Pictures of your games part 2

Rosbjerg

Press z to turn it on/off.

Thanks, but that's really not the point. Skyrim had a similar thing going on - not trails, but follow-me markers. If a game is well designed that sort of thing shouldn't be necessary at all.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah but it's a mmo with many different pathways and crowds of others playing with you (at least in outside areas), it would be different if its a scripted cinematic single player game

I'm pretty confident that everyone who initially played WoW made do without line trails telling them where to go. I say initially because I know they've changed the game dramatically and it may be different now. :shifty:

I just object to the developer notion that players are too dense to figure out where to go themselves, if, as I said, it's a well designed system. Assuming that, it's typically more that players are too impatient. imo. Games have become too streamlined in this way ... being an MMO isn't an excuse.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sadly, most of them new generation gamers need/want/demand "hand holding" in games. Which leads them to become even more lazier and not capable of thinking out the easiest of puzzles/situations.

I saw many players in my Turkish forums who couldn't even get past Skyrim's first dungeons puzzles without help from youtube...

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

I'll admit that I don't mind the option of hand holding, it's just that most games are already so simplified that it just isn't necessary, on the other hand I really hate it when you can't disable the stuff ....

Ok, going to post a Defiance screenshot so I can reply to the "simplyfication" discussion without feeling guilty ;)

I have less and less patience to spend too much time searching. I don't need a light-trail to guide me places, but I do want at least some sort of reference.

Currently playing Defiance, where some of the daily contracts can be Kill Raider Blasters at Farms. Just that the farms aren't labeled on the map. So you have to search for / remember the location of the two or three farms that are under raider attack or have been taken over by raiders. Fair enough. A bit annoying that raiders killed in the fields just outside the farms don't count. They have to be at the farms themselves. But fair enough.

When it tells you to kill x number of enemy type y in the Sausalito area, but the game does not indicate when you have changed area from Sausalito to Marin... that is annoying.

Anyway, the screenshot:

defiance201305090026565.jpg

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'll admit that I don't mind the option of hand holding, it's just that most games are already so simplified that it just isn't necessary, on the other hand I really hate it when you can't disable the stuff ....

Yeah...that's sorta it for me too. I don't mind general markers on a map, say, because if I really want, I don't have to look at the map.

And I'm not trying to rag specifically on Neverwinter...it's becoming more common in a lot of games I've been trying. Giant colored "within this area" circles, path lines, all quest items highlighted so you can't miss them, and so on. For me that takes away a lot of the satisfaction of completing an objective. *shrug*

Never been to Act3 in PoE before (didn't exist at one time...). (oops meant Act3 not Act2 .. fixed)

Aha, the overwhelm you with numbers trick...

poe-b-0035a.jpg

poe-b-0034a.jpg

...not as bad as it looks, just funny. I do need better gear now tho...

Edited by LadyCrimson

Guest Slinky

Benny Hill theme started to play in my head.

Would try PoE myself but the camera is waayyyy too close to ground for my liking, would annoy the crap out of me.

Benny Hill theme started to play in my head.

Would try PoE myself but the camera is waayyyy too close to ground for my liking, would annoy the crap out of me.

I don't think it's that much closer of a viewpoint than Diablo3 was. Maybe a little, but not much. Sometimes size of the surrounding features make it look closer than it really is (like really wide cobble roads). I was probably zoomed in a little for the above screens, too.

D3-PoE.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson

Maybe it's not much closer, but when playing it definitely feels too close. I always get this strange claustrophobic feeling when playing Path of Exile, a feeling I haven't had since playing those crappy old IE games of the past.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Maybe it's not much closer, but when playing it definitely feels too close. I always get this strange claustrophobic feeling when playing Path of Exile, a feeling I haven't had since playing those crappy old IE games of the past.

I do know what you mean...tho I mostly feel like that in PoE's caverns, the ones where the twisty tunnels make it impossible to see enemies in certain corners etc. Outdoors/most room-dungeons are fine. And I still think it's mostly their artwork scale in some places. Diablo doesn't have dozens of towering tree trunks that go "offscreen", for example, trying to give a sense of scale or something, or those spaghetti narrow, high walled caverns.

*snip

Did this one yesterday night. Crazy Adventures of Yes the Kobold would be a more fitting name ^_^

And those pigs(cannon fodders) are no laughing matter when you face them in dungeon. :biggrin:

Having fun with foundry stuff, me and some of my friends decided to do a chain of quest involving assasination contratcs(if we can stay away from alcohol...). Probably going to have tons of easter eggs from AC, Hitman, Thief series and some from Dark Brotherhood. :)

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

I liked the Kobold one enough to give the creator a 50 diamond tip, first time I did that. Light fun. I should look at the Foundry tools ... maybe if you design a fun quest or three you'd make a little currency over time.  :)

Sighs... I think I need to get a new life :p

Spent 200 hours on FFXIII-2 alltogether...

post-22494-0-99040600-1368648951_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours