Non-battle companions

This may sound kind of stupid but what do you think of having a group of smaller /sub companions, that woudn't be used in battle and general adventuring, but yet woudn't be complitly pointless .Something similar to Suikoden ,

Assuming you get a stronghold, you could recruit a bunch of characters, a shopkeeper , a blacksmith, a cook, and so one every one would have some function that would add to stronghold, and maybe even make so that you could take one on normal adventuring and get some uttilty abilite ( either by puting such non-battle in one companion slot, or making something similar to what they did in Might and magic 7 were there was one slot for just such character.) for example, you can only make use crafting near special place , but with blacksmith you can do it anywhere, and so on.

• Like 2

I take james the manservant everywhere, why else do you think my cape keeps billowing so smoothly?

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I would like that. Not everyone you know has to join you in battle. What if you meet a mage that is great at creating artefacts and the like, but hasn't been in many battles? Maybe he/she would still be interested to help in his/her own way.

They had something comparable with the camp companions in DA. I could imagine hiring a few henchmen guards to protect the loot, a cook, animal handlers, and so forth.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It would seem to me personally useless to tag along on adventure with some extra pack mule without much personality or at least story/character impact, but to individually hire the likes of crafters, cooks smiths and other servants for your own keep to maintain would not be bad idea, since you would have some choice in choosing your staff instead of having automaticaly assigned group of random employees.

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

Whether or not they should adventure with you, and exactly what benefits and what types of "companions" definitely depends on various separate factors in the design of P:E, but, assuming we're going to consider those in the implementation of this idea, whatever they may be, I give it a giant waving foam thumbs up.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

My inclination would be yes to characters being around camps/bases or whatever, but bearing in mind the structure of this game, I wouldn't want them literally following me around for any large amounts of time, that's just an accident waiting to happen.

Kids. Would be awesome to have some kid around in the group.

What for? Extra mouths to feed that bring no utility to what has officially been stated to be a combat-centric game? Do you want to bugger them? Or to kill them? I don't recall anyone at Obsidian announcing that P:E would be a child-rearing simulation.

What for? Extra mouths to feed that bring no utility to what has officially been stated to be a combat-centric game? Do you want to bugger them? Or to kill them? I don't recall anyone at Obsidian announcing that P:E would be a child-rearing simulation.

Human Sacrifice?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Human Sacrifice?

Send them out as scouts. :w00t:

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for.

Human Sacrifice?

Send them out as scouts. :w00t:

"Gained Reputation Status: 'Evil, Itself, Thinks You're Sick'."

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u