The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU!

Hey obsid, you should make NPCs out of order members, I'll expect my character to be:

-Named, complete w/ title

-Either sprawled on the ground or against a tree, full of arrows

'kay?

Edited by Syraxis

Hey obsid, you should make NPCs out of order members, I'll expect my character to be:

'kay?

Nah. Most of us if not all of us desire nothing in joining. The only purpose is to help Obsidian not seeking personal gain. The titles thing on here was Obsidians choice and something they did out of kindness of their hearts. Something they never had to do for us to increase our support in the first place.

• Like 1

'kay?

I think that might be a bit immersion breaking but a mention of the order in the game would be awesome!

Nah. Most of us if not all of us desire nothing in joining. The only purpose is to help Obsidian not seeking personal gain. The titles thing on here was Obsidians choice and something they did out of kindness of their hearts. Something they never had to do for us to increase our support in the first place.

Ahh, now you made me feel bad for wishing for more :banghead: BAD CRASH TEST DUMMY

Edited by LLNephilim

Chief Crash Test Dummy of the Obsidian Order!

Testing is my life! Join us for more testing!

'kay?

I agree here, the titles were a great gift already. Custom NPCs would dangerously start to look like a hidden reward tier, which never was the idea. Just a fun and cheap (for each of us) way to add some more to the final funding.

Mascot of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

Come on and join the Order or no petting for you !

~~ What can change the nature of a Man ? ~~

Wow! That's the only thing I can say at the moment. When I came up with the idea, my fear was how people would response. Would they recognize it as another kind of stupid german money or what? I posted my thoughts on kickstarter and before I returned to the comments this idea has already been picked up by the first supporters. That gave me confidence to open this thread. I went off to some real life business and now... This is simply amazing, you are amazing! :)

I love to see all the commitment to the project and the creativity, for example when people choose their new title and simply have fun. That's what I hoped for, but had never expected to happen so fast. People picked up the idea instantly, with Chad aka Crabby_Bastard helping me with the intro text, dlux constantly updating the member list, Alper autonomously creating this special site... Wow, that's great. Love to be part of this amazing community. You made my day, and I hope you enjoy it, too. Thanks to your commitment, Project Eternity will be something very, very special.

Farudan

Caretaker of the Obsidian Order

• Like 6

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

'kay?

I think that might be a bit immersion breaking but a mention of the order in the game would be awesome!

Yeah, there could be some random encounter with the Order. It could be as crazy as the encounter with King Arthur's Knights in Fallout 2 :D That'd be both awesome and hilarious.

And yeah, Obsidian didn't have to recognize the Order at all and it's very, very nice of them they did. So there's definitely no pressure to gain even more recognition. We all simply wish this game to happen.

But hey... we're a bunch of fanboys/fangirls fantasizing about a fantastic game that we are all waiting for. I think there's nothing bad in making wild wishes aloud, now is it? :)

Edited by leshy

Red Mage of the Obsidian Order

www.cherrytreestudio.eu

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

Red Mage, Episode 835: Refining Moment

Sadly, I can't go higher than my current $281 pledge. That's as much as I could put in, because that's all I have on my card right now, heh.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I think noone of us would actually mind a little (easteregg?) reference to the Obsidian Order ingame.

BUT I also think we shouldn't ask for anythink. Giving us unique titles on the forums already is really awesome!

We startet doing this without asking for anykind of physical or digital reward and it should always stay this way. This is about fun and supporting the project, nothing else. :)

And again BUT... maybe we can get enough members to reach additional $5000 to create a Adventuring Company (the reward tier) as a group if we could somehow manage that. That would be pretty damn amazing.

Companion Cube of the Obsidian Order

Need a companion? Or a cube? Join the Order now!

Welcome to the order, JWestfall! :yes:

@ Lexx: I think you've done enough for our cause through pledging 281$. ;)

@ Kabraxis: I would really be thrilled if the Order could gather $5000 but that's still a long way to go. And I would go completely bananas if Obsidian would decide to give the Order whatsoever tribute in the game. :bow:

And:

Long live Farudan, Caretaker of the Obsidian Order!

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

This is such an excellent idea to get the community cough up cash for the project. I just can't see spending more. I'll probably add another thirty-five bucks today, but that will be as a gift for someone else. That will bring my total up way higher than I can reasonably explain. ...But I'll definitely lift up a glass to the Order and feast them wherever and whenever we meet!

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

We welcome our newest member: JWestfall, Beer Taster of the Obsidian Order !!

Sadly, I can't go higher than my current $281 pledge. That's as much as I could put in, because that's all I have on my card right now, heh.

I see an $8 pledge in there! Welcome to the Obsidian Order of Eternity! Please brother, choose a title! :)

Hmm, thinking I should join...

Choose a title, developers at Obsidian are always welcome to join our Order! :D

Edited by dlux

:closed:

Kindess for 8$ a person.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Kindess for 8$ a person.

That was OUR IDEA. Not Obsidian's.

Hi, I've upped my pledge can I be Sistergoldring of the Obsidian Order of Ni?

You need to choose a title: Sistergoldring, <TITLE> of the Obsidian Order (of Eternity) :)

I'm proud to be part of this community :)

Nimo, Librarian of the Obsidian Order.

Welcome Nimo, Librarian of the Obsidian Order! :)