Anime - the emotional rolercoaster.

TrashMan

Second season of Knights of Sidonia has started and it's good. If it continues on this level it might become one of my favourites.

Where are you watching this? The site I usually go to has what feels like a butchered translation.

http://www.animecenter.tv/

they have HD versions too

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

• 1 month later...

Kekkai Sensen finale is being delayed a second week in a row... It seems that the last episode is going to be over 30 minutes long if the rumors are true.

Apart from that a new season of anime has started. So far there are few pilots that scratched my interested but nothing overwhelming.

I can recommend you guys Gangsta., the animations is good and I know the story is good as I read the manga. As for the rest I need to watch a few more episodes.

Also rewatched Rebuild of Eve 3.33, when is 3.0+1.0 going to come out...

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

hahaha, that new one "simonetta... something" is hillarious. it shows how the world will be if it becomes the politically correct utopia the feminazi want it to be.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I allowed to talk about non-Japanese animation? Just try and stop me!

I may or may not have just bought all three seasons of Batman: The Animated Series. Over 30 hours of Bruce Timm/Paul Dini goodness.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just finished Cowboy Bebop for the first time, believe it or not. It's a great anime, I can see why it's a classic, though I'm not digging the ambiguous ending. I would have much preferred them going off in to the sunset (or in this case the stars), then what we got, but hey I know people like bummer endings. I'm going to watch the movie next.

Also there are interesting theories on the net about the series, as there always are with popular shows, too bad the creator killed all of them by saying: "I've never officially said that he died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead."

Edited by Sarex

Just finished Cowboy Bebop for the first time, believe it or not. It's a great anime, I can see why it's a classic, though I'm not digging the ambiguous ending. I would have much preferred them going off in to the sunset (or in this case the stars), then what we got, but hey I know people like bummer endings. I'm going to watch the movie next.

Also there are interesting theories on the net about the series, as there always are with popular shows, too bad the creator killed all of them by saying: "I've never officially said that he died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead."

the anime has a "noir" style to it so it's not unusual to have that kind of ending.

Gate is toned down heavily compared to the manga. in the goth-loli intoduction scene, the anime had a mildly violent fight scene, the manga had much harder stuff, like a bandit begging for his life saying that he didnt kill or rape anyone, he was new to this and he was still a virgin... so she dragged and tossed in front of him the corpse of a woman the bandit group had killed a bit earlier and told him he had one last chance to lose his virginity before dying

-Teknoman2-

the anime has a "noir" style to it so it's not unusual to have that kind of ending.

Gate is toned down heavily compared to the manga. in the goth-loli intoduction scene, the anime had a mildly violent fight scene, the manga had much harder stuff, like a bandit begging for his life saying that he didnt kill or rape anyone, he was new to this and he was still a virgin... so she dragged and tossed in front of him the corpse of a woman the bandit group had killed a bit earlier and told him he had one last chance to lose his virginity before dying

Wait, is the anime based on the manga? I thought it was the other way around.

Zjzkz7j.png

No defense.

edit: I'm going to give Samurai Champloo a rewatch, I'm kind of in the mood for it after this.

Edited by Sarex

I didn't get past the first episode of Bebop but I did like Champloo

Maybe I'll give it another go when I get some time

Well after watching Bebop I can see a lot of things that Champloo lifted from it, also Firefly straight up copied most of it.

Wait, is the anime based on the manga? I thought it was the other way around.

Zjzkz7j.png

No defense.

edit: I'm going to give Samurai Champloo a rewatch, I'm kind of in the mood for it after this.

the anime needs 24 episodes to get to where the manga is and the manga is still ongoing. btw the goth loli is about 950 years old and in the manga she acts her age despite her looks... i wonder if they will keep the same personality in the anime

-Teknoman2-

Watched Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki. It's about a mother raising two half wolf children alone. Highly recommend it.

the anime needs 24 episodes to get to where the manga is and the manga is still ongoing. btw the goth loli is about 950 years old and in the manga she acts her age despite her looks... i wonder if they will keep the same personality in the anime

Can you link me to the manga on something like mangaupdates.com or even amazon?

you should :yes:

-Teknoman2-