a group of annoyed posers of the game, and won't do anything about it.

YES! I want some official information on this game. I'm not sure if you actually made it or not, but, there's a petition on twitter that I signed. I also re-tweeted it, so hopefully they will get the message. I  also heard of the release date being on April 29th, that is a tuesday. Of course, that is not official. If you have an Xbox Live account, my GT is "South Park TSOT" which pretty much shows how much I wanna play this game. I check these forums everyday, so if i'll help you get more signatures on that petition. 

YES! I want some official information on this game. I'm not sure if you actually made it or not, but, there's a petition on twitter that I signed. I also re-tweeted it, so hopefully they will get the message. I  also heard of the release date being on April 29th, that is a tuesday. Of course, that is not official. If you have an Xbox Live account, my GT is "South Park TSOT" which pretty much shows how much I wanna play this game. I check these forums everyday, so if i'll help you get more signatures on that petition. 

3 things:

1st. I hope this petition I signed goes some where. However I don't think it will. The speculation on this game and its delay has been getting increasingly negitive and Ubisoft has felt no need to do anything about it yet.

2nd. April 29th is a monday not a tuesday. I dont know why games release that way in the US but it seems to be the case.

3rd. I highly doubt this game will release this april. Between the other titles coming out this April, mostly Defiance which is making a lot of buzz. And the fact no offical word is yet out. Yeah I dont think April is the month for this game. Ubisoft would want the word out about the release to capitalize on their investment and to get people like me to re-preorder the game.

• 7 months later...

if you watch the interview with the creators on youtube, they state they are not allowing it to be released until THEY are satisfied with it, they have been working on it daily getting it tweeked just right, so let them finish it fully, instead of trying to rush them into an early release, games released too early are bugged out and problematic, and then everyone complains about them being unfinished and buggy, if people would let the developers finish their work before release maybe these things wouldnt happen, so i say chill out and let it be. it will come in its own time, when they are ready to release it not before.

Welcome doomgarg!

At the time this came up, Ubisoft had recently purchased the rights to publish SoT, and we weren't hearing anything from them. Since then SoT has appeared at a couple of conventions, a few videos were released and a we've had a couple of release dates.

Unfortunately, the SP forum here only seems to get some activity whenever some sporatic news, the odd interview or a video comes out. Hence, there are some dated threads if the first couple of pages. I'm sure it will pick up though once the full PR machine comes into play as it's getting ready to be released though, and more news, footage and ads come out for it.

Edited by babaganoosh13
  • Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

• 4 weeks later...

A release date is a damned dangerous thing. I'm happier with them keeping it internal and doing the coding properly.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

From my understanding, its not the coding or bugs holding it back, its because trey and matt keep wanting to add and change things. They keep adding/tweeking/changing the actual story so its hard for the developer to "finish" it when its constantly being tweeked and changed.

• Like 1

Since they've sent it in to the ESRB, hopefully they're pretty much all done with adding content.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33231&Title=

• Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Since they've sent it in to the ESRB, hopefully they're pretty much all done with adding content.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33231&Title=

That or they're trolling the ESRB.

EDIT: You guys have to read that link. It's hilarious.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

At this point the release date is pretty much set on March 4, 2014 as I have read on numerous places online as well as in the official trailer, so I don't know what the issue is. As a customer, you are pre-ordering meaning you are making an order before the actual release of the game. Before the release of the game can mean a week before or a year before. It is what it is and you cannot dictate a gaming company to change their marketing plan simply because you are curious when the game is coming out. If you don't want to be unsure then don't pre-order the game. Still, you pre-ordered it knowing the situation that the game's development was in and no release date was present when you pre-ordered it.

When working on console titles (specifically Sony) you must have an age rating before you can submit for certification gold status.  Microsoft will let you do optional pre-submissions without the age rating just to see what issues are present and must be resolved before release to the public.  Meaning - we can't release the game until we have the ratings for all of the local regions the title will be release in.

Also, you can't submit to the ESRB until you have all core content in the game so they can view and rate it.

I'm curious about the gameplay that was shown in the video. It seems that there are good transitions from set pieces to combat (in keeping with turn-based RPG traditions), but what about the transitions to and from the set pieces? Again, from the posted video, it seems that there is a high ratio of scripted cinematics to actual gameplay. Is this a good indication of what the final gameplay will be like, i.e. story progression primarily from being led from combat setting to combat setting, or will there be more player choice in story progression?

If petitions to Ubisoft worked I would be playing Beyond Good and Evil 2 now.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.