Good old Games

Gorth

I bought the Steam version of it a long time ago. It's probably a good game, but some shortcomings on the technical side means I'll probably never get around to play it. Never even considered the sequel for the very reason (I need to change my GFX card to run in single GPU mode or half the visuals, including the entire UI disappears).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

:lol: Fortunately I haven't had the problem of having a too powerful computer/video card for a long time now.

A father is someone who has pictures in his wallet where his money used to be.

• Like 6

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

http://www.gog.com/promo/goodbye_deponia_launch_promo_191113

Buy Deponia 3 and get 1 & 2 free.   I feel vaguely disappointed in myself for not waiting until now to buy 1 & 2 :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The really good old games seem to be showing up very rarely on GoG nowadays. System Shock 2 was, I think, the last of the highly sought after titles. I suppose the rights to some games are so tangled up in legal issues that they may not be released for years to come.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

And finally it is over :)

Thankfully, started to drag on a bit there in the end...

@ Drowsy; Yup, still waiting for, say, No One Lives Forever. Or Rogue Squadron. Good games not found on any digital distributor :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The really good old games seem to be showing up very rarely on GoG nowadays. System Shock 2 was, I think, the last of the highly sought after titles. I suppose the rights to some games are so tangled up in legal issues that they may not be released for years to come.

Hi Drowsy darling :wub:

Nice to see you posting again. Where have you been?

And I see you still actively believe the infamous and flawed  " the glass is half empty " philosophy   :w00t:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well it had to happen eventually. I mean they're old games, you can't make new old games so you're going to run out of a large supply of old games that are good that haven't appeared yet on Good Old Games. Nowadays it's just good games that gradually become good old games trickling onto Good Old Games while we're busy playing good new games, some of which feel like old games because old games are the new new games.  

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 2

Jesus christ bruce, you might want to cover your eyes right about now. Boo ain't no cuddly laphamster.

Its impossible to gross me out with gayness now, I've played far too many of Bioware's newer games.

On topic: I'm not complaining about GoG. Its a great idea and its executed well. I just keep coming back to the site expecting a few unreleased classics, that have been in demand for a while now, and they're just not coming. Its either some game no one played when it was new a decade ago or a new indie title (that no one will be playing a week from release).

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Well it had to happen eventually. I mean they're old games, you can't make new old games so you're going to run out of a large supply of old games that are good that haven't appeared yet on Good Old Games. Nowadays it's just good games that gradually become good old games trickling onto Good Old Games while we're busy playing good new games, some of which feel like old games because old games are the new new games.  

**** you for making me read that three times.

• Like 1

Jesus christ bruce, you might want to cover your eyes right about now. Boo ain't no cuddly laphamster.

Its impossible to gross me out with gayness now, I've played far too many of Bioware's newer games.

Good to know, good know. This is real progress Drowsy

And they say that games can't really improve or change our perspective in life. You are evidence they can. You are no longer grossed out by gayness due to an optional Romance option . Nice one :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, Bioware was a great influence on me.

I'm not so lonely anymore because I have my inflatable Liara for company.

Isn't that right sweetie?

Liara_-_hell_YEAH.png

@ Drowsy

Why does your Steam profile say Yugoslavia?

That country hasn't existed for decades  :blink:

John Milton 

Bruce, Valve still hasn't figured out what countries use the Euro as currency. Customer support has explained to me now that my problems with steam not accepting my credit cards ,is that the system has to update to local currency for the store to be accessible. When I pointed out to them that Germany, Greece, Italy and Cyprus (the countries I have used Steam in) all have the same currency they became snarky.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

@ Drowsy

You're actually wrong. The 2nd Yugoslavia ( first was a kingdom that ended in WW II ) might have ceased to exist in 1991,  but Serbia together with Montenegro formed a federation called Federal Republic of Yugoslavia until 2003.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

You'll have to convince Valve that

I hear you, its wrong though. You would think such an advanced company that is the leading gaming distribution company in the world would understand basic geography. Personally I would be insulted if I lived in any of the countries that use to be part of Yugoslavia

They probably don't want to keep updating their list of countries and borders, it's easier to use the region of former-Yugoslavia because that's not going to change.

That's no excuse, the countries like Serbia and Croatia won't change there borders :)

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

@ Drowsy

You're actually wrong. The 2nd Yugoslavia ( first was a kingdom that ended in WW II ) might have ceased to exist in 1991,  but Serbia together with Montenegro formed a federation called Federal Republic of Yugoslavia until 2003.

Majek you know exactly what I mean, no one  likes a smartass :p

John Milton 

Yeah? What should i say about you're complaining then?

You CAN choose Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro or Macedonia in your profile settings. In fact, i had Slovenia since the beginning, everything but whatever federation or country Serbia was part of was there from the beginning.

So why should Valve still be blamed for Drowsy's whatever it is ?

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Yeah? What should i say about you're complaining then?

You CAN choose Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro or Macedonia in your profile settings. In fact, i had Slovenia since the beginning, everything but whatever federation or country Serbia was part of was there from the beginning.

So why should Valve still be blamed for Drowsy's whatever it is ?

Oh are you saying you can chose Serbia or Croatia if you want?

John Milton