Sex and Romance Poll

Romance Poll  

530 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Sex/Romance you want to see in the game?

• I want homosexual options of romance\sex
    • I want male filled testosterone kind of sex/romance, lots of cleavage and hot girls
    • I want a more Intellectual kind of sex\romance, with lots of interesting dialogue, quests and well behaved characters
    • None of the above
    • All of the above except for the 4 option

Holy ****, you guys.

You have been 23 entire pages, and over 440 replies, arguing over whether romances are a good thing to have in the game or not. And out of all those posts, practically none are productive. Most of them are a back-and-forth between a few people, always retreading the same points.

This is not a discussion, it's attrition warfare. Stop trying to convince each other, because you're clearly not going to ever do it. You're only going to reinforce the opinions of the other side.

Tha sad thing is, I have interest in character interactions in general, and thus I have some interest in seeing what could be done with player romances. But nothing productive is going to come out of discussions like this :facepalm:

You are not going to get anything productive from any thread in which there are more than one opinion. Romances? Multiplayer? Firearms? Races? You name it! :)

Stop trying to convince each other

I don't think anybody is trying to.

All I see are people rallying against another lame BioWare/Bethesda relationship-o-matic simulator for people who'd rather larp than play an old school pc game.

But nobody here is railing for Bioware/Bethesda-like romances. Those people would be playing Skyrim waiting DA3, we want quality romances Obsidian is known for. Like the ones in MoTB, Planescape Torment and KoTOR 2.

Statement: "Don't pursue romance in the game, if don't like it"

Answer: "Me no like womance!"

Statement: "Why do you want to have all possible human emotions, like anger, pride, rage, frustation, sorrow, disappointment, envy, regret, satisfaction, fear, etc. but have a problem with love, lust and passion?"

Answer: "womance dumb!"

Statement: "As you can see with this poll, many people enjoy well written and emotional romances in a game. What is wrong with that?"

Answer: "womance hurt head!"

Statment: "We are not demanding that romance should be in this game, but it is a feature that we would like to see becuase we enjoy it. Why do you do you so stubbornly demand that romance is not included in the game?"

Answer: "womance me nobody, no."

Oh yes, it is hopeless. :wowey:

Edited by dlux
  • Like 4

:closed:

But nobody here is railing for Bioware/Bethesda-like romances. Those people would be playing Skyrim waiting DA3, we want quality romances Obsidian is known for. Like the ones in MoTB, Planescape Torment and KoTOR 2.

The romances in Torment are "quality"? Really. How did they enhance your game. You kissed Annah and she sulks if you keep Fall From Grace in your party. Wow. Yeah. I can see why the inclusion of this "feature" is so important.

Statement: "Why do you want to all possible human emotions, like anger, pride, rage, frustation, sorrow, disappointment, envy, regret, satisfaction, fear, etc. but have

but have a problem with love, lust and passion.

Statement: "As you can see with this poll, many people enjoy well written and emotional romances in a game. What is wrong with that?"

Statment: "We are not demanding that romance should be in this game, but it is a feature that we would like to see becuase we enjoy it. Why do you do you so stubbornly demand that romance is not included in the game?"

Can I reduce your whole position into bull**** soundbites too?

Say no to popamole!

All I see are people rallying against another lame BioWare/Bethesda relationship-o-matic simulator for people who'd rather larp than play an old school pc game.

Yes those people are. They're saying the same thing they say over at those forums, is they want more romance. Here people are asking for romances that last throughout the entire game and are focused on throughout the entire story. Romances in PST and Kotor 2 weren't really good. I recently played Kotor 2. They were the exact same thing you see in present day Bioware romances, with there being 1 or 2 conversations before they're in love with you and want to have sex with you. Just there was no sex in Kotor 2. Just them being in love with you after 1 or 2 conversations. Edited by Grimlorn

Yes those people are. They're saying the same thing they say over at those forums, is they want more romance. Here people are asking for romances that last throughout the entire game and are focused on throughout the entire story. Romances in PST and Kotor 2 weren't really good. I recently played Kotor 2. They were the exact same thing you see in present day Bioware romances, with there being 1 or 2 conversations before they're in love with you and want to have sex with you. Just there was no sex in Kotor 2. Just them being in love with you after 1 or 2 conversations.

Could you please provide quotes for both of that statements. The ones for people asking for Bioware-like romances and the ones where people are asking for romances that are the focus of the story. I'll wait.

Edited by BasaltineBadger

KOTOR 2... Visas was creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Statement: "Why do you want to all possible human emotions, like anger, pride, rage, frustation, sorrow, disappointment, envy, regret, satisfaction, fear, etc. but have

but have a problem with love, lust and passion.

Yeah we have a problem with love, lust and passion because we'd rather experience those in the real world with real people instead of virtual characters that are falling over you after 1 or 2 conversations. So realistic.
  • Like 1

Yeah we have a problem with love, lust and passion because we'd rather experience those in the real world with real people instead of virtual characters that are falling over you after 1 or 2 conversations. So realistic.

¬.¬

If some people hadn't had the courage to ignore naysayers, we wouldn't be able to fly and later keep improving the technilogy for it.

Yes those people are. They're saying the same thing they say over at those forums, is they want more romance. Here people are asking for romances that last throughout the entire game and are focused on throughout the entire story. Romances in PST and Kotor 2 weren't really good. I recently played Kotor 2. They were the exact same thing you see in present day Bioware romances, with there being 1 or 2 conversations before they're in love with you and want to have sex with you. Just there was no sex in Kotor 2. Just them being in love with you after 1 or 2 conversations.

Could you please provide quotes for both of that statements. The ones for people asking for Bioware-like romances and the ones where people are asking for romances that are the focus of the story. I'll wait.

Keep waiting because it's been discussed to death here. Specifically, people have said they want romances that are apart of the storyline and integrated into it. You can read the thread if you want to find those statements. I won't do it for you.

People have stated they want romances that are a part of the story and more "mature" which is the exact same stuff that people at the Bioware forums ask for. The only problem is Bioware is so busy making it so you can romance every character in your party and making sure the LGBT crowd can also romance every character that they can't put a romance into the storyline of the game.

Edited by Grimlorn

Keep waiting because it's been discussed to death here. Specifically, people have said they want romances that are apart of the entire game. You can read the thread if you want to find those statements. I won't do it for you.

People have stated they want romances that are a part of the story and more "mature" which is the exact same stuff that people at the Bioware forums ask for. The only problem is Bioware is so busy making it so you can romance every character in your party and making sure the LGBT crowd can also romance every character that they can't put a romance into the storyline of the game.

Asking for romances to be a part of the story is not the same as asking them to be a focus of the story. For example in Alpha Protocol romance with Madison was part of the story but wasn't the focus and was entirely optional. And people asking for mature romances meant exactly the opposite of Bioware romances. People asking for mature romances on Bioware forum only prove that Bioware fans are dissatisfied with the current state of things, not that people here wants romances to be exactly like Bioware ones.

My girlfriend confessed her love for me on our first date after drinking contest in bar without any real conversations, so I agree that if you need to have one or two meaningful conversation before NPCs are falling over you is very unrealistic requirement.

Ultimately up to Sawyer IMO. Just don't write stuff just to strike egos (like you wrote in your blog rightfully), include homo/bi or WHATEVER if you see fit. Think the story, think how it buids the game/story and not the nerd conventions.

Though i'm sure you know this already but you, just in case you forget what it's like to be a human/start making bad compromises!! Or think that all the CRPG fans are alike/aren't level-head on this.

Whoa, i'm still wonderign if BG romances (or any) had Charisma restrictions/dependancy/requirements, would be kind of icky is there aren't any. get anyone you want, you are desirable etc

Edited by IEfan

¬.¬

If some people hadn't had the courage to ignore naysayers, we wouldn't be able to fly and later keep improving the technilogy for it.

Yes, that is the correct analogy, well done.

Say no to popamole!

Personally, I loved the romances in Baldur's Gate 2 (including Throne of Bhaal). They were well written, spanned many, many hours, and really got you involved in the relationship. However, even that paragon of romance writing was missing something which drove me and some other players to download 'extended romance mods'. I hope we can get an expansive romance story that includes both 'random' chats, as an option to initiate talks, and (of course?) sexual encounters.

****, Aerie getting pregnant in Throne of Bhaal was amazing.

• Like 1

My girlfriend confessed her love for me on our first date after drinking contest in bar without any real conversations, so I agree that if you need to have one or two meaningful conversation before NPCs are falling over you is very unrealistic requirement.

Let me get this straight. Your gf was drunk and desperate and told you she loved you, so that means it's realistic for normal people to have 1 or 2 conversations before being in love and having sex? Is that what you're saying?

Personally, I loved the romances in Baldur's Gate 2 (including Throne of Bhaal). They were well written, spanned many, many hours, and really got you involved in the relationship. However, even that paragon of romance writing was missing something which drove me and some other players to download 'extended romance mods'. I hope we can get an expansive romance story that includes both 'random' chats, as an option to initiate talks, and (of course?) sexual encounters.

****, Aerie getting pregnant in Throne of Bhaal was amazing.

10/10, whose alt is this?

PS the avatar makes this

• Like 1

Say no to popamole!

24 pages :blink:.

Most successful conversation, before pinned threads.

Well... it will anger the always angry nerd anyway but Obsidian better do an update on the matter to cash some money in.

The romances will probably be in, Obsidian will probably try to subvert big heroic cliche ("great life" quote suggest that) so they'll probably implement some romances with tragic endings. Something like Madison romance in AP.

Edited by BasaltineBadger

I wouldn't call this successful, nor a conversation...

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."