Huzzah! $3m on KS. Any word on the paypal numbers?

$74,208 last known amount from 5:45 pm EDT yesterday.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Now imagine if the final product had 3 million sales :p

No traditional wizard worth his pointy hat could possibly work by the light of pure, smooth, dare one say virgin undribbled candles. It would just not look right. The ambience would be totally shattered. And when it did happen, the luckless wizard would mess about, as people do, with matchsticks and bent paperclips, to try to get nice little dribbles and channels of wax, as nature intended. However, this sort of thing never really works and invariably ends with wax all over the carpet and the wizard setting himself on fire. Candle dribbling, it has been decreed, is a job for a dribbler. – Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals.

They need to do something to really whip up a frenzy in the last couple of days. There has been a couple of noticeable spikes after updates, notably the update offering Wasteland 2 at the higher tiers and the update with the screenshot and lore information.

They'll get a big spike in pledges for the last couple of days anyway but to really finish strongly I think they need to pull something else out of the hat.

I know they've said there will be no more stretch goals but I actually think there's (an outside) chance we could have a huge last couple of days and end up a fair bit over $3.5m. Another stretch goal at $3.6m or $3.7m would be cool. You never know. I'd like to see a few more companions.

Either way, the mega dungeon is going to end up very deep indeed. :D

Feargus was hinting at doing something involving the screenshot already posted in the end. Not for sure anymore it has been a few days.

First look at the character models?

More likely is that they'll animate it. The waterfall, etc.

Edited by Infinitron

Three million! Great! :)

As for Monday surprise.. some lore on that second big city would be very welcome. Make us see what we'd be missing out on and go for it.

As for other stretch goals, I was thinking the same but I guess they better point all the attention and excitement to that 3.5 million. One solid target, no distractions. Adding more stuff to the 3.5 million goal could be good, though.

Feargus was hinting at doing something involving the screenshot already posted in the end. Not for sure anymore it has been a few days.

First look at the character models?

More likely is that they'll animate it. The waterfall, etc.

Yeah, that sound more probable. Would love to see that, too.

:dancing:

Three million! Great! :)

As for Monday surprise.. some lore on that second big city would be very welcome. Make us see what we'd be missing out on and go for it.

As for other stretch goals, I was thinking the same but I guess they better point all the attention and excitement to that 3.5 million. One solid target, no distractions. Adding more stuff to the 3.5 million goal could be good, though.

We asked about the second city at the last Q&A. Adam Josh said they didn't even have the first big city planned out yet but as for the second one he mentioned...... let me see if I can find it.

defaultavitar.gif

Josh Sawyer: too early to talk about our first big city, sorry. :) but if we get the second big city funded, it will likely be very different from the first, possibly one of the vailian republics or a city on the pearl coast.

fb_share2.png

Edited by Loranc

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

I think we're at $3.075.000 with paypal money.

The last number was actually 75.something.

$3,081,415 (We've gone up 9.1k in the last hour)