Halving your risk of depression

Walsingham

Obviously. As we all know, men have no emotions.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This is why I stopped paying much attention to health "news" or movements and just go with moderation and basic common sense. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have opted for a Chestertonian diet of beer, beef, and sarcasm.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I get my daily requirement of sarcasm from my spouse, which makes me laugh, and laughter is the best medicine, right? ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

:facepalm: So if fat women that are depressed because they have body image disorder stop eating red meat it's the meat that was staving off the depression. Seriously, who makes this stupid studies and more importantly who pays for them?
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I have to admit, I grin like a moron after I've eaten a good steak dinner, it's a rare treat though, if I ate it all the time I'd be even more overweight...probably not from the steak though, just all the chips, fried onions and mushrooms that go with it :grin:

I have to admit, I grin like a moron after I've eaten a good steak dinner, it's a rare treat though, if I ate it all the time I'd be even more overweight...probably not from the steak though, just all the chips, fried onions and mushrooms that go with it :grin:

I'm grinning like a moron just from hearing that.
  • Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

One is sometimes overtaken by the black dog, at such moments of introspection i simply have to tell myself that at least i'm not french.

Recently been tucking into some fine Fallow deer venison, superior to Roe or Red in my opinion.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I have opted for a Chestertonian diet of beer, beef, and sarcasm.

Beer and sarcasm is fine. Beef is often too much work. Unless somebody else prepares the meal of course.

Life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease. No matter what you do, in the end it will get you killed. MIght was well enjoy the ride, as you won't get refunds.

I'm having a helluva time finding a store with any decent Cognac anywhere here. Thats more whinging than depression though :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

How can BEEF of all meats be too much work? You don't even need to cook it!

-Elwood Blues

How can BEEF of all meats be too much work? You don't even need to cook it!

My South African colleagues swears Biltong is the best thing since the invention of beer, but I generally prefer my meat at least slightly cooked on the outside. I don't mind it being red and juicy to the point of going 'Mooh!' when I jab it with my fork, but uncooked? Not so sure.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've decided that perhaps this new info explains why eating a giant bag of beef jerky makes me happy.

...also, Gorth, what exactly is too much work for cooking beef? Versus what? I'll grant it's more work than eating an apple, but not more work than cooking chicken, pork, sausage, etc. At least in general. eg not going for a perfect chef creation, just tossing in a pan, in the oven or on the BBQ.

One is sometimes overtaken by the black dog, at such moments of introspection i simply have to tell myself that at least i'm not french.

:lol: This thread is over, Nonek wins!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

...also, Gorth, what exactly is too much work for cooking beef? Versus what?

Lets just say I'm an absolute disaster in a kitchen and anything involving machinery and/or heat is considered a serious challenge. If frying it on the pan, it's going to require my full attention and micromanagement from start to finish, or it will end up in blaze, as charcoal or other unimaginable horrors. Thats versus opening a can and eating it, putting it in the microwave and waiting elsewhere 5 minutes for the 'Ding!' or even better, go out and order it at a restaurant (which also requires less cleaning up afterwards) :)